Halo Infinite is a popular action game, the game is available to play on Steam, Xbox, and PC. On your Windows computers, you can install the game from the Microsoft Store. The game is popular among fans for its graphics and gameplay. However, often users come across various errors with the game, one of the common errors is packet loss issue in Halo Infinite. Generally, the issue is associated with a bad internet connection, but can also be caused by other underlying issues with the computer. in this guide, we will discuss unstable packet loss Halo Infinite issue, and methods to resolve this Halo Infinite packet loss PC issue.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Packet Loss Issue in Halo Infinite
If you are wondering what causes packet loss issues with Halo Infinite, we have mentioned all the possible reasons for the issue here.
- System issues such as bugs and booting issues can cause this issue.
- A bad internet connection is also often associated with this error.
- A server outage can also cause packet loss issues.
- An outdated or corrupt network adaptor driver can also cause this issue.
- Outdated or corrupt Windows updates are also sometimes responsible for this issue.
- Corrupt DNS cache data can also cause this issue.
- Improper DNS settings can also cause this issue.
- A faulty VPN service can also cause this issue.
- Game port errors can also cause this problem with Halo Infinite game.
- Other underlying issues with Halo Infinite such as outdated game versions can also cause this error.
In this guide, we will discuss methods to fix Halo Infinite coop packet loss issue.
Method 1: Perform System Power Cycle
If you are having a Halo Infinite packet loss PC issue, one of the best troubleshooting methods is also one of the most basic. Sometimes, the issue can be caused due to a bug, and improper loading of the system. Most of the time, you can resolve these issues by performing a power cycle of your system. The power Cycle process is the same as rebooting your system. You can follow these simple steps to safely perform a power cycle of your computer to resolve unstable packet loss Halo Infinite issue.
1. Click on the Start icon on your desktop.
2. Here, click on the Power icon.
3. Finally, click on Shut down.
4. Wait for your computer to shut down, wait for a few minutes and turn on your computer again.
If you still can’t figure out what causes packet loss issues, and how to fix them, move on to the next method.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Issues
If packet loss issue in Halo Infinite was not caused by system errors, the next common culprit for this issue is a bad internet connection. If you are receiving a weak and unstable internet connection on your device, you may run into various issues while playing Halo Infinite on your computer. Therefore, it becomes essential to check if a bad internet connection is causing Halo Infinite coop packet loss with the game.
Option I: Restart WiFi Router
If you are using a WiFi network for playing games on your computer, you should try to restart your WiFi router to fix the issue. WiFi connection errors are one of the most common reasons for network errors on your computer, you can follow these simple steps to safely restart the WiFi router to fix Halo Infinite packet loss PC issue.
1. Locate and long-press the power button on your WiFi router.
2. Wait for your WiFi router to shut down completely.
3. Unplug all the WiFi cords from the power outlet.
4. Wait for a couple of minutes, and turn on the WiFi router.
If this does not fix unstable packet loss Halo Infinite issue, you can try the next method.
Option II: Increase Internet Speed
If you are using mobile data to play Halo Infinite on your computer, make sure that you are receiving strong signals. You should also make sure that you have subscribed to and purchased a valid mobile network plan. If you are continuously receiving bad internet you can check out the Slow Internet Connection? 10 Ways to Speed up your Internet! guide to figure out a solution for the issue. If you still don’t know what causes packet loss issues, and how to fix them, try the next method.
Method 3: Wait for Halo Infinite Server Uptime
If the network is stable, and Halo Infinite continues to malfunction on your computer, it can be caused by an unavailable game server. This can be caused by various issues such as server malfunctions, technical glitches, and often due to routine server maintenance. Generally, you cannot do anything to fix server issues for the game, and you will have to wait until the game server is fixed. Meanwhile, you can check the server status for the game, you can use websites such as DownDetector to know the server status for your game. If the servers are working fine, you can try the next method to resolve Halo Infinite coop packet loss issue.
Method 4: Update Network Adapter Driver
An outdated network adaptor driver can cause various network issues on your computer, which can further cause issues while playing games on your computer such as Halo Infinite packet loss PC issue. If you are experiencing packet loss issue in Halo Infinite, it can be due to a corrupt or outdated network adaptor driver. You can try to update the network adaptor driver on your Windows computer. if you are not sure how to update the driver, you can check out the How to Update Network Adapter Drivers on Windows 10 guide to safely update the driver to fix this issue.
Also Read: Fix Halo Infinite Keeps Crashing on Startup
Method 5: Reinstall Network Driver
If updating the network adaptor driver does not fix the issue, the problem can be caused due to bugs with the driver. To resolve this issue, you can try to reinstall the driver on your Windows 10 computer. If you are not sure how to reinstall a driver on your computer you can check out the How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10 guide to safely reinstall the driver on your computer.
Method 6: Update Windows
If your computer’s Windows is not updated to the latest version, you may experience various issues with the game. Generally, Windows are updated automatically, but if you are having trouble, you can manually install the latest updates. You can check out the How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update guide to safely install the latest updates for Windows 10.
Method 7: Flush DNS Cache
Improper or corrupt DNS cache can also cause various issues while playing games on your computer. To resolve issues caused by DNS corrupt cache, you can try to flush out the DNS cache data from your Windows 10 computer. You can check out the How to Flush and Reset DNS Cache in Windows 10 guide, to safely flush out the DNS cache data.
Method 8: Use Google DNS
Sometimes, if you are not able to fix the DNS issues on your computer, the issue with Halo Infinite can remain. If you are not able to fix the DNS issue on your computer, you can try to switch to Google DNS. You can check out the How to Switch to OpenDNS or Google DNS on Windows guide to find steps to switch to a public Google DNS to resolve packet loss issue in Halo Infinite.
Method 9: Disable VPN Server
If you are using a VPN service to play the game, it can also cause a packet loss issue with the game. Therefore, it can be a good idea to disable the VPN service. You can check out the How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10 guide to find ways to stop using a VPN service on your computer.
Method 10: Use Port Forwarding
If the game ports are not open, you can experience packet loss issues with the Halo Infinite game. you can use port forwarding to fix this issue. If you are using a router that does not support UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), you can manually forward the port.
1. Open the web browser and go to router settings by entering the following in the search bar.
2. Now, enter your correct login credentials.
3. On the Settings page, navigate to Advanced / Expert.
4. Here, search for the Port Forwarding / NAT Forwarding option.
5. To manually forward the port, enter the below ports depending on your device.
For Halo Infinite
- TCP: 3074, 27015, 27036
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074-3075, 3544, 4500, 27015, 27031-27036
6. Save the changes and reboot the router.
Method 11: Update Halo Infinite
Sometimes, an outdated game version can also cause this issue, you can try to update Halo Infinite game on your system to resolve this issue. You can follow these simple steps to check for game updates.
1. Open Microsoft Store from the start menu.
2. Locate and click on Library.
3. Here, locate Halo Infinite, and click on Update.
Method 12: Reinstall Halo Infinite
If none of the previous methods work for you and you are not able to fix the issue, you can try to reinstall the game. Reinstalling the game will remove all the game files, and fix the issues for the game. You can follow these simple steps to uninstall and reinstall the game.
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
2. Locate and click on Apps.
3. Now, navigate to Halo Infinite and select Uninstall.
4. Finally, click on Uninstall to confirm the action.
5. Now, open Microsoft Store from the start menu.
6. Search for Halo Infinite.
7. Select the game from the results, and click on Get.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is packet loss issue in Halo Infinite?
Ans. Packet loss is a common error that often come up while playing Halo Infinite. This is generally caused by a bad internet connection.
Q2. Why can’t I play Halo Infinite on my PC?
Ans. There can be various factors that may be causing Halo Infinite to malfunction, some of the common reasons are a bad internet connection, improper or corrupt DNS cache, or outdated Windows version.
Q3. From where to download Halo Infinite on my PC?
Ans. You can download the Halo Infinite on your computer from Microsoft Store.
- Fix This Media is Not Available on Twitter Error
- How to Take Screenshot on Overwatch
- Fix Challenges Not Tracking on Halo Infinite
- Halo Infinite Best PC Settings to Increase FPS
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to fix packet loss issue in Halo Infinite. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.