CapCut app is versatile, easy to use, and a popular all-in-one video editing app. This app was primarily launched to edit short videos for TikTok. With the growth of users in TikTok, the CapCut app also seems to be growing at a rapid rate. CapCut is not just a mobile app for Android and iOS devices, it also works for Windows and macOS as well. But if you are a beginner, then you might be wondering how to edit in CapCut. But worry no more as this article covers everything about how to use CapCut on PC. Also you will get to know about how to use CapCut Anime filter and TikTok.
Table of Contents
How to Edit in CapCut
Many times you may not be happy with how a TikTok video has turned out. Instead, you want make a few changes, add a bit of colour using filters, or trim to make the final adjustments. This is where CapCut comes to your rescue. Keep on reading to know more about how to edit in CapCut.
What is CapCut?
CapCut is a popular editing app that you can use to make changes in the videos on your mobile device and desktop. This app contains features that enable you to edit your videos using filters, stickers, speed changes, background music, and a lot more. You can download this app from Google Play Store and AppStore for your Android and iOS devices respectively. Windows users can get this app from Microsoft Store. Continue reading the article to find out more about how to use CapCut on Android and much more.
CapCut, which is available for free download on Google Play Store can be used to edit media files with these simple steps:
1. Open the CapCut app and tap on New project.
2. Tap on Allow, and select the required video clip.
3. Make the edits with in-app tools.
Also Read: 20 best photo editing apps for Android
How to Use CapCut on Android
Just like any other app downloading and installing the app on your Android device is a simple task. Once you have installed the app you can follow the below-mentioned steps to get started with the app.
1. Open the CapCut app on your Android device.
2. Tap on New project.
3. Tap on Allow to give the app access to the camera.
4. Select the required video clip from your smartphone gallery.
Note: The upper half of the screen which displays what is being edited is the preview panel. The bottom half contains the timeline of the video where you are supposed to perform all the edits. The toolbar is located at the bottom of the screen where you can find all your basic tools for editing like edit, audio, text, stickers, etc.
Now you are all set to explore the numerous features on CapCut and create fun videos.
Also Read: How to edit videos in Google Photos for Android
How to Use CapCut
Using the CapCut app comes in handy when you are thorough with the basics of editing. If you are a beginner and struggling to start then you have got to hang on and continue reading the article till the end. We have listed down the basic tools and their tools and their functions which will clear all your doubts about how to edit in CapCut.
Trimming means cutting short your video while editing. You can either shorten the beginning or the ending of your video.
Note: Play head is a thick white vertical line which is moves along the video.
To trim the video place the playhead from where you want the video to start and play the video. Pause the video at the timeline as per the video length requirement. Now bring the white thick line from the end to meet the playhead. This is how you use the trim tool on CapCut.
This tool enables you to join two separate video clips while editing. To do so, you are required to tap on the plus button on the right-hand side of the timeline.
The Split tool enables you to split a video into as many parts as required. All you need to do is drag the playhead and tap on the split tool where ever you want one. You can now use the join tool to add any other video in between.
The Speed tool in the CapCut app enables you to change the speed of the video. This feature comes in handy when you are required to make a slow-motion or a time-lapse video. Within the Speed tool, you can find two options there are:
- Normal Speed Edit: This speed option helps you to speed up or slow down the video clip. The speed on the clip ranges from 0.1x to 100x.
- Curve Speed Edit: The curve speed function speeds up the video through different parts of the clip. Either you can use readily available templates on the app or you can create a new one for yourself.
The audio tool just as the name explains enables you to add audio to the video. Capcut consists of four categories in the audio section.
- Effects- Sound effects
- Sounds- Music
- Voiceover- Voice recording
- Extracted- Audio of videos from the camera roll
The Reverse tool allows you to put the video in reverse. For this, you just need to tap on the reverse icon on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
7. Apply Advanced Edits
The advanced editing option in the toolbox consists of:
- Filters: CapCut contains an array of filters that comes into use when you change the appearance of the video. These filters come under multiple categories like Food, Retro, Movie, etc. You can select one of the categories and tap on the desired filter to apply.
- Stickers: The CapCut app consists of a huge variety of stickers that you can place on top of your videos. You can find the Sticker tool on the toolbar itself. Tap on it to see an enormous display of stickers from which you can pick a suitable one. The app enables you to change the size and placement of the sticker. You can also preview the sticker using the preview panel and then apply it to your videos.
- Text: Text is an essential tool of a video editing app. Tapping on the Text icon on the toolbar enables you to type the required text. Apart from just entering the text, you can edit the text by changing the color, size, font, effect, etc.
- Effects: Effects feature on the app consist of two types of effects namely Video Effects and Body Effects. As the name suggests Video effects are the effects that can be overlaid on the full video whereas Body effects are the ones that can be used and applied to bodies detected in your video clip.
Also Read: How to Add Text in Photoshop
How to Use CapCut on PC
Using CapCut on a PC is as easy as using it on your Android device. To begin using CapCut on your PC, you can follow the steps mentioned below mentioned to edit in CapCut on PC.
1. Open the CapCut app on your PC.
2. Click on Start creating.
3. Click on the Import option to import your files.
Note: You can also drag and drop video clips instead of using the Import option.
4. Double-click on the imported files to preview them.
5. Select and drag the files to the timeline below accordingly.
6. Change the desired aspect ratio of the video by clicking on Original under the preview panel.
7. Select the video on the timeline and drag the pointer from the starting point of the video towards the right side to trim the video from the beginning.
Note: Similarly to trim the video backward you can drag the video from the end toward the left side of the timeline.
8. Use the keyboard shortcut A to select and B to use the split tool for splitting the video as per requirement.
9. Remove the unwanted parts of the video by pressing the Delete key.
Note: You can add text, stickers, and effects by clicking on these options on the toolbar in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
10. Once you are done with the editing, click on the Export option in the top right corner of the screen.
11. Finally, choose the file location to save the edited clip and click on Export button.
Now you can add a title, change the destination folder, edit other settings. These were the steps that explained how to use CapCut on PC. Moving on let’s see how to use CapCut TikTok.
Also Read: 5 Best Video Editing Software For Windows 10
How to Use CapCut TikTok
As said earlier, the CapCut app was developed primarily to edit TikTok videos. To learn how to use CapCut TikTok, you can follow the steps listed below:
1. Open the CapCut app on your mobile device.
2. Tap on the Audio tool on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on Sounds.
4. Tap on Sign in with TikTok and sign in to your TikTok account.
5. Select the required audio.
6. Make a selection from the Effects section.
Note: While using TikTok, you can find videos with CapCut Logo. You can tap on the logo to try out the same template.
7. Now tap CapCut- Try this template.
8. Then tap on Use template.
9. Select the required clips for your video and then tap on Preview.
You can also post the edited video immediately to TikTok by tapping on the Quickly post to TikTok.
These were some of the steps that can help you learn how to use CapCut TikTok. Next in the article, you will get to know how to use CapCut anime.
Also Read: How to Change Your TikTok Username?
How to Use CapCut Anime Filter
Another popular feature of the CapCut app is editing your photo into anime. Follow the steps mentioned below to learn how to use CapCut anime filter.
1. Download and install the latest version of the CapCut app on your mobile device.
2. Open the app and tap on New Project.
3. Select the photo that you want to edit into anime.
4. Tap on the Edit option at the bottom of the screen.
5. Tap on the Anime filter.
6. Select and tap on the anime style that you like the most.
7. Once you have edited your photo to anime, you can tap on the full-screen option at the top of the screen.
8. You can export the edited anime as a video. If you want to export the anime as the image you can take a screenshot.
These were the step that explained how to use CapCut anime.
- What are the Default Margins in Google Docs?
- Is Swoop TV Illegal?: An In-Depth Analysis
- How Do I Cancel My Picsart Subscription
- How to Do Velocity Edit on CapCut
This article was all about editing on the CapCut app. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn about how to edit in CapCut app, how to use CapCut TikTok and how to use CapCut Anime filter. Let us know which method worked for you the best and if you liked the article. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.