Photoshop is super versatile, feature-rich, powerful, and quite accessible due to its intuitive interface. There can be quite a steep learning curve when it comes to advanced photo editing. However, there are quite several very useful basic photo editing techniques. Whether you’re a beginner or looking to enhance your design skills, this article will provide step-by-step instructions to add text to your images, graphics, and digital creations. So, keep reading!
How to Add Text in Photoshop
You can easily add text in Photoshop. Also, you can try different fonts, sizes, and styles to achieve the desired typography effect in Photoshop. Let’s see the steps to add text in Adobe PS:
1. Open the Adobe Photoshop application on your PC or laptop.
2. Press the T key on your keyboard to select the Text tool.
3A. Click on the image or canvas for a single line of text.
3B. Or drag a rectangle onto the canvas for a paragraph of text.
4. Select the desired font and font color from the Character tab.
5. Type the desired text in the text box.
Note: You can view the text layer in Expert mode by pressing the F11 key.
6. Press the Esc key or click on the Commit (✓) option to save the changes to the text layer.
Note: You can also use the Enter key on the number keypad, select a different editing tool or click outside the textbox onto the image.
Also Read: Which to Use Adobe Photoshop vs Illustrator?
How to Edit Existing Text in Photoshop
After finding out how to add text in Photoshop, it is also important to know different skills including editing existing text. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can do this:
1. Press the T key to select the Text tool and type in the desired text.
2. Click on the text and press Ctrl + A keys to highlight the text.
Note: macOS users can use the shortcut keys Command + A.
3. Go to the top settings bar to get different edit options for changes.
Note: You can change the font, color, size, and alignment of the text.
4. Finally, press the Esc key to save the changes.
How to Change the Text in Photoshop
Read and follow the steps mentioned above to change the text in Adobe PS.
What are the Types of Text Editing in Photoshop?
There are different text editing that you can do in Photoshop.
- Change Type of Text
- Change Text Color
- Adjust Font Size
- Change Text Alignment
- Underline Text
How to Select Text in Photoshop
Follow the below steps to select the desired text in Photoshop:
1. Select the Type Tool (T) and select the text layer in the Layers tab.
2. Select a word by double-clicking it.
Note: You can Triple-click to select the entire line, Quadruple-click to select a paragraph, and click five times to select all text.
3. Alternatively, select the Move tool in the toolbar.
4. Double-click the text to select.
How Do I Resize Font in Photoshop?
After finding out how to select text in Adobe PS, it can be also helpful to know how to resize a font. You can resize your font by following the steps below:
1. Select the Move tool (V).
2. Go to the options bar and mark the Auto-Select checkbox.
3. Set the Auto-Select field to Layer and mark the Show Transform Controls checkbox.
4. Select the text layer in the Layers tab.
5. Click and drag the anchor points inward or outward to resize.
Note: Use the Shift key to lock the aspect ratio. Also, use the Alt key on Windows and Option on Mac to stretch text.
Also Read: How to Add Text to Instagram Reels
How to Find And Replace Text in Photoshop
After adding text in Photoshop and learning how to change text in photoshop, you may want to replace it. In this case, knowing how to find and replace a text is important. You can learn the step-by-step process below.
1. Select the desired text layer from the Layer tab in the right pane.
2. Go to Edit > Find And Replace Text.
3. Type or paste the text to find and replace in the box.
4. Click Find Next to begin the search.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it possible to add text in Photoshop?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to add text in Adobe PS.
Q2. Is it possible to edit existing text in Photoshop?
Ans. Yes, you can make edits to existing text in Photoshop.
Q3. Can you resize text in Photoshop?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to resize text in Adobe PS.
Q4. Can you change the font in Photoshop?
Ans. Yes, you can change the font type in Photoshop.
- Hinge Vs. Tinder: Which Dating App is Better?
- How to Curve Text in Photoshop
- How to Add Someone into a Picture without Photoshop
- How to Photoshop Convert to RGB
We hope that you learned about how to add text in Photoshop and resize font. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.