Note-taking is an important part of keeping yourself on track with a busy schedule. When you are in a meeting and are being showered with information, it can be difficult to keep up without writing it down and making concise, easy-to-understand notes. Thank God, there are various applications available on the Google Play Store that can make life a little easier for you. If you too are wondering what is the most popular note app that you can use on your Android device to step up at your work, this is the right guide for you. We have come up with a list of note-making applications that will help you choose best notes app for Android devices.
Best Notes App for Android
Following are the list of best Notes app for Android device.
1. Google Keep
One of the most popular note-taking applications for Android devices, Google Keep is a great tool for making concise notes in a detailed and organized manner. The application is provided as an in-built app on many Android applications. The following are some of the important features of the application.
- Create text or handwritten notes.
- Save notes in the form of photos, and voice notes.
- Create a list of reminders.
- Organize your notes by adding labels to them.
Often considered one of best free notes app for Android, Google Keep is worth a try.
2. Microsoft OneNote
Another popular and easy notes app for Android mobile phones is Microsoft’s OneNote. The application has more than a billion downloads on the Google Play Store. The following are some of the important features of the application.
- Enables users to make notes in text, handwriting, and voice recording formats.
- The app also provides an OCR scanner, which allows users to extract text from printed documents.
- You can use features such as clipping from the web, inserting multimedia files, tagging or searching notes, drawing with your fingers, etc.
If Microsoft OneNote does not satisfy your requirements, continue reading to know what is the most popular note app.
Also Read: Top 15 Best Podcast Apps for Android
3. Dropbox Paper
Dropbox Paper is another popular name among note-taking applications for Android devices. A rival of Microsoft’s OneNote, this application provides a unique experience with its interface, usability, and various features. Some of the key features of the app are given below.
- You can save the notes to the cloud with Dropbox Paper.
- You can make changes to your notes even when you are offline.
- You can share notes with others.
- You can even collaborate with other users.
- Other features include organizing folders, checklists, due dates, annotations, and comments.
- Notes can be integrated with other applications such as Calendar.
Obsidian is an application that has been around for a long time now and has a strong following among Android users. Using the application is easy with an adaptable interface, which makes it one of best free notes app for Android. The following are some of the key features.
- The markdown feature helps format notes and access them in other applications.
- The toolbar feature can also be used to format notes.
- Other features in the app include a tabbed interface, backlinks, and a graph view.
Obsidian is one of easy notes app for Android that you should try to get the best experience.
If you are concerned about protecting your data and privacy, Notesnook is one of best notes app for Android. The app allows users to choose the level of protection, and your notes are securely locked when you close the application. Let’s look at some of the features of the app.
- Notesnook saves your encrypted notes on your device.
- Allows users to organize notes with tags, notebooks, and favorites.
- Notes reminders and text notes are provided with the premium version of the application.
If Notesnook doesn’t work for you, keep reading to know what is the most popular note app for Android.
Also Read: 17 Best WiFi Calling App for Android
FiiNote is a less popular alternative to Microsoft’s OneNote. Although the application is less known than others mentioned in this list, it surely is effective. FiiNote provides multipurpose solutions to users and is one of the best notes making apps that are available today. The following are some of the unique features of this app.
- Supports typed and handwritten notes.
- The app includes a calendar, multimedia attachments, audio recording, extensive organization, an infinite canvas, note templates, and revision history.
7. Bundled Notes
Bundled Notes is a powerful application that provides you with a large number of options and features to choose from. The application works around bundles that work as notebooks. Let’s look at some of the features of the multipurpose application that make it one of best free notes app for Android.
- Bundles work as notebooks and contain notes, lists of projects, watchlists, and tutorials.
- The application supports Markdown, which helps you organize, making Bundle Notes an easy notes app for Android.
- The application allows you to attach images and files and pin notes to notifications.
- Users are provided with tags and filters to organize notes in the app.
- Users can customize the application interface.
Simplenote is one of the most lightweight and best notes app for Android. The app is very simple to use and does not overwhelm you with several unnecessary features. Some of the key features of Simplenotes are mentioned here.
- Simplenote provides basic features such as note tags, backups, synchronization, and note sharing with a free account.
- Simplenotes provide a quick and efficient note-making experience.
If you are still wondering what is the most popular note app, Squid may be your answer. Squid is a vector-based note-making application available for Android users. The application uses an active pen, stylus, or the user’s fingers to write and create notes. The following are some of the key features of the application.
- Allows users to draw or write notes with their fingers rather than a keyboard.
- The Pro version of the application allows users to import PDF files, mark them, and save them.
- With Squid, you can cast your notes onto Chromecast or a TV.
- Other features include infinite paper sizes and vector-based strokes.
Built with a minimal interface BlackNote is one of best free notes app for Android. The functions on the app are easy to follow and use. Some of the features that make it an easy notes app for Android are mentioned here.
- Allows users to organize notes, create to-do lists, use widgets, etc.
- Users can lock the application to protect private or important notes.
- Allows you to mark notes as your favorites.
- The paid version of the app provides you with an ad-free note-taking experience.
A similar but lesser-known application to Google Keep, ColorNote is one of the best alternatives to Google’s application for Android. The following are some of the cool features provided by this application.
- Gives you access to widgets for note editing.
- Provides you with shortcut widgets that can open specific notes for you.
- Supports lined and checklist notes.
Probably one of the most recognizable note-taking applications, Evernote is a trusted name in its niche and is often considered one of best notes app for Android. Some of the most useful features of the application are mentioned here.
- Allows users to create a note from the notification bar without even opening the application.
- Webclipper allows you to save webpages by sharing them on Evernote.
- You can protect your notes by setting a passcode.
- You can invite friends and collaborators.
- Allows you to take pictures and save them.
- Provides several format options for text notes, and voice notes.
Also Read: 4 Best Hiding Apps on Android
13. Standard Notes
Standard Notes is another important tool to create secure and private notes. The application prioritizes the user’s privacy. Along with this, the application also has some great features for note-taking, as discussed below.
- The free plan of Standard Notes includes features such as cross-platform syncing, an offline function, a passcode feature, tag organization, and unlimited device support.
- If you upgrade to the professional version of the app, you can access features such as text formatting, task management, note revision history, and better organization through nested folders.
14. Nimbus Notes
Nimbus Notes is a multipurpose application that is equipped with a large number of features to deliver the best user experience. Users can access the following features via the app.
- The application provides users with a text editor, markdown support, photos, videos, PDF attachments, a web clipper, and a built-in scanner.
- The application also allows you to create multiple workspaces.
Another one of best free notes app for Android is Notion. The Notion is a popular organizing tool that is available for the web, Windows OS, Mac OS, and Android. Notion allows users to organize their personal and professional projects. The app can also be used as a note-making platform. The following are some of the key features of the application.
- A user can add tables and organize the calendar, timeline, list, and board views to manage their data.
- The application is also provided with a rich template library.
- Create multiple workspaces and share your business workspace with other members of your team.
UpNote is one of the best notes taking applications on Android. The application provides you with a variety of features to create precise and effective notes for your personal and professional projects. Some of the key features of the application are mentioned here.
- The application gives you access to create and update dates, word counts, tables of content, etc.
- Allows you to use a notebook and tags to organize notes.
- Allows exporting notes in several formats, such as text, PDF, and HTML.
Also Read: 25 Best Free Video Cutter Apps
17. Notepad Free
One of the highest-rated note-taking applications on Android, Notepad Free is also one of the most straightforward applications on this list. The application’s sole purpose is to create concise and effective notes and nothing more. The app does not bombard you with fancy features but rather delivers what it promises. If you need nothing more than a note-taking platform, Notepad Free is the application for you.
Another simple and effective application, the WorkFlowy application allows you to create notes and gives you a great platform to structure your ideas. Some of the important features of the application are mentioned here.
- The features in the application include transparent lists with subitems, titles, and a description in the lists.
- You can also add hashtags and mentions.
Also Read: Top 10 Free Android Wallpaper Apps of 2022
Created by the same creator as BlackNote, ClearNote gives you a similar experience. However, the application is made more alive by introducing colors and themes to the interface. You can use the ClearNote bar to access the ClearNote app, YouTube, Camera, Watch, Calculator, and Web Search.
As the name suggests, Notes allows you to create notes on your phone. The application is extremely lightweight and is one of the best in its niche.
- Users can add a title, create a bullet list and checklist, adjust the font and color, and add photos to the application.
- You can also organize notebooks for more transparency.
- You can sync the application with other devices and create a backup for your data.
WeNote is also a useful application for Android users, with several unique and useful features. The following are some of the key features of the application.
- The application allows you to access all the basic features, such as creating color notes, to-do lists, reminders, and calendars.
- The application can be used to store emails, phone numbers, messages, diary entries, journals, shopping lists, and to-do lists.
- You can use tags to organize the application’s content.
22. Notebook by Zoho
The fact that this application was awarded the Editor’s Choice tag speaks volumes about its potential. Notebook by Zoho is one of the best applications to organize and create notes on your Android. The following are some of the best features of the application.
- Typographic features in the application allow you to organize and customize texts.
- You can add colors to your note cards.
- You can use fingerprint sensors to lock or unlock your notes.
- Export and share notes in PDF format.
- Move or copy your notes between different notebooks.
- Mark a note as a favorite.
- The app allows you to set reminders.
- You can sync data across devices.
- The web clipper tool allows you to clip texts, images, or links.
Another one of best free notes app for Android is ProofHub. It is an all-in-one organizational tool for Android users. The application is famous among users and can help you with various tasks. The notes section in the application is shared with all the team members for quick input. The following are some of the best features of the application.
- The application provides you with the ability to add different headings, fonts, bullet points, and numberings, to help you create concise notes for your team.
- The application allows you to create different notebooks to save subject-specific information.
- How to Get Canva Pro Free for Student
- Top 30 Best Google Docs Tips and Tricks
- 21 Best Tools to Get AI-Generated Meeting Notes
- 29 Best Digital Note Taking Device
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to get best notes app for Android. Let us know which app was most useful to you. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.