Twitter is a worldwide known social media site with the sole purpose to connect people all over the globe. It is a social networking platform where people tend to share their thoughts in the form of short messages, also known as tweets. Owned by an American company, since being founded in 2016, Twitter has grown to be people’s favorite site to share and receive influential messages as well as news. Almost everyone has got a Twitter account, just like any other famous websites like Facebook and Instagram. Also, to find Twitter username by phone number has what made this platform so easy to use for layman. If you are someone trying to search for Twitter account by phone number then you have landed on a perfect page. In today’s guide, we will acquaint you with ways in which you can find a Twitter user merely with the help of their phone number. So, let us get going with knowing about these useful ways and a lot more about phone number feature including search Twitter account by phone number and Twitter account finder with phone number.
Easy Ways to Search for Twitter Account by Phone Number
If you are trying to find someone on Twitter with the help of a phone number there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. The following steps will let you know about the requirements for doing the same:
- On creating a Twitter account, make sure to add your email address and phone number which is required for verification as well.
- Adding an email address and phone number also secures your account, if it is lost.
- On adding a phone number and email, you can easily sync your contacts, thereby helping you with the phone number search.
- Syncing them helps on Twitter by suggesting to you the contacts that are linked with your email address and contacts.
Can You Search Twitter Account by Phone Number?
Yes, finding someone on Twitter using their phone number is an easy process. Regardless of the device you are using for finding someone known or a stranger, if you have their phone number there are a few ways that can help you out.
- You can easily sync your contacts, by entering information like email addresses and phone numbers in your Twitter account.
- This helps Twitter suggest you with accounts that are synced as contacts.
- Account search by phone number on Twitter can be adjusted in the privacy settings of your Twitter account to make it discoverable.
- Also, via privacy settings, you can make your account publicly and easily accessible for your contacts to find you which helps to find Twitter username by phone number.
Method 1: Perform Google Search
Google search is a simple and convenient method that you can initially opt for to find Twitter username by phone number. Google is always a helping hand in cases where you have limited information on the person you are trying to find on a specific social site. But, to have their contact number is an advantage in case of a Google search. If you are in luck, using a phone number will help you find the Twitter user directly.
Note: This method only works if the Twitter user has made their profile publicly accessible.
1. Open the browser on your device.
2. Enter the phone number in the Google search bar.
3. You can look for the Twitter account in the search results.
Also Read: How to Use Bookmarks on Twitter
Method 2: Use Lookup Tools
Using a person lookup tool to find someone on a social site is a very common way. In case you want to search for Twitter account by phone number, using a lookup tool is the best idea as they usually contain all the information about the social presence of a person. These tools require you to enter your email, phone number, or name to find all the details of the person. Our guide on Top 10 Best People Search Websites can help you immensely with some great lookup tools on the internet. So, go through it and get started with the Twitter account search.
Also Read: 9 Best Free Reverse Email Lookup
Method 3: Tweak Twitter Discoverability Privacy Settings
Apart from using other methods to search Twitter account by phone number, you can also change discoverability privacy settings in your Twitter account. Twitter enables its users to search for an account using a phone number but to do so, the user is required to enable connections via phone number. In such a case, you must save the phone number to your contacts and then upload it to Twitter. This will help you to find all the Twitter accounts that are related to the saved number.
The following steps will help you to know about this process in detail:
Note 1: The steps performed below are the same for all mobile devices.
Note 2: This method only works for users who have enabled find us using our mobile number option on Twitter. If not enabled, you won’t be able to locate that user.
1. Launch the Twitter app on your phone.
2. Log in to your Twitter account in it.
3. Tap on the Profile icon on the homepage.
4. Next, from the menu on the left panel, open Settings and privacy.
5. After that, tap on Privacy and safety.
6. Now, open the Discoverability and contacts option in it.
7. Then, toggle on the option for Sync address book contacts.
8. When prompted, tap on Allow to give permission to Sync contacts.
Once done, you will be able to see the list of contacts on your phone that have Twitter registrations.
Also Read: How to Save GIF from Twitter on Android
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. Why does Twitter need my phone number?
Ans. Using a phone number in Twitter account registration helps you in accessing the benefits that come with it. These benefits include access to security features like verification on login which is important in keeping your Twitter account safe. Also, it helps in connecting you to your contacts who already have an account on the platform.
Q2. Can I use the same phone number to make a second Twitter account?
Ans. Yes, you can make a second Twitter account using the same phone number that you used for your first account only if you are deleting your first account. But, to do so, you have to delete your contact number from the settings of your first Twitter account before deactivating it, or else you will not be able to use the same number on another account for about 30 days.
Q3. Can I use multiple phone numbers with my Twitter account?
Ans. No, you cannot attach multiple phone numbers to your Twitter account.
Q4. Can I remove my phone number from my Twitter account?
Ans. Yes, you can delete your phone number from your Twitter account in the Account option.
Q5. Can I verify my Twitter account without a phone number?
Ans. Yes, if you don’t have a phone number you can still verify your Twitter account by adding your email address for the verification process instead.
- How to Watch TNT Without Cable
- How to Find Out If Someone Has a Tinder Profile
- FastPeopleSearch Opt Out and Removal Guide
- How to Turn Off Sensitive Content on Twitter
We hope that our doc helped guide you well about everything you must know to search for Twitter account by phone number. If yes, then please let us know how we could help you out with your doubts on the topic. For more queries or suggestions, please leave your valuable comments below.