Xbox game lovers are already familiar with Forza Horizon 4 which is a racing video game with a variety of over 450 cars. It gives an amazing opportunity to race, perform stunts and explore your path to become a Horizon superstar. With such outstanding features, Forza Horizon 4 is all set to test your limits in the racing world, however, as possible with other video games, a few glitches with the Forza Horizon can also be encountered and can become mood spoilers for players. One such issue with Forza Horizon 4 is a problem with joining the session. If you are someone facing the same issue while playing the game then you are in the right place. We bring you a perfect guide that will help you fix Forza Horizon 4 unable to join session Xbox one issue easily. With multiple methods and easy steps, it is a cakewalk to solve the session joining problem with us, so, without delaying any further, let us get started with it.
- How to Fix Forza Horizon 4 Unable to Join Session on Xbox One or PC
- System Requirements to Play Forza Horizon 4
- Method 1: Reset Microsoft Store
- Method 2: Clear DNS Cache
- Method 3: Repair Xbox App
- Method 4: Repair System Files
- Method 5: Reinstall Teredo Adapter
- Method 6: Enable Windows Defender Firewall
- Method 7: Disable Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
- Method 8: Disable VPN or Proxy Server
- Method 9: Enable IP Helper Service
How to Fix Forza Horizon 4 Unable to Join Session on Xbox One or PC
A few reasons that have been seen to cause Forza Horizon 4 unable to join session Xbox one include:
- Network error
- Inactive product key of Windows operating system
- Outdated version of Forza, Windows, Xbox or firmware
- Overprotective antivirus software.
System Requirements to Play Forza Horizon 4
The first and foremost step in cant join the session Forza Horizon 4 error is to check if your system is capable of running the game or not. To do so, check the requirements of your PC as stated below:
- The minimum and recommended requirements for the operating system are Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher.
- Minimum processor requirements include Intel i3-4170 @3.7 GHz or Intel i5 750 @2.67 GHz while recommended is Intel i7-3820 @3.6 GHz.
- A minimum of 8 GB RAM is required whereas 12 GB RAM is recommended.
- NVIDIA 650TI or AMD R7 250x minimum graphics are required and recommended graphics are NVIDIA GTX 970 or NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB or AMD R9 290x or AMD RX 470.
- DirectX version 12 is for minimum as well as recommended.
- For both cases, a broadband internet connection is required.
- Storage required minimum is 80 GB while recommended is 100 GB.
Whether it’s technical issues with Forza or the antivirus of your system blocking the game, all of the above-stated issues can be fixed easily with some simple methods that you are going to read below:
Method 1: Reset Microsoft Store
The next method to opt for to fix unable to join session error is to reset Microsoft Store on your PC. Issues related to the Microsoft Store can be the reason why you cant join the session Forza Horizon 4 on your system. So, resetting the Store comes in handy in such cases:
1. Hit the Windows key, type Microsoft Store and click on App settings.
2. Locate and click on the Reset option.
3. Confirm the prompt by clicking on Reset.
4. Once the application is reset, launch the game to see if fix unable to join session has been resolved.
Method 2: Clear DNS Cache
Domain Name System Cache stores records of recently accessed IP addresses and hostnames. DNS cache accumulated in the system can also result in Forza Horizon 4 unable to join session Xbox one. You can clear the cache using the command prompt in your system:
1. Press the Windows key, type Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
2. Now, type the following commands in order and press the Enter key after each command.
ipconfig /flushdns netsh int ipv4 reset netsh ipv6 reset netsh winhttp reset proxy netsh winsock reset ipconfig /registerdns
3. When the DNS and proxies get cleared, restart your PC and check if cant join the session Forza Horizon 4 is resolved.
Method 3: Repair Xbox App
It is possible to encounter cant join the session Forza Horizon 4 error due to issues with Xbox app on your desktop. Whether it be bugs or other technical issues, they can mingle with Forza, forbidding you from joining the game. In this case, it is best suitable to repair the Xbox app to resolve the issue which can be done using the steps given below:
1. Hit the Windows key, type Xbox Game Bar and click on App settings.
2. Locate and select Repair.
3. Once the app is repaired, launch the game to check if fix unable to join session is resolved.
Method 4: Repair System Files
Another method that can help you fix Forza Horizon 4 unable to join session Xbox one is repairing Windows files that might be corrupt and cause the joining issue on your PC. Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10.
Once the scan is complete, you can run the game on your PC and check if cant join the session Forza Horizon 4 is settled.
Also Read: How to Cancel Xbox Game Pass on PC
Method 5: Reinstall Teredo Adapter
Teredo adapter is a tunnelling service that connects different versions of the internet protocol that addresses systems to communicate with each other. Reinstalling Teredo can be a problem solver in the case of the Forza joining error.
1. Launch Command Prompt as administrator.
2. Type the given command and press the Enter key.
netsh interface Teredo set state disable
3. Now, hit the Windows key, type Device Manager and click on Open.
4. Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.
5. Double-click on the Network adapters to expand the drivers.
6. Right-click on the Teredo adapter and select Uninstall device.
7. Next, restart the PC.
8. Now, open Command Prompt as administrator.
9. Finally, execute the following command.
netsh interface Teredo set state type=default
Method 6: Enable Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Firewall has been seen to interfere with games like Forza Horizon on desktops, therefore many players turn it off. But in the case of Teredo IPsec, Windows Defender Firewall needs to be enabled for it to work properly. So, ensure that the Firewall on your system is turned on using the following steps:
1. Press the Windows key, type Check Firewall Status and click on Open.
2. Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
3. Check the option for Turn on Windows Defender Firewall.
4. Now, restart the PC and check to see if unable to join session is resolved.
Method 7: Disable Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
Forza Horizon 4 unable to join session Xbox one issue can also result from a third-party software which can also affect Teredo IPsec’s connectivity. This is why it is important to disable antivirus software on your system to rule out any such possibility of error. You can read our helpful guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10.
Method 8: Disable VPN or Proxy Server
Another major reason why you are facing fix unable to join session while playing Forza Horizon 4 is VPNs. VPN and proxy tools are very helpful when it comes to saving your internet connection from illegal activities. But the same tools can also result in issues that you face in certain programs and heavy games like Forza on your PC. Therefore, it is most suitable that you disable or uninstall VPN and other proxy tools from your system. Check our guide on How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10.
Method 9: Enable IP Helper Service
Internet Protocol helper (IP) is a service that retrieves information about network configurations of a local computer. IP services are needed for Xbox live. If the IP services are turned off on your system, Forza Horizon 4 multiplayer game does not work. In such cases, ensure that the IP helper service is enabled on your PC.
1. Press the Windows key, type Services and click on Open.
2. Double-click on IP Helper service.
3. In the General tab, select Startup type as Automatic, and click OK.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why am I unable to join Forza Horizon 4 on my PC?
Ans. The common reason behind the inability to join Forza Horizon 4 on PC is the outdated version of Windows, Forza, or system software. Apart from it, technical issues with the game or system requirements can also affect the ability of the game to work.
Q2. Why am I not able to play Forza online?
Ans. If you are unable to play Forza online, it might be due to a corrupt or outdated network driver of your system. Hence, it is important to scan the drivers to check their status.
Q3. How can I join a session on Forza?
Ans. You can join a session on Forza using the Online tab on the menu. In it, you can select Horizon Open which will let you join your friends and other players.
Q4. Can I make a private session in Forza Horizon 4?
Ans. Yes, you can certainly create a private session in Forza Horizon 4, for that you would need to access the Private Session option from the Social tab in the game.
Q5. How can I play a multiplayer game on Forza?
Ans. You can play Forza in multiplayer mode in Team Adventure form. In it, you can complete races, and missions, and create your paths to become a Horizon superstar.
- Fix Origin 0xc00007b Error in Windows 10
- Fix Arma 3 Referenced Memory Error in Windows 10
- How to Restart Valorant Riot Client in Windows 10
- Fix Forza Horizon FH5 Error 0x803FB107
Games like Forza Horizon have changed the way racing games are played. Everything about it is exciting to explore, from unique race cars to breathtaking expeditions, it is an adventure that awaits its players. And just like any other video game, Forza Horizon has also faced some technical issues. We hope that our guide helped you in many ways to fix Forza Horizon 4 unable to join session Xbox one error. If so, then let us know which one of the methods was the most guiding. For queries about the topic or suggestions, leave your comments down below.