An average Android user has multiple social media apps installed on his smartphone; each one has a different username and password. Apart from that, several online websites and platforms require you to create an account, adding to the list of usernames and passwords. In these circumstances, it is quite common to forget the password for one or multiple social media apps, and if you’re someone who has forgotten your Snapchat password, here’s how to reset your Snapchat password without phone number.
Thankfully, all of these apps allow you to reset the password in case you forget it. There are multiple methods to do so, like using email, phone number, etc. In this article, we will discuss the detailed password recovery process for one such popular social media app, Snapchat.
Although Snapchat does not require you to sign-in every time and has an auto-login feature, there are times when we do need to type in our username and password manually. It could be while logging in on a new device or if we accidentally get logged out of our own device. However, you won’t be able to do so if you have forgotten your password. The only alternative is to reset your Snapchat password. So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
- How to Reset Snapchat Password without Phone Number
- 1. How to Reset your Snapchat Password via Email
- 2. How to Reset Snapchat Password from the website
- 3. How to Reset Snapchat password via your Phone
- 4. Recover your Password using Google Password Manager
- 5. Try to Figure out which Email id you had used to create the Snapchat account
- Bonus: Reset your Password when you are signed in to the app
How to Reset Snapchat Password without Phone Number
1. How to Reset your Snapchat Password via Email
If you have forgotten your Snapchat password, then there are multiple ways to reset it. The simplest and easiest way is by using your email. While creating your Snapchat account, you must have registered via a working email address. You can use this email again to change the password. Given below is a step-wise guide for the same.
1. The first thing that you need to do is open is the Snapchat app and from the login page click on the Forgot your Password option.
2. Now on the next page, select the “via Email” option.
3. After that, enter the email address associated with your Snapchat account and tap on the Submit button.
4. Now open your email app (e.g. Gmail or Outlook), and you go to Inbox.
5. Here, you will find an email from Snapchat that contains a link to reset your password.
6. Click on it and will take you to a page where you can create a new password.
7. After, come back to the Snapchat app and log in with your new password.
8. That’s it; you are all set. If you want, you can note it down someplace in case you forget it again.
Also Read: How To Disable Snapchat Account Temporarily
2. How to Reset Snapchat Password from the website
The previous method that we discussed relies on using the Snapchat app to reset your password. However, if you do not have your phone nearby, then you can also reset your password from the official website of Snapchat. Follow the steps given below to see how.
1. Firstly click here to go to the official website of Snapchat.
2. Now click on the “Forget Password” option.
3. Snapchat will now ask you to submit the email address that is associated with your Snapchat account.
4. Enter that and tap on the Submit button.
5. In the next step, you might have to take the “I am not a Robot” test.
6. Once you complete that, Snapchat will send a password recovery email similar to the previous case.
7. Go to the email inbox, open this email, and click on the Reset password link.
8. Now you can create a new password, and you are all set. You can use this password to log in to the future.
3. How to Reset Snapchat password via your Phone
Snapchat also allows you to use your phone to reset your password. If you have linked your phone number to your Snapchat account, then you can use it to reset your password. Snapchat will send you an OTP on the registered mobile number, and you can use this to reset your password. This method only works if you have linked a phone number to your Snapchat account and you have that phone on your person. If these conditions are true, then follow the steps given below to reset your password.
1. Open your Snapchat app and from the login page tap on the “Forgot your password?” option.
2. On the next screen, select the “Via Phone” option.
3. After that, enter the registered phone number and tap on the Continue option.
4. Now you can either receive the verification code “via Text” or “phone call”. Select whichever method is more convenient for you.
5. Once you receive the verification code (via text or call) enter it in the designated space.
6. Now you will be taken to the “Set a password” page.
7. Here, go ahead and create a new password for your Snapchat account.
8. You can now use this new password to sign in to your account.
4. Recover your Password using Google Password Manager
You might have noticed that Google prompts you to save your username and password when you sign up or log in to a new website or app. The main purpose behind this is to save time as you would no longer need to type in the username and password the next time; Google will automatically do it for you.
Now, there is a good chance that you might have saved the password for Snapchat as well when you first created the account. All these saved passwords are stored in Google Password Manager. Follow the steps given below to recover your password using Google Password Manager.
1. Firstly, open Settings on your device and tap on the Google option.
2. Now click on the “Manage your Google Account” option.
3. After that, go to the Security tab, and here you will find the Password manager once you scroll down to the bottom. Tap on it.
4. Now look for Snapchat in the list and tap on it.
5. You can reveal the password by tapping on the ‘View’ button.
6. With this information, you will be able to log in to your Snapchat app.
5. Try to Figure out which Email id you had used to create the Snapchat account
If none of the above methods works, then it is going to be a little difficult to regain access to your Snapchat account. Snapchat primarily requires either the email id or the registered phone number to reset your password. Therefore, you need to figure out which email id you had originally used.
To do so, you need to look for the Welcome email that Snapchat must have sent you when you first created the account. If you find this email in your inbox, it will be confirmed that this is the email associated with your Gmail account.
In case you have multiple email accounts, you need to check the inbox for each of them and search for the Welcome email from Snapchat. Use keywords like “Welcome to Snapchat”, “Team Snapchat”, “Confirm email”, etc. Snapchat usually sends the welcome email from the email address “[email protected]”. Try searching for this id and see if you have received an email or not. If you find it, then you can use this email id to reset your password.
Bonus: Reset your Password when you are signed in to the app
You should know how to reset your password even when you are signed in to Snapchat. Changing your password once in a while is a good practice as it not only helps you remember it and makes your account more secure. It reduces the chances of your account getting hacked. When you use the same password for years and at multiple places, hackers can easily crack them and access your account. Therefore, you should try to reset your password frequently, at least once in six months. Follow the steps given below to see how.
1. The first thing that you need to do is open the Snapchat app.
2. Now tap on the Settings option.
3. Here, select the Password option under My Account.
4. Now tap on the Forgot password option and select how you would like to receive the verification code.
5. Use it to go to the next page where you can set up a new password.
6. To make sure that the changes have been applied, log out of the app and then log in again using the new password.
- How To Tell If Someone Viewed Your Snapchat Story More Than Once?
- How To Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps?
- Fix Your Android Phone That Won’t Turn ON
With that, we come to the end of this article. We hope that you find this information useful and you were able to reset your Snapchat password without phone number. It is frustrating not to be able to sign in to your own Snapchat account. You might also be a little scared of losing your data forever. However, there are multiple ways to recover and reset your password, as discussed in this article.
We would advise you to try these and not to panic unnecessarily. At the end of the day, if nothing else works, you can always contact Snapchat support and hope that they help you recover your account. Tap on the Help option at the bottom of the login page, and here you will find the option to contact support.