CapCut is a widely known and used all-in-one free video editing app. The trend of short video-sharing platforms, like Instagram Reels, TikTok, and more made a way for such easy-to-use video editing applications. Some are unaware of this excellent video editing app and its features. If you have not heard of this app, there is no need to worry, as the article will cover everything you need to know about the CapCut app and how you can get it for Windows 11 computer.
What is CapCut App?
CapCut is a mobile and desktop video editing app. This app was primarily launched to support the basic editing features of the popular videos sharing app TikTok. This app has features that enable you to edit and modify your videos using filters, stickers, speed changes, background music, and much more. This app is available on both Google Play Store and AppStore. CapCut is an easy-to-use, versatile, and innovative app. Continue reading the below-mentioned features, which explain what is CapCut app for:
- Basic Video Editing Function: The app provides a super easy and clean user interface that lets you use all the available tools. It allows you to combine clips, change video formats, add canvas, speed up or slow down, and reverse the video on the timeline with just a few taps. The latest version of the video also enables you to make smooth transitions using the speed curve tool. It also contains a unique feature called overlaying video, where you can use CapCut green screen and add a background in CapCut.
- Audio Editing: CapCut consists of an audio library with exclusively copyrighted songs. This app also enables you to import songs available on your device. You can perform basic audio editing, overlaying sound, adjusting volume, trimming, and more. It includes a distinct feature called the match-out tool to add beats. It can be done either automatically or manually.
- Special Effects: CapCut contains all the primary special effects you can find in all the video editing apps, like zooming, blurring, etc. Apart from this, the CapCut app consists of two different types of special effects – Video and Body effects. Video effects can be applied to the entire or overlaid video. You can also apply it to both videos as well. On the other hand, body effects are used on the human body or specific parts of the body in the video.
- Text: This app contains preset text templates to avoid the confusion of changing font color, size, and text. You can also use the voice-over and the auto caption tools while entering the text manually. Abusing this feature of the app helps you save time and energy.
- Stickers: The CapCut offers many stickers, from emojis to themed stickers. The app also lets you import JPEG and PNG format images from your device to convert them into stickers.
- Transitions: Like the other apps, CapCut consists of various shifts that enable smooth movement from one clip to another. You can find multiple changes ranging from primary, camera, and MG to effect and mask for smooth transitions.
- Filters: The CapCut app contains readily available filters which can be used according to your color tone references. It also enables you to create a new filter concerning your preferences.
These features must have answered all your queries about the CapCut app. Moving on, you will be reading about is CapCut a free app.
Is CapCut a Free App?
Yes. The CapCut app is accessible on the Google Play Store and AppStore for Android and iOS devices. We can say this as it enables you to access most of its features for free, including removing the watermark, but some features require you to pay. These charges begin from $0.99 to $69. It may vary according to the region you belong to. Further in the article, you will know if the CapCut app is safe.
Is CapCut App Safe?
Yes. Though the CapCut app provides many easy-to-use editing tools, it comes with a significant question mark of whether the app is safe. Since most video editing apps do not require and collect any information about the users, it is a surprise to see the CapCut app collecting a significant amount of user information.
According to the AppStore, The CapCut app contains details about the device and its manufacturer, IP address, and more. If you are comfortable sharing these details while using the app, you can continue using the app.
Though the app is known for its easy-to-use features and convenience, it may work well for beginners, but it is not the same for professionals. Like any other, it has a fair share of pros and cons. Listed below are the pros and cons of the CapCut app.
- It provides users with an impressive and intuitive graphical interface.
- Importing and exporting comes in handy with this app.
- This app consists of readily available templates.
- It contains a music library of exclusively copyrighted songs.
- You can use the latest and most amazing transitions, filters, and special effects.
- This app supports direct file export to the TikTok app.
- The app is available in more than 20 languages.
- It is only good for basic editing and is not suitable for professionals.
- Sometimes you can face glitches and bugs.
- You cannot adjust the FPS to more than 60.
- The app functions only in portrait mode.
- It lacks advanced color-grading tools
This was our CapCut review with the pros and cons of the app. You can further decide if CapCut is the right choice considering the above pros and cons.
Also Read: What is GoDaddy Domain search?
CapCut App Download
As mentioned earlier, the CapCut app can be downloaded From Android and iOS devices from the Google Play Store and the AppStore. The question arises about the CapCut download for PC Windows 10 and CapCut for Windows 11. Let’s look at how you can do that in the following section.
CapCut Download PC Windows 10 Using Emulator
An emulator is an easy way to download the CapCut app on your PC. Follow the below-mentioned steps to the CapCut app download for Windows 10 and 11 without using an emulator.
1. Download and install an Android emulator on your PC.
2. Open the emulator and sign in to the Google Play Store using your Google credentials.
3. Search for the CapCut app and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
Next, we will learn about CapCut for PC download without an emulator.
CapCut For PC Download Without Emulator
Follow the methods below to download and install the CapCut app on Windows 10 and 11.
Method 1: Use Microsoft Store
You can use the Microsoft Store to download the CapCut app without the emulator for your PC. The steps for this are listed down below.
1. Launch the Microsoft store on your desktop.
2. Type CapCut on the search bar at the top of the screen.
3. Now, click the Get button and start with the CapCut app on Windows 10.
Also Read: What is a KVM Switch?
Method 2: Use Official Website
To use this method for CapCut for PC download without an emulator, follow the steps listed below.
1. Visit the official website of the CapCut app.
2. Click on the Download for Windows option.
3. As soon as the download is complete, you can run the file to install the app on your PC.
4. Now, you can log in using Google, TikTok, or Facebook account.
Note: If the official website is not working for you, you can use a VPN to unblock the website to download the app.
You can easily use the abovementioned methods to download CapCut for PC without an emulator.
This article was all about the CapCut app. We hope this guide was helpful and you learned about what is CapCut app. Let us know if you liked the article and which method worked best. If you have any queries or suggestions, please drop them in the comments section below.