Where is Realtek Audio Manager and what is it used for? Well, the Realtek Audio Manager is used to alter the sound settings of the speakers in-built on your PC. However, you may face the Realtek Audio Manager not opening issue. The article has the methods to the question of how to find Realtek Audio Manager and fix the issues with the Audio Manager. You can use the article as the answer to the question of how to open Realtek HD Audio Manager Windows 10 and fix the issues related to the Audio Manager.
Table of Contents
- How to Fix Realtek Audio Manager Not Opening in Windows 10
- Basic Troubleshooting Methods
- Method 1: Run Playing Audio Troubleshooter
- Method 2: Locate Realtek Audio Manager
- Method 3: Enable Realtek Audio Manager Startup App
- Method 4: Update Realtek Audio Driver
- Method 5: Modify Realtek Audio Driver
- Method 6: Reinstall Realtek Audio Driver
How to Fix Realtek Audio Manager Not Opening in Windows 10
The possible causes for the Realtek Audio Manager not working on your PC are listed here in this section.
- Missing Audio Manager icon- If the Realtek Audio Manager icon is missing on the Taskbar, you may not be able to use the Audio Manager.
- Conflicts with pre-installed audio drivers- If the audio drivers installed on your PC is not conflicting with the updated version of the audio driver, you may not be able to use the Audio Manager.
- Outdated Audio driver- If the Audio Driver on your PC is outdated, you may not be able to use the Audio Manager on your PC.
- Corrupted Audio Driver- If the Audio Driver is corrupted on your PC, you may not be able to use the Audio Manager and alter the settings.
- Outdated Windows- If you are using an outdated Windows, you may not be able to use the Audio Manager on your PC.
- Improper installation of the Realtek Audio Manager- If the audio drivers are not properly installed on your PC; you may not be able to use the Realtek Audio Manager.
Basic Troubleshooting Methods
The basic troubleshooting methods described in this section will help you fix the Realtek Audio Manager not opening issue on your PC.
1. Restart PC
If there are certain glitches on your PC that are not allowing you to open the Realtek Audio Manager, you can try restarting your PC. To restart your PC, press the Windows key, click on the Power button on the START menu, and click on the option Restart to restart your PC.
2. Repair Corrupt Files
You can check for the corrupted system files on your PC using the DISM and SFC scan tools to fix the issue with the Realtek Audio Manager. Read the article on how to repair system files on Windows 10 to check for the corrupted system files.
3. Update Windows
If you are using outdated Windows on your PC, you may not be able to use any of the functions on your PC. To fix the issue with the Realtek Audio Manager, you need to update the Windows to the latest version on your PC. Follow our guide to download and install latest Windows 10 updates to fix the issue.
4. Reset BIOS to Default Settings
If none of the methods work for you, you can try resetting the BIOS to default settings on your PC.
Note: The method explained in this section is based on Lenovo PC and may differ based on your manufacturer type.
1. Firstly, restart the PC and press the F1 key to enter into BIOS on your PC.
2. Press the F9 key to load the default BIOS settings on your PC and press the F10 key to save the settings.
Now, here are the advanced troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
Method 1: Run Playing Audio Troubleshooter
You can try troubleshooting the problems in the Realtek Audio driver to fix the issue with the Realtek Audio Manager. Use the link provided here to troubleshoot the problems in the Audio Driver and fix the issue.
Note: You can also use the third-party tool or download the driver fix app using the Google Chrome app on your PC.
Also Read: Fix Zoom Audio Not Working Windows 10
Method 2: Locate Realtek Audio Manager
Sometimes, you may not have located the Realtek Audio Manager on your PC and the manager may not have functioned properly. You need to locate the application and then launch it to fix the Realtek Audio Manager not opening issue. There are 3 options to open the Audio Manager on your PC, as listed below in the section.
Option I: Through Taskbar
You can open the Audio Manager using the icons on the Taskbar which would be either located on the Taskbar or in the Show hidden icons pop-up menu. Click on the Realtek Audio Manager to launch the app window on your PC.
Option II: Through Windows Explorer
You can launch the Realtek Audio Manager using Windows Explorer on your PC by opening the source file location.
1. Press the Windows + E keys together at the same time to launch the File Explorer.
2. Go to This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > Realtek > Audio > HAD folder.
2. Double-click on the RAVCpl64 application file to open the Realtek Audio Manager.
Option III: Through Control Panel
Using the Control Panel app, you can launch the Realtek Audio Manager on your PC. Here is how to open Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows 10.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set View by > Small icons, then click on the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
Hence, this is how you can open Realtek HD Audio Manager on Windows 10.
Method 3: Enable Realtek Audio Manager Startup App
The Realtek Audio Manager may have been disabled in the Task Manager and you might not be able to open the app. You need to enable the app on the Task Manager to fix the Realtek Audio Manager not opening issue.
1. Press the Windows key, type Task Manager, and click on Open.
2. Navigate to the Startup tab, select the Realtek HD Audio Manager in the list, and click on the Enable button to enable the Realtek Audio Manager.
Also Read: How to Fix Audio Stuttering in Windows 10
Method 4: Update Realtek Audio Driver
You can try manually installing the latest version of the Realtek Audio Driver to fix the issue of the Realtek Audio Manager not opening on your PC. There are various options to install the Audio driver on your PC to fix the issue in this section.
Step I: Show Hidden Device Drivers
At most times, you may not be able to access the Realtek Audio Manager in the Device Manager if it is hidden. You can use the method described here to display the hidden devices in the Device Manager and make changes to them.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Device Manager, and click on Open.
2. Click on the View tab in the window and click on the Show hidden devices option on the menu to see all the devices in the Device Manager.
Step II: Update Driver
If your Realtek Audio Driver is outdated, you need to update it to the latest version to use the Audio Manager. Follow any one of the given methods to update driver.
Option I: Through Device Manager
Read the article provided here to know the method to update the Realtek Audio Driver on your PC.
Option II: Through Microsoft Update Catalog
You can install the Realtek Audio Drivers from the Microsoft Update Catalog to fix the Realtek Audio Manager not opening issue on your PC.
1. launch Google Chrome by typing in the Windows search bar. Click on Open.
2. Open the official website of the Microsoft Update Catalog and click on the Download button based on your Windows Specifications.
3. In the Download window, click on the link available to initiate the download process and save the file to your PC.
4. Right-click on the downloaded file and click on the option Extract files… to extract the files.
5. Finally, run the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the updates.
Option III: Through OEM Manufacturers
You can install the Realtek Audio driver from the OEM Manufacturers directly on your PC and uninstall the existing drivers. Follow the steps provided in the method here to download the drivers from OEM Manufacturers on your PC.
Option IV: Install High Definition Audio Codecs
You can install the Realtek Audio Drivers by installing the High Definition Audio Codecs or the software on your PC.
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser.
2. Open the official website of the Realtek High Definition Codecs and click on the Download button in the Windows section according to your Windows specifications.
3. Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Realtek Audio driver on your PC.
Option V: Through Driver Support App
If you are not able to update or install the audio drivers frequently, you can try using an automatic recognition app to find the right driver or the Driver Support app.
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Open the official website of the Driver Support app and click on the DOWNLOAD NOW button on the page.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions in the installation wizard and click on the OK button on the Install anyway window.
4. After the app scans your PC, click on the Realtek Audio Driver, and click on the Fix It! button to install the updated driver.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 No Audio Devices are Installed
Method 5: Modify Realtek Audio Driver
You can use the methods explained in this section to modify the Realtek Audio driver and fix the Realtek Audio Manager not opening issue on your PC.
Option I: Rollback Driver Updates
If your Audio driver was functioning better in a previous version than in the updated version, you can try rolling back to the previous setting. Read the article on how to rollback drivers on Windows 10.
Option II: Add Legacy Hardware
If you cannot fix the issue with the Realtek Audio Driver, you can try adding Legacy hardware to the driver on the Device Manager. Follow these steps to add Legacy Hardware for the Realtek Audio Driver.
1. Open the Device Manager and select Sound, video and game controllers.
2. Then, click on Action > Add legacy hardware option.
3. Select Search for and install the hardware automatically (Recommended) and click on Next.
Also Read: How to Fix The Audio Service is Not Running Windows 10
Method 6: Reinstall Realtek Audio Driver
You can uninstall the Realtek Audio Driver and then the driver will get re-installed automatically. Read the article to fix audio problems Windows 10 creators Update.
- Fix Full Screen Not Working on Windows 10
- Fix Do Not Disturb Keeps Turning On By Itself on Android
- Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10
- Fix Windows 10 Audio Error 0xc00d4e86
The article discusses the methods to fix the issue of Realtek Audio Manager not opening in Windows 10. We hope that you got the answers to your queries like how to find Realtek Audio Manager or where is Realtek Audio Manager, and how to open Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows 10. If you have any suggestions or queries on the topic discussed, you can leave them in the comments section below.