For years, Facebook gift cards provided a convenient way for users to express their appreciation towards others through virtual gifting. But you might have noticed a shift in their availability or functionality, leading you to seek answers. Through this article, you will find out exactly what happened to Facebook digital gift cards and learn if you can still buy them on Facebook.
Table of Contents
What Happened to Facebook Gift Cards?
Let’s see what happened to Facebook gift cards in recent times:
- Facebook gift cards’ availability and use have significantly declined.
- Only a few vendors on Facebook still sell these digital gift cards.
- Purchasing Facebook gift cards is now possible only through PayPal.
- The use of these gift cards has been officially discontinued in most countries, except in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Do Facebook Gift Cards Expire?
No, Facebook gift cards do not expire; they retain their value indefinitely. You can use the balance on the card or easily top it up when needed. New gift cards are added directly to your Facebook account and can be used for purchases on Facebook or external sources.
Also Read: Do Amazon Gift Cards Expire?
Can You Still Buy a Gift Card on Facebook?
Yes, you can still buy digital gift cards on Facebook. You can purchase them for use on Facebook and for other external sources like food, travel, shopping, etc. You get a wide variety of gift cards to choose from various popular brands. Also, the use of these digital gift cards has declined, and not many vendors sell them. The only way to buy them is by visiting the Facebook page of the business selling them.
How to Buy a Digital Gift Card on Facebook?
To purchase a digital gift card on Facebook, you need to make a payment using your debit or credit card linked to your PayPal account. These gift cards are available on PayPal’s Facebook page. To buy one, follow the steps below:
Note: You can only purchase a single gift card of a category.
1. Open the browser on your PC and visit the PayPal Facebook US Page.
2. Click on the Shop option from the left pane.
3. Select the desired gift card and amount.
4. Then, click on the Checkout option.
5. Enter your full name, email address, and payment details,
6. Then, click Place Order to purchase a digital gift card on Facebook.
If you can’t purchase your gift cards and constantly facing a transaction error, you can resolve this issue by referring to our guide on How to Fix View PayPal Transactions Error.
Also Read: How to Redeem Facebook Game Card
We hope you have learned exactly what happened to Facebook gift cards and whether they are still available or not. Now, you can also guide others using this FB gift card information. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this article, drop them in the comment section below.