As smartphones became popular, Android became the most popular OS and it continues to reign supreme over the market. It is flexible and provides users with many options and customizations. One of the best features of Android is Do Not Disturb (DND) but what does DND mean on a phone? It is an option that when enabled puts the phone on silent and stops all notifications including calls and messages. It is useful when you are in a meeting or busy with your work and want to avoid distractions. Android phone Do Not Disturb setting can be changed easily and there are many ways to turn off Do Not Disturb Android feature. However, sometimes DND mode can turn on automatically which can be frustrating. If you are also dealing with the same problem, you are at the right place. We bring to you a perfect guide that will help you fix Do Not Disturb keeps turning on issue on Android.
How to Fix Do Not Disturb Keeps Turning On By Itself on Android
There could be many reasons causing Android phone Do Not Disturb setting to turn on automatically and some of them are listed below.
- Minor system issues
- Outdated Android OS
- Incorrect Settings
After learning what DND means on a phone and what triggers it to turn on repeatedly, let’s go over a few ways by which you can turn off Do Not Disturb Android feature. Follow these methods below to fix Do Not Disturb keep turning on issue on Android.
Note: Smartphones don’t have the same Settings options. They vary from manufacturer to manufacturer so check the correct settings before changing any.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Before starting with methods to fix Do Not Disturb keeps turning on issue, we recommend you go through some basic troubleshooting and checks mentioned below.
1. Restart your phone: Many minor issues like apps crashing, blank screen, and others can be fixed by restarting your Android device. It may stop the DND function from turning on automatically. You follow our guide on How to Restart or Reboot Your Android Phone to do the same.
2. Check Volume button: Some Android phones shift to DND mode when the volume down button is pressed repeatedly or for a long time. Make sure you don’t hold on to the volume down button for too long when adjusting the volume.
3. Check DND Shortcut: In some cases, the DND feature can get turned on from the Notification panel on Android. Make sure it is turned off by dragging down the Notification panel and disabling it. You can also remove it from the Notification panel to prevent it from getting turned on accidentally.
Also Read: How to Stop Flash Messages
Method 2: Turn Off Scheduled DND
Most Android phones come with a DND feature that can be scheduled to turn on at a specific time. This scheduled option can sometimes get automatically enabled causing DND feature to turn on at a certain time on its own. Disabling this option can fix Do Not Disturb keeps turning on issue. Follow the steps below to do the same.
1. Launch your device Settings.
2. Locate and tap on the Sound & vibration setting.
3. In the Sound & vibration menu, go to the Do Not Disturb section and toggle off the Schedule turn on time option.
Method 3: Update Android OS
If you are running an old version of Android then it might be behind the DND feature malfunctioning. Android releases updates regularly to introduce new features and fix minor issues. It is recommended to keep Android OS updated for the proper functioning of your device. Updating Android may fix Do Not Disturb keeps turning on issue and you can do that by following our guide to Manually Update Android To Latest Version.
- Fix Set User Settings to Driver Failed in Windows 10
- 16 Best Recovery App for Android
- How to Check If Anyone Is Spying on Your Phone
- How to Perform Group Messaging on Android
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Do Not Disturb keeps turning on by itself on Android. Let us know which method worked for you the best. If you have any queries or suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section.