Visual Voicemail is an interesting interface that allows direct access to voicemail without making any phone calls. iPhone users can listen to their messages in any order from the inbox-like interface. This app gives users the advantage of viewing a list of messages, unlike the old-fashioned way. However, Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable for many iPhone users due to a number of reasons. Let us explore these reasons in detail and get familiar with what does Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable call voicemail mean?
How to Fix Visual Voicemail is Currently Unavailable Error
We bring to you a helpful guide that will teach you how to fix Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable error.
You can try to restart your device and perform software update. If that doesn’t work try the following:
1. Reset your network settings.
2. Turn Off Call Forwarding feature.
3. Contact your carrier service provider.
What Does Visual Voicemail is Currently Unavailable Call Voicemail Mean?
If Visual Voicemail on your iPhone is not available, it means that there are no voicemail transcripts and no entries to check. This error comes up when app users try to check their Visual Voicemail messages. The error stops users from accessing their voicemails until it is fixed.
Why Visual Voicemail is Currently Unavailable?
Sometimes, the Visual Voicemail app does not work properly the way it should. This interference can stop you from accessing your messages and is usually caused by a handful of reasons:
- Temporary software glitch
- Weak and unreliable cellular signal
- Low free phone memory
- Call forwarding
- Outdated app
- Outdated software version
- Incorrect network settings
Even though Visual Voicemail currently unavailable error is annoying and persists every time you try to check your messages, you can address this situation with the help of some easy solutions.
Method 1: Restart iPhone
A temporary glitch in the system or a bug can sometimes interfere with certain mobile applications. In this case, it can stop Visual Voicemail from working properly. Therefore, you must try restarting your iPhone to fix the issue. Not to mention, restarting a device also helps in clearing corrupt memory and garbage out of it. So, try this easy fix and get over with this annoying voicemail issue. You can also refer to our guide on How to Restart iPhone X for more.
Method 2: Turn On Cellular Data
The Visual Voicemail feature of an iPhone works when cellular data is enabled. If the connection has been unintentionally turned off, it can result in Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable. So, tweak your device’s cellular data settings and switch it on with the help of the following steps:
1. Open your iPhone and tap on the Settings app in it.
2. Now, tap on Mobile Data.
3. Next, toggle on the Mobile Data button.
4. Then, scroll down and ensure that the toggle buttons for Phone and Settings are on.
Finally, go back to Visual Voicemail and check if the issue has been resolved.
Also Read: How to Fix SSL Error on iPhone
Method 3: Disable Airplane Mode
Airplane mode is a phone feature that disables all connections if turned on. However, turning it on refreshes cellular data and Wi-Fi. Therefore, to fix the Visual Voicemail error, try enabling and disabling Airplane mode on your iPhone.
1. On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
2. Now, toggle on the Airplane Mode option.
3. Then, after a few seconds, toggle off Airplane Mode.
Now, check if you are able to access your messages in Visual Voicemail.
Method 4: Clear Storage Data
Another possible reason that can result in Visual Voicemail problems is not having enough free memory in your iPhone. If your iPhone has run out of space lately, Visual Voicemail might stop storing and playing back your messages properly. You need at least 15% of free memory for Visual Voicemail to work properly. Therefore, to fix Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable, you must ensure that there is enough free memory in your device by clearing out some space. You can refer to our guide on 12 Ways to Fix iPhone Storage Full Issue for more help.
Also Read: How to Delete System Storage on iPhone
Method 5: Disable Call Forwarding
Call forwarding is a setting on your iPhone that can redirect all your incoming calls rather than going to voicemail. Therefore, you must make sure that the call-forwarding feature of the device is turned off in order to collect your voicemails again. Learn more about turning off call forwarding with the help of the steps given below:
1. First, tap on the Settings application of your iPhone.
2. Now, scroll down through Settings list and tap on Phone.
3. Next, tap on Call Forwarding in it.
4. Finally, toggle off Call Forwarding.
Method 6: Install Pending Carrier Updates
Just like any other apps or the iOS of your device, there are regular updates for your carrier as well that are released from time to time. These updates help to ensure better phone performance, call connectivity, and great functioning of texts and voicemails. So, to resolve Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable, make sure to install pending carrier updates, if available.
1. First, open iPhone Settings and tap on General in it.
2. Next, tap on the About tab.
3. Then, tap on Carrier in it.
4. If an update for Carrier is available, it will appear on the screen. Tap on Update and follow the instructions given on the screen to install it.
Also Read: Apple Releases iOS 16.3 Update Globally
Method 7: Update iOS
Ensuring that your carrier is updated is not enough when it comes to Visual Voicemail errors. You should also make sure that the iOS of your device has the latest version available. So, update the iOS of your device by following the instructions given below:
Note: Ensure a good internet connection before updating iOS.
1. Launch the Settings app on iPhone and tap on the General tab.
2. Now, select the Software Update option.
3. Next, tap on Download and Install.
4. You can also tap on Install Tonight to install the update automatically overnight.
Method 8: Change Voicemail Password
The next possible way to fix Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable is by changing the voicemail password of your iPhone. Doing so will refresh your device’s connection to the Visual Voicemail feature. Check out the steps given below to change the voicemail password of your device:
1. Tap on the Settings app on your iPhone and select Phone in it.
2. Now, scroll down and tap on Change Voicemail Password.
3. Next, enter a new password and tap on Done.
4. Then, enter the new password again and press Done to complete the process.
Once done, close the Phone app and try to access your voicemail messages again.
Method 9: Try Old Way of Dialing Voicemail
If the voicemail issue still persists on your device after trying all the methods given above, you can try the old way of dialing voicemail to access your messages. You can do this by calling on your own mobile phone number from your own phone and then entering the PIN to access unheard messages.
Method 10: Reset Network Settings
As the Visual Voicemail issue is related to network-related workarounds, you can try resetting your network settings if nothing else works. Doing so will reset settings like Wi-Fi passwords, VPN settings, and more. Other than that, all your data including photos, files, messages, videos, and others will be kept intact. So, if Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable on your device, reset network settings by following the steps below:
1. To start with, tap on Settings and select the General tab in it.
2. Now, swipe down and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone at the bottom.
3. Then, tap on Reset.
4. After that, tap on Reset Network Settings.
Method 11: Contact Carrier Support
Finally, if nothing else works, the last resort for you to fix Visual Voicemail-related issues is to contact carrier support. You can take forward the issue with them and ask them to resolve it as soon as possible.
- How to Refresh Android Phone
- How Do I Delete All Vortex Mods at Once
- How to Know If Someone Blocked Your Number on iPhone Without Calling
- Fix Samsung Galaxy 5 Voicemail Not Working
This brings us to the end of our guide on Visual Voicemail is currently unavailable. We hope that one of the above solutions helped you out in fixing voicemail issues on your iPhone. Do let us know about your other queries and suggestions by leaving them in the comments section below.