Watching movies and series on Amazon Prime is a great way to spare yourself from cable restrictions. You can watch anything you want with just a few taps and enjoy unlimited content from the comfort of your home. However, despite all these benefits, Amazon users often struggle with Amazon Prime error code 1061 Fire TV Stick. Continue reading this article to find out more about what does error code 1061 mean on Amazon Prime and how to fix it.
Ways to Fix Amazon Prime Error Code 1061 on Fire TV Stick
If you are struggling with Amazon Prime error code 1061 Fire TV Stick then you are at the right place. In this article, you will learn about the most effective and helpful troubleshooting methods that will help you in weeding out the error. Moreover, all these are easy to follow which makes it easier for beginners to combat the said error.
What does Error Code 1061 mean on Amazon Prime?
Before moving on to how to fix Amazon Prime error code 1061, let us first understand what does error code 1061 mean on Amazon Prime. This error is usually caused due to unstable internet connection or low bandwidth which fails to support buffering-free HD media. If you encounter this error then it means that you will be no longer able to watching any movie or web series.
Also Read: How Much is Paramount Plus on Amazon Prime
What Causes Error 1061?
There are various reasons for what causes error 1061 on your all-time favorite Amazon Prime. Let us take a look at them one by one.
- You are not connected to the internet.
- You have an unstable internet connection.
- You have not updated Amazon Prime.
- Amazon Prime is currently facing server downtime.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Error Code 1061 on Fire TV Stick
Now that you know what causes error 1061 on Amazon Prime, let us begin with the troubleshooting methods. So let us get started with them one by one.
Method 1: Restart Router
As mentioned earlier, error 1061 can also result due to a bad internet connection. To solve this, you can read out in-depth How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to restart router or modem and establish a fresh connection.
Also Read: Fix Amazon Prime Video Buffering Issue
Method 2: Wait for Amazon Server Uptime
Before troubleshooting an app-related error, the first and foremost thing you need to ensure is server downtime. In other words, if an app is facing server downtime, it becomes temporarily unavailable for users worldwide. As a result, you will be unable to log in, load content, and watch something peacefully. For this, you can check the Amazon Prime Downdetector page. Wait for a few hours and try again later.
Method 3: Restart Firestick
Another method you can try to troubleshoot error 1061 is restart Firestick. For this, what you need to do is: Here are a few ways through which you can fix Amazon Prime error code 1061.
1. Press the Home button and go to Settings.
2. Next, select My Fire TV from the menu.
3. Finally, select the Restart option from the displayed menu.
Also Read: Fix Amazon Prime Sound Issues
Method 4: Restart Application
You can also try force stopping an app on your Fire Stick TV if it is behaving the exact opposite of how it should. For this, all you have to do is:
1. Press the home button and go to Settings.
2. Go to Apps followed by Manage Installed Applications.
3. Next, select Amazon Prime.
4. Choose Force stop from the menu on the screen.
Method 5: Clear App Cache
Clearing app cache helps to improve speed and free up storage space. It will also prevent unexpected app crash which interrupt your experience and make things frustrating.
1. Go to Settings and select Applications on your Fire TV.
2. Now go to Manage Installed Applications.
3. Find and select Amazon prime.
4. Next, select Clear Cache.
Also Read: How to Cancel Amazon Prime Video
Method 6: Update Amazon Prime
This method works great if you are only experiencing issues with a specific app which is Amazon Prime in this case. For this, what you need to do is update Amazon Prime app as shown below and fix Amazon Prime error code 1061 issue.
1. First go to Settings followed by Applications.
2. Select Appstore.
3. Lastly, toggle ON Automatic Updates.
Doing this will ensure that your Fire TV updates all the installed apps as soon as an update for them is available.
Method 7: Update Fire OS
An outdated Fire OS can cause a lot more errors than you can imagine. Since Amazon keeps releasing new updates every once in a while, it is essential to update your TV as soon as possible. This will keep bugs at bay and ensure everything is running smoothly.
1. Go to Settings on Fire TV.
2. Select My Fire TV at the bottom.
3. Now go to About.
4. Choose the Check for Updates option.
If an update is available then follow the steps displayed on your screen. If no new update is available then move on to the next troubleshooting method to fix Amazon Prime error code 1061 issue.
Method 8: Reinstall Amazon Prime
To reinstall an app on Amazon Fire Stick TV, all you need to do is:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Select Applications.
3. Next, select Manage Installed Applications.
4. From here, choose Amazon Prime and select the Uninstall option.
5. Next, select the Find option on the home screen.
6. Choose Search and type Amazon Prime.
7. Select the download option and wait till the process is complete.
Now launch the app again and see if the issue has been resolved.
Method 9: Contact Internet Service Provider
As already stated above, error code 1061 can result due to wobbling internet connection. If the above-mentioned methods were unable to resolve the said error, then you should try contact your internet service provider. Another thing to keep in mind is that several ISPs offer parental controls which can ultimately make it difficult to access apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Method 10: Contact Amazon Prime Help Center
If nothing else worked in your case, then you can opt for this last resort. You can try contacting Amazon Help Center to solve any query and get expert solutions to any error code.
- Top 20 Best Mac Clipboard Manager Apps
- Fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 Connection to Server Timed Out on PC
- 9 Ways to Fix Amazon Prime Error Code 7136
- What is Amazon Prime PMTS Bill WA?
We hope this article helped you in troubleshooting Amazon Prime error code 1061. Please share your valuable feedback and reviews in the comments down below. Also, let us know what you would like to read next as we keep coming up with new content. So, stay tuned to learn more.