Looking to reset your TikTok password but don’t have access to your phone number? Don’t worry! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process to change your TikTok password without a phone number.
How to Change TikTok Password without Phone Number
Many times, we forget the username or password associated with a social media account. It is quite common as we have so much to remember like scheduled meetings, deadlines, and whatnot. This article will help you with how to change your TikTok password without phone number change password easily.
To update your TikTok password without phone number, follow teh below steps:
1. Go to your profile page on the TikTok app.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon.
3. Choose Settings and privacy > Report a problem.
4. Type Forgot password in the search bar and tap on the result.
5. Then, tap on No under Is your problem resolved.
6. Tap on Need more help?
7. Enter the necessary details in the respective fields and tap on Submit.
Is It Possible to Recover TikTok Password without Email/Phone Number?
Yes. You can recover your password by using your email or phone number. In other words. you at least need one of both if you want to recover it from the app settings or forget password option. However, it is possible to recover the password without any of them, and we will also talk about it in the next section. So read ahead to find out more.
How to Reset TikTok Password without Phone Number or Email
As we said earlier, it is possible to reset your TikTok password even if you don’t have the email or password.
Method 1: Contact TikTok Help Centre
The process is actually quite simple, you need to contact TikTok support and they will help you out. There are two options to contact support:
- The first one is to tag them on Twitter and explain your issue.
- You can also get in touch with the help center in these simple steps:
1. Open the TikTok app and tap on the Profile tab from the bottom right corner.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
3. Then, tap on Settings and privacy.
4. Swipe down and tap on Report a problem.
5. Tap on the search bar.
6. Type and tap on the result for Forgot password.
7. Then, tap on No from the Is your problem resolved? section.
8. Tap on Need more help?
9. Enter the following details in the respective fields.
- Phone number or email
- Location, Phone Model, Account Creation Date
10. Lastly, tap on Submit to hand in the report.
Also Read: How Many TikTok Accounts Can You Have?
Method 2: Create New Account
If the problem still persists, you have no option other than to create a new account. However, we will recommend you follow all the solutions mentioned and then only create a new account. As it is not a time-consuming process, you will also lose the data from the previous account. So, it is always best to try everything you can before going for something extreme like this one.
1. Launch the TikTok app and tap on the Profile tab.
2. Tap on the Sign up option.
3. Tap on Use phone or email.
Note: You can also select any one of the methods for sign-up, like through Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.
4. Enter your birthdate.
5A. Enter your Phone Number in the given field from the Phone tab and tap on Send code.
5B. Switch to the Email tab and enter the Email address and tap on Next.
6. You’ll be sent a verification code to verify your email or phone. Enter the code in the given field and tap Next.
7. Once you’ve verified, Create password and tap on Next.
8. Then, Create username and tap on Sign up. Your Tiktok account will be successfully set up.
How to Recover TikTok Account without Phone Number
If you have your email address, it is possible to recover password easily. Here is how to recover TikTok account without phone number.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom bar.
3. Tap on Sign up.
4. Tap on the Log in link from the bottom of the screen.
5. Then, tap on Use phone / email / username.
6. Switch to the Email / Username tab.
7. Next, tap on the Forgot password? option.
8. Tap on Email.
9. Enter your email address and tap on Send code.
10. Now, enter the received code to your registered phone number.
11. Set the new password to reset the previous password successfully.
Also Read: How to Change Age on TikTok
How to Reset TikTok Password without Email
If you do not have access to your registered email address, worry not as you can still learn how to reset TikTok password without email. For this, what you need to do is:
1. Follow Steps 1-7 from the previous section.
2. Tap on Phone number.
3. Enter your phone number in the given field and tap on Send code.
4. On the next screen, enter the received code to your registered phone number.
5. Set the new password on the following screen to reset the previous password successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How to recover TikTok password with only username?
Ans. It is possible to recover TikTok password with only username. You can do it from the TiktTok log in page.
Q2. Can you access your TikTok account without logging in?
Ans. No. It is not possible to access your TikTok account without logging in.
Q3. How do I log into TikTok with just username and without password?
Ans. It is not possible to log in without a password and just a username. So, you need a password to log in. But if you cannot remember your password, you can always reset it.
- How to Check Apple AirPods Original with Serial Number
- What Does Telegram Last Seen a Long Time Ago Mean?
- How to Change Location on TikTok
- How to Make Another Account on TikTok
We hope that you learned how to change your TikTok password without phone number. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.