Apex Legends is an enjoyable online video game preferred by gamers all around the world. You can spend your leisure time playing this adventurous game. However, many users face Apex unable to connect errors during gameplay. If you are also facing the same error, then you are at the right place! We bring a perfect guide that will help you fix Apex Legends unable to connect to EA server error. There can be several reasons causing it, such as:
- Offline EA servers
- High network traffic on servers
- Issues with router or router settings
- Inadequate internet connection speed
- Block by Windows Firewall
- Outdated Windows OS
- How to Fix Apex Legends Unable to Connect to EA Servers
- Preliminary Checks to Fix Apex Legends Unable to Connect Issue
- Method 1: Log into Another Game
- Method 2: Change Date & Time Settings
- Method 3: Close All Background Applications
- Method 4: Update Apex Legends Game
- Method 5: Update Windows
- Method 6: Allow Game Through Windows Defender Firewall
- Method 7: Delete Game Cache & Temp Files
- Method 8: Disable VPN Client
- Method 9: Change DNS Server Setting
- Method 10: Contact EA for Technical Support
How to Fix Apex Legends Unable to Connect to EA Servers
Note: Before trying the methods discussed in this article, check the Server status of the game on Apex Legends official website, as shown.
Preliminary Checks to Fix Apex Legends Unable to Connect Issue
Before you begin with the troubleshooting,
- Ensure stable internet connectivity. If required, use an ethernet connection in place of a wireless network. Also read How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10.. Also read How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10..
- Restart your PC to get rid of minor glitches.
- Additionally, restart or reset your router if need be.
- Check minimum system requirements for the game to function properly.
- Log in as an administrator and then, run the game. If this works, then follow Method 1 to ensure the game runs with administrative privileges every time you launch it.
Method 1: Log into Another Game
Sometimes, a glitch in your account might prevent you from logging into or loading your game. This restricts your connection with the EA servers. If you have another EA game on your device, try to log into the game with the same EA account.
- If you can successfully log in to another game using the same EA account, then it indicates that the issue is not with your EA account. In this case, implement other methods discussed in this article.
- If you face the same loading issue with another game, it indicates that you have a problem with your EA account. Contact EA support in this case.
Method 2: Change Date & Time Settings
Your connection with the game server will often be interrupted when you have the wrong date and time settings. It may be possible that you have changed the normal date and time to alter in-game settings, but forgot to bring the setting back to normal. If this is the situation, then any time differences between console and EA server time frames will lead to interruptions in the network connection. Hence, always follow the automatic setup of date and time instead of manual setup to fix Apex Legends unable to connect to EA server issue:
1. Press Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Click on Time & Language, as highlighted.
3. Switch On the toggle for Set time Automatically, as shown.
4. Restart the PC and relaunch the game.
Method 3: Close All Background Applications
There may be plenty of applications that run in the background. This will increase the CPU and memory usage, thereby affecting the performance of the game and the PC. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix Apex Legends anti-cheat error or unable to connect error by closing the background tasks:
1. Press the Windows key, type task manager, and click on Open.
2. Here, in the Processes tab, search for unnecessary tasks running in the background.
Note: Prefer selecting third-party programs and avoid selecting Windows and Microsoft services.
3. Right-click on the running app (e.g. Google Chrome) and select End task as depicted below.
Method 4: Update Apex Legends Game
It is always essential that the game run it its latest version to avoid any conflicts. Therefore, after an update, you may be able to fix Apex Legends unable to connect error. Usually, the updates will be set automatically. However, if you have any issue or glitch with your game, you have to update it manually.
Note: Follow the steps according to the gaming platform. We have used Steam Client for illustration purposes.
If there’s a new update available for your game, it will be displayed on the Steam home page itself. Just click on the UPDATE button shown highlighted.
Additionally, follow these steps to enable automatic update feature for Steam games:
1. Launch Steam and navigate to LIBRARY, as shown.
2. Then, right-click on the Game and select Properties… option.
3. Now, switch to the UPDATES tab and select Always keep this game updated from the AUTOMATIC UPDATES drop-down menu, as depicted below.
After the update, check if the game server connection issue is rectified. If not, try the next fix.
Also Read: Where Are Steam Games Installed?
Method 5: Update Windows
If you do not use your PC in its updated version, then the files in the system will not be compatible with the game files leading to Apex unable to connect error. Here’s how to update Windows operating system:
1. Press the Windows key, type Check for updates in Search Bar, and click Open.
2. Click Check for Updates button from the right panel.
3A. Click on Install Now to download and install the latest update available.
3B. If your Windows is already up-to-date, then it will show You’re up to date message.
4. Restart your Windows PC and check if the issue is resolved now.
Method 6: Allow Game Through Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall acts as a filter in your system. It scans the information coming to your Windows PC and potentially blocks the harmful details being entered into it. However, certain programs are also blocked by the Firewall. Hence, you are advised to add an exception of the game to be allowed through the firewall as explained below:
1. Type Windows Defender Firewall in Windows search bar and open it from the search results, as shown.
2. Here, click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
3. Then, click Change settings and check boxes marked Domain, Private & Public for Apex Legends to allow it through the Firewall.
Note: You can click on Allow another app… to browse the game if it isn’t visible in the list.
4. Finally, click OK to save the changes and restart your device.
Alternately, read our guide on How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall to disable it temporarily during gameplay.
Method 7: Delete Game Cache & Temp Files
If your computer has any corrupt configuration and setting files, you might encounter Apex Legends unable to connect error. However, you can delete the corrupt configuration files by deleting data from the App Data and Local App Data folder as follows:
1. In the Windows Search box, type %appdata% and click Open to launch the AppData Roaming folder.
2. Search the Apex Legends folder and right-click on it. Then, select Delete, as shown.
3. Again, hit the Windows key, type %LocalAppData% and click Open to navigate to AppData Local folder.
4. Search for the Apex Legends folder and right–click on it. Then select Delete, as earlier.
After clearing game cache, you can delete system temp files by following steps 5-8.
5. Search for %temp% in the Search Bar, and click Open, as shown.
6. Here, select all files and folders by pressing Ctrl + A keys together and then right-click on the selected files.
7. Select the Delete option to remove all the temporary files.
8. Finally, go to Desktop and right-click on Recycle Bin. Select Empty Recycle Bin option to permanently delete the data from your Windows PC.
Method 8: Disable VPN Client
If you are using a VPN client, try disabling it or uninstall it entirely from the system and check if Apex unable to connect error is fixed or not.
1. Click on Start and type VPN settings, then click Open.
2. Here, toggle off the VPN under the Advanced Options, as shown.
Also Read: How to set up a VPN on Windows 10
Method 9: Change DNS Server Setting
You can fix unable to connect to EA servers Apex issue by changing the DNS settings, as discussed below:
1. Hit the Windows key, type Network Status, and click Open.
2. Now, go to Change adapter options.
3. Here, right-click on your network connection (e.g. Wi-Fi) and click on Properties, as shown.
4. In the Wi-Fi Properties window, select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
5. Select Use the following DNS server addresses option.
6. Then, enter the below-mentioned values in the given fields as shown.
Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS server: 22.214.171.124
7. Next, select Validate settings upon exit and click on OK.
Method 10: Contact EA for Technical Support
If you still face the said error, then the last option is to contact EA for technical support. Contact them by visiting their official website, and you might receive help within 25 minutes of the live query.
- Fix Windows 11 Black Screen with Cursor Issue
- How to Download Steam Games on External Hard Drive
- Fix MHW Error Code 50382-MW1
- How to Change League Of Legends Summoner Name
We hope that you could fix Apex Legends unable to connect to EA Server error in Windows 10 PCs. Let us know which method worked best for you. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.