On our devices, we store many things like photos, songs, apps, etc. Eventually, the storage becomes full, and this situation can be bad. If you have also come across iPhone system storage too high, don’t worry because this article will clear your queries like what to do when iPhone system storage too high and how to delete system storage on iPhone. Keep reading our article to gain insights on this.
Table of Contents
How to Delete System Storage on iPhone
If you want to know how to delete system storage on iPhone, let us tell you that it is not possible to delete the system storage on your device completely. It is made of essential system files necessary for your iPhone to work. So, you can reduce the system storage. To reduce iPhone system storage, follow the below methods:
Method 1: Restart iPhone
Method 2: Capture Photos in High Efficiency Mode
You can also remove the photos that are unwanted or capture your photos with High-Efficiency mode rather than Compatibility to create free space on iOS. To optimize your photos, you can turn on the High Efficiency mode on your device for Camera photos. To do so, read below:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Then, tap on the Camera > Formats option.
3. Tap on the High Efficiency option.
Also Read: How to Delete Apps from MacBook
Method 3: Clear Safari App Cache
To learn how to delete system storage on iPhone, you can opt for this method, to fix the issue. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Launch the Settings app and tap on Safari.
2. Then, tap on Clear History and Website Data.
3. From the pop up, tap on Clear History and Data.
Method 4: Delete Music
By deleting music, you can clear space on your iPhone. Follow the below-mentioned steps, to do so:
1. Navigate to the Settings app and tap on General.
2. Tap on iPhone Storage.
3. Locate the Music app.
4. Then, swipe left on a song or music you want to remove from your device and tap on Delete.
Also Read: 12 Ways to Fix iPhone Storage Full Issue
Method 5: Delete Old Messages
Try deleting old messages, to clear up the storage space on iPhone. To do so, read below:
1. Tap on the Messages option on the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Now, tap on the Keep Messages option.
3. Choose the 30 Days or 1 Year option to keep your messages for that time period before they get deleted.
4. From the ensuing pop-up, tap on the Delete option to delete them or Cancel to keep them.
Method 6: Delete Unnecessary Apps
If you want to learn how to clean up iPhone Storage for free then you can delete the apps that you no longer use, so that you can create free space on iOS. To learn how to do this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Now, tap on the General > iPhone Storage option.
After that, a list of apps will appear on your screen showing you how much storage space each occupies and the total Storage Space left on your device. Below the name of the app, the Last Used will also be displayed so that you can see which apps you have used the least.
3. Tap on the desired apps that you wish to Offload from your iPhone temporarily or Delete permanently.
Note: If the app is taking too much of your storage space and you have not used it for a very long time, you can delete it or offload it.
Note: You can choose the Offload App option if you wish to remove the app from your device but leave its data behind so that when you reinstall it later, you can use it the way you used to as all the data would still be there. If you choose the Delete App option, the app and its data will get deleted.
Method 7: Factory Reset iPhone
The last resort that you can opt for is to factory reset your iPhone. By factory resetting your device, you can free up the storage space on your device. But make sure that you create a backup before you perform a factory reset as all your data and information will be erased. To do so, read our article on How to Factory Reset iPhone X.
- How to Reverse Audio on Instagram
- Fix WhatsApp Photos Not Backing Up to Google Photos on Android
- How to Install Same App Twice without Parallel Space on iPhone
- How to Get Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
We hope that you learned about how to delete system storage on iPhone. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.