Origin is a free platform to download and enjoy games. This huge list of interesting games can be installed on your PC for free without any hassle. But like all desktop apps, Origin also has some errors and bugs. Origin error 65546:0 is one of the most common errors faced by hundreds of gamers these days. This is a common error that occurs when you launch any game on Origin. If you are also facing the same issue, this guide will help you fix error 65546:0. So, continue reading!
How to Fix Origin Error 65546:0 in Windows 10
Here are some common reasons that cause the error 65546:0. Analyze them deeply to choose the best suitable troubleshooting method.
- Origin server is offline or facing any connectivity issues
- Administrative rights are not granted to Origin
- Few Origin processes are conflicting with the app
- Some other background application is interfering with Origin
- Corrupt or bad Origin cache
- Outdated Windows Operating system, .NET framework, DirectX versions, and drivers
- VPN or proxy server connection is not stable
- Any glitches or corrupt files on your PC
- Antivirus or firewall blocking the app
- Conflicting entries in hosts files
- Other incompatible apps on the PC are preventing Origin to open normally
- Misconfigured Origin installed files
Here, we have compiled a list of troubleshooting hacks that will help you fix error 65546:0 in Origin.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Following are the basic methods that you can follow to fix the said error.
1A. Run Origin as Administrator
Apps like Origin will need admin rights to run without any issues or errors. So, as a primary fix, consider running Origin as Administrator as instructed below.
Option I: From Start Menu
1. Press the Windows key and type Origin, then click on Run as administrator.
Note: If you do not see the Run as administrator option click on the down arrow icon to view it.
2. Choose Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
Option II: From File Location
1. Press the Windows key, type Origin, and then click the option Open file location.
Note: If you don’t see the Open file location option click on the down arrow icon to view it.
2. Then, right-click on the executable file of the Origin.
3. Now, click on the Properties option.
4. Switch to the Compatibility tab in the Properties window and then check the box Run this program as an administrator as shown below.
5. Finally, click on Apply, followed by OK, which saves the changes. Check if the discussed issue which is fix error 65546:0 resolved or not.
1B. Check Origin Server Status
Checking the server status of Origin is a primary fix if running the game with admin rights did not help you fix Origin error 65546:0. Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the Origin server status.
1. Go to the official site of Downdetector.
2. You will receive a message which is User reports indicate no current problems at Origin if you do not have any issues from the server side.
3. If you see any other message, you must wait until the server-side issues are resolved.
1C. Ensure Stable Network Connection
If your internet connection is unstable and inadequate. this could cause trouble in Origin’s normal gaming processes. If there is any interference or obstacles between your PC and router, it might also cause the discussed problem. Check the network speed of your computer by running a SpeedTest.
Follow the below criteria and make sure these are satisfied by your computer.
- Clear all the obstructions in between the way of the router if the signal strength of your network is very low.
- Your internet connection might be slow if many devices are connected to the same network, so try to avoid it.
- Always prefer buying a router or modem that is verified by your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- It is not recommended to use old, damaged, or broken cables, replace the cables if it is necessary.
- Make sure that wires from the modem to the wall and wires from the modem to the router are out of any disturbance.
If you face any internet connectivity issues, check our guide How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to troubleshoot the same.
1D. Restart Origin Process
Restarting your Origin Process is another fix for Origin error 0xc00007b and 65546:0, here is how to do it. Follow as instructed.
1. Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+ Shift + Esc keys altogether.
2. Locate and select the Origin task which will be under the Processes tab.
3. Now, click on End task.
4. Now, launch Origin as administrator as instructed in Method 1 and check if you can fix the issue.
1E. Close Background Applications
There may be many applications that might run in the background. This increases the usage of the CPU resources and consumes the memory space, a lot more than expected. Therefore, it affects the system performance and it could also cause the discussed Origin error in Windows 10. Close all the processes which are given below that may consume the resources of your computer one by one or manually by following our guide How to End Task in Windows 10.
- Nvidia GeForce Experience
- Xbox Windows app
- MSI afterburner
- Rivatuner statistics/server
- AMD’s Wattman program
- AB overlay
- Asus Sonic Radar
- NVIDIA Shadowplay
- AverMedia Stream Engine
- Razer Synapse
Check if you were able to fix error 65546:0.
1F: Ensure Correct Date & Time Settings
Few users have reported that Origin error 65546:0 might occur in your Windows 10 PC due to incompatible date and time settings. Hence, you have to check the correct settings as instructed below.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Now, click on Time & Language setting.
3. Then, in the Date & Time tab, make sure to Set the time automatically and Set the time zone automatically options are toggled on.
4. Then, click on Sync now as highlighted above.
5. Now, switch to the Region tab in the left menu and the Country or region option, make sure you choose the United States as shown.
Method 2: Clear Origin Cache Files
The cache files of the Origin app are stored to ensure a fast and smooth user experience of games. But when days pass, they get corrupt and result in several errors and problems, including the discussed one. Follow the below-mentioned steps to clear the Origin cache.
1. Press the Windows key and then type %appdata%, and then, click on Open.
2. Right-click on the Origin folder and choose the Delete option as shown below.
3. Go to Start and type %programdata% and then click on Open to go to the ProgramData folder.
4. Then, find the Origin folder and then delete all the files except the LocalContent folder as it contains all the game data.
5. Finally, restart the PC and check if you were able to fix error 65546:0.
Method 3: Update Windows
Sometimes Origin error 65546:0 also occurs when your operating system goes out of date. Microsoft always releases a set of cumulative updates that include new features, and fixes for any bugs and problems. Hence if you face the error code in Origin, follow our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update and implement the same steps on your PC.
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can access Origin without any errors.
Method 4: Disable VPN and Proxy Server
If you have inappropriate network settings on your Windows 10 computer, you will face Origin error 65546:0. If you have installed any VPN service or use proxy servers on your PC, read our guide How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10 and implement the steps as instructed in the article.
After disabling the VPN client and proxy servers, check if you can fix error 65546:0. If you still face the same problem, try connecting to a mobile hotspot.
Also Read: How to Fix Origin Error 327683:0
Method 5: Run CHKDSK Command
If there are any issues associated with the hard drive, you will face Origin error code 65546:0. You can check any issues associated with the hard drive using our guide How to Check Disk for Errors Using chkdsk.
Method 6: Repair System Files
Several experts suggest that inspecting all the important elements of Windows PC will help you fix Origin error 65546:0. To implement this task, you have to use some inbuilt tools like System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management. Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair all your corrupt files.
Also Read: How to Move Origin Games to Another Drive
Method 7: Update .NET Framework
The .NET framework is a Windows software development framework that helps to run gaming programs and applications on your PC without any problems. There is a chance that the .NET framework on your Windows 10 PC has not been updated to the latest version, which may be causing the Origin error 65546:0 on Windows 10 PC. Follow these steps to update the framework to fix the error.
1. Launch any web browser and search for the .net framework.
2. Then, click on the first search result from Microsoft’s official website titled Download .NET Framework.
3. A new window named Supported versions will open. Here, click on the latest .NET Framework that is marked as (recommended).
4. Now, click the download button under the Runtime section.
5. Once downloaded, go to My downloads and double-click on the downloaded file to open it. Then, click Yes in the UAC confirmation dialogue box.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
7. After the software framework has been installed, restart the computer.
8. Finally, try to open Origin and see if the 65546:0 error persists. If it does, move to the upcoming methods.
Method 8: Update DirectX Version
DirectX helps to maintain the stability of Windows video and audio hardware. This helps the games using DirectX to avoid any common errors and multimedia issues precisely. To be short, you can fix error 65546:0, by updating the DirectX version as instructed below. Follow these steps to manually update DirectX so that you can fix the error.
1. Hit the Windows key, search for This PC and click on Open.
2. Click on C Drive. Then, follow the file path shown below to navigate to a folder called System 32 or SysWOW64 depending on your system architecture:
- For 32-bit Windows: Windows > System32
- For 64-bit Windows: Windows > SysWOW64
Note: You can also press the Windows + E keys together and navigate to the above locations directly.
3. In the search bar in the top right corner of the window, search for the files listed below one by one. Then, right-click on each of these individually and click on Delete, as illustrated below.
- From d3dx9_24.dll to d3dx9_43.dll
- From d3dx10_33.dll to d3dx10_43.dll
4. Next, visit the Microsoft download page for DirectX End-User Runtime Web. Here, choose a language and then click on the Download button.
5. Once the downloading is complete, open the downloaded file. It will be titled dxwebsetup.exe. Then, select Yes in the UAC dialogue box.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install DirectX.
7. Once the installation is complete, restart the PC, try to open Origin, and check if you face 0xc00007b or 65546:0 error again.
Also Read: How to Fix Origin Won’t Open on Windows 10
Method 9: Add Exclusion in Firewall
If Windows Firewall is not causing conflict with Origin, the antivirus software on your PC is likely blocking the Origin or vice-versa. You can add an exclusion for Origin to fix Origin error 65546:0.
Option I: Through Windows Security
1. Hit the Windows key, type virus and threat protection, and click on Open.
2. Then, click on Manage settings.
3. Then, click on Add or remove exclusions as shown below.
4. In the Exclusions tab, select the Add an exclusion option and click on File as shown.
5. Now, navigate to the file directory where you have installed the program and select the Origin file.
6. Wait for the tool to be added to the security suite, and you are ready to use Origin without any issues!
Option II: Through Third-party Antivirus
Note: We have shown the steps for Avast Free Antivirus as an example. Follow the steps according to your antivirus program.
1. Launch Avast Antivirus and click on the Menu option from the top right corner, as highlighted.
2. Here, click on Settings from the drop-down list.
3. In the General menu, go to Blocked & Allowed apps.
4. Then, click on ALLOW APP under the List of allowed apps section. Refer to the pic below
5A. Now, click on ADD, corresponding to the Origin app path to add it to the whitelist.
Note: We have shown App Installer being added as an exclusion below.
5B. Alternately, you may also browse for the Origin app by selecting the SELECT APP PATH option and then, click on the ADD button.
Also Read: How to Stream Origin Games over Steam
Method 10: Reset Windows Host File
The next method in troubleshooting the error code is to reset the Windows Host file. Follow the below-mentioned steps as instructed.
1. Hit the Windows key and type Notepad, then click on Open.
2. Now, copy and paste the following text into the file.
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp. # # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows. # # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name. # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one # space. # # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol. # # For example: # # 126.96.36.199 rhino.acme.com # source server # 188.8.131.52 x.acme.com # x client host # 127.0.0.1 localhost # ::1 localhost
3. Then, save the file as Hosts on the desktop.
4. Then, go to Desktop, open the file and rename it by removing the .txt term.
5. Confirm the prompt by clicking Yes.
6. Now, press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialogue box. Then, paste the following command. Then, click on OK.
7. Now, rename the existing hosts file to hosts.old
8. Go to the desktop, copy the HOSTS file and paste it into the above location.
9. Relaunch Origin and check if you can fix error 65546:0.
Method 11: Uninstall Conflicted Apps in Safe Mode
Some applications and programs might interfere with Origin during its operation. To confirm and fix error 65546:0, you have to boot to Safe Mode in Windows 10. The safe mode of Windows PC will shut all the non-essential tasks and runs with the most stable drivers. In safe mode, Windows PC will be in the most stable environment and hence you can find which app is conflicting with Origin. You can boot your computer by following our guide How to Boot to Safe Mode in Windows 10 and once all the third-party software is disabled, check if you face the Origin error code 65546:0 again.
Once your PC is in safe mode, check if you face the problem again. If you do not face the problem, uninstall any recent program or application you have added to your computer.
Also Read: How to Fix Origin Error 9:0 in Windows 10
Method 12: Reinstall Origin
If none of the methods has helped you, then try uninstalling the software and reinstalling it again. Any common glitches associated with a software program can be resolved when you reinstall the program. Following are the steps to reinstall Origin to Origin error 65546:0.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set View by > Category, then click on Uninstall a program under the Programs menu as shown.
3. Now, select Origin from the list and click on Uninstall as shown.
4. Again, click on Uninstall to confirm.
5. Now, click on Uninstall button in the Origin Uninstall wizard.
6. Wait for the Origin Uninstallation process to be completed.
7. Finally, click on Finish to remove the app from your device and then restart your computer.
8. Download Origin from its official website by clicking on Download for Windows button, as shown.
9. Wait for the download to be completed and run the downloaded file by double-clicking on it.
10. Here, click on Install Origin as depicted.
11. Select the Install location… and modify other options as per your requirement.
12. Next, check the End User Licence Agreement to accept it and click on Continue as illustrated below.
13. The latest version of Origin will be installed as shown.
14. Finally, you can Sign in to your EA account and start playing the games.
15. If all the above method fails to fix the discussed problem, reset your PC by following our guide How to Reset Windows 10 Without Losing Data, and check if this works.
- Fix Software Reporter Tool High CPU Usage in Windows 10
- Fix Forza Horizon 4 Unable to Join Session on Xbox One or PC
- Fix Origin 0xc00007b Error in Windows 10
- Fix Origin Overlay Not Working in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Origin error 65546:0 in Windows 10. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.