Tinder has over 75 million subscribers, making it one of the most popular dating apps online. No matter how much this dating application is popular, it still faces some issues when it comes to logging in, processing in-app purchases, or swiping from left to right to look for individuals and match with them. Along with it, many users have also complained fix something went wrong error in Tinder, which is also a common occurrence. If you are someone dealing with the same errors on Tinder then you have come to the right place. To your rescue, we have gathered different methods to fix Tinder something went wrong 40036 and 40314 error under one roof. So, without delaying any further let us get started with fixing these errors right away.
Table of Contents
- Ways to Fix Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error
- What is Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error?
- What Causes Tinder Something Went Wrong Error?
- How to Fix Something Went Wrong 40036 Error
- Method 1: Restart Tinder
- Method 2: Wait for Tinder Server Uptime
- Method 3: Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity Issues
- Method 4: Update Tinder
- Method 5: Verify Card Details
- Method 6: Clear App Cache
- Method 7: Process Payment Via Website
- Method 8: Reinstall Tinder
- Method 9: Create New Tinder Account
Ways to Fix Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error
In this guide, we bring a helpful guide that will teach you fix something went wrong error on Tinder app.
What is Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error?
Error code 40036 on Tinder is an issue that shows up when users attempt to buy something inside the app, for instance, by updating to Tinder Plus. This issue is related to purchases on Tinder and can be caused due to incomplete purchases as Tinder does not accept credit cards.
What Causes Tinder Something Went Wrong Error?
A purchase error while buying something on Tinder, like upgrading to Tinder Plus can arise due to a number of issues listed below:
- Server Issues: Server-related problem is the most common when you cannot make a purchase on Tinder. If the application is running busy or is under maintenance, it might not work properly. Thus, causing issues when you try to make an in-app purchase.
- Temporary App Bugs: Another reason behind error code 40036 are temporary bugs in the app. This issue can be resolved simply by restarting Tinder on your device.
- Poor Internet Speed: A prominent reason behind error 40314 is a weak or low internet connection that can stop you from using the app.
- Corrupt Cache App: The corrupt Tinder cache is responsible for triggering the error code 40036 as well as 40314.
- Outdated App: If your app is running on an outdated version, you must update it to avoid issues with purchasing and network problems in Tinder.
- Wrong Card Details: If you enter your card details improperly while making a purchase on Tinder, you can encounter error code 40036.
- Corrupt Installation Files: If your application files are corrupt, you must reinstall the app again to fix the respective error code.
How to Fix Something Went Wrong 40036 Error
Fixing a purchase-related error along with network problems on Tinder is easy to deal with some tested and tried troubleshooting methods that are listed below:
Method 1: Restart Tinder
You can also try restarting Tinder on your device to fix temporary bugs and glitches. Internal Tinder issues have been known to trigger Tinder something went wrong 40036 error. Therefore, you must restart the application and launch it again on your Android phone to fix the error.
1. Close the Tinder application on your Android phone.
2. Now, tap on the task view icon at the bottom of your home screen and tap on the Close all option.
3. Finally, relaunch the Tinder application on your device and try to make the same purchase again to check if the error code has been resolved.
Method 2: Wait for Tinder Server Uptime
First and foremost, as a Tinder user, you should check the server status of the application online. Tinder servers under maintenance or server outage can stop you from operating the app and processing your in-app purchase, leading to error code 40036. So, check the server status of Tinder via a third-party website, known as Downdetector, and get live updates about the app’s performance.
Also Read: Can I Make a New Tinder Account After Being Banned?
Method 3: Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity Issues
Internet connection is extremely important while using Tinder. A weak or stable internet connection can stop you from using Tinder features properly resulting in the error code. Therefore, to fix Tinder something went wrong 40314 error, check your internet connection and if some issue is found, refer to our guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone.
Method 4: Update Tinder
Updating the Tinder app is also essential in order to fix something went wrong 40314. If you are running an older version of the Tinder app then you might face some network connectivity errors like error code 40314. Therefore, you must ensure that the app is updated with the latest version which you can do with the help of our guide on How to Automatically Update All Android Apps At Once.
Method 5: Verify Card Details
Wrong card details are a mistake that usually go unnoticed in case of something went wrong 40036 error in Tinder. So, if you are unable to purchase in Tinder then you should check if you have entered wrong card details while making the in-app purchase. You must cross-check details on your card with the details entered in the Tinder payment options. Once the credentials have been checked, proceed with the payment see if you can now purchase or not.
Also Read: How to Bypass Tinder Phone Number Verification
Method 6: Clear App Cache
Cache stored on your Android phone helps in the app loading process. However, the same stored cache can become corrupt when it builds up and causes Tinder something went wrong error. In this case, clearing the Tinder app cache comes in handy that removes bugs from it. So, in order to clear Tinder cache, you can take the help of our guide on How to Clear Cache on Android Phone (And Why Is It Important).
Method 7: Process Payment Via Website
You can also give a chance to processing payment via website option if the Tinder app you are using is not working fine and is resulting in error code 40036. You can skip several attempts of processing the payment via the app and switch to a website for it by following the steps below:
1. Launch the Google Chrome application on your desktop or laptop.
2. Now, open the official Tinder website in the browser and click on the Log in button at the top.
3. Finally, make the payment in your Tinder account and check if the error code 40036 has been resolved.
Also Read: Fix Tinder Matches Disappeared on Android
Method 8: Reinstall Tinder
If you are still unable to resolve Tinder something went wrong 40314 error then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the application on your phone. This method will help you fix bugs within the app’s installation files. You can reinstall Tinder by following the steps given below:
1. Open the Settings application on your Android phone.
2. Tap on Apps.
3. Select the Tinder app from the list.
4. Now, tap on the Uninstall option.
5. Next, tap on OK to confirm the process.
6. Next, launch the Play Store application on your phone and search Tinder in it.
7. Now, tap on the Install button for Tinder.
Finally, launch Tinder and check if Tinder something went wrong 40036 error has been resolved.
Also Read: Tinder Rolls Out New Safety Features
Method 9: Create New Tinder Account
Finally, to fix something went wrong error, you can try deleting your Tinder account if you are still unable to complete a purchase. Making a new account will help you with making in-app purchases but before you do that delete your old account first.
Note: Deleting your old Tinder account will remove all your matches, messages, and other information associated with it.
1. Sign in to your Tinder account from your device.
2. Next, tap on the profile icon in it.
3. Now, go to Tinder Settings.
4. Finally, scroll down and select Delete Account.
5. Tap on Delete My Account >.
Note: Also, you can tap on PAUSE MY ACCOUNT to pause your account instead of deleting it.
6. Choose the desired reason for the deletion of your account.
7. Tap on DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
Once your account has been deleted, make a new Tinder account and try making the same purchase in it to check if the error has been fixed.
- 10 Quick Ways to Fix Amazon Prime Error Code 1061
- How to Do the Echo Effect on TikTok
- Hinge Vs. Tinder: Which Dating App is Better?
- How to Delete Matches on Tinder
This brings us to the end of our guide on Tinder something went wrong 40036. We hope that all your queries about error something went wrong in Tinder were answered. If you have other doubts to ask, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.