Kanopy is a great way of entertainment, but is it possible to watch it on a Roku device? Since Roku works on a channel model, it might sometimes be hard for users to navigate through the channels they want. So, how to add and watch Kanopy on a Roku device? This is what we’re going to learn precisely through the article. Also, stay tuned to know if it is possible to watch the channel for free.
How to Watch Kanopy on Roku
Roku is a popular platform that lets users browse and add a variety of channels across genres. Adding and watching channels like Kanopy on a Roku streaming stick or TV is simple, and requires just a little action from a user. We will go through the process in a while.
Add Kanopy to your Roku TV by the following steps:
1. On the Roku Home page, select Store from the menu followed by Channels.
2. Search for Kanopy in the Roku Channel store and select it.
3. Finally, select Add channel.
Can you Get Kanopy on Roku?
Fortunately, Kanopy has a channel that Roku users can add to their devices. This way, they can access thought-provoking entertainment on a large TV screen. With Kanopy, there’s immense scope to explore content that can be beneficial and unique.
Method 1: Add Directly Via Device
When you think of Roku, you think either about the streaming stick or the TV. Here are the steps to add the channel from your Roku device.
1. Turn on the Roku device and press Home on your Roku remote.
2. Select Store from the menu, followed by Channels.
3. Open Roku Channel Store and search for Kanopy in the search bar.
4. Scroll to the official channel of Kanopy and press OK on your remote.
5. Scroll to Add channel and press OK again.
If this is your first time operating a Roku device, do keep in mind that new channels show up on the home screen once they’re added, so you can easily open channels from there.
Also Read: How to Install Funimation on Roku TV
Method 2: Add Via Mobile App
Another way to add channels on Roku is through its mobile app. You first need to install the Roku app first, then add Kanopy to your Roku account. After installing:
1. Open The Roku App and tap on the profile icon at the top right.
2. Tap on Sign in.
3. Enter your account credentials and tap on Sign in again.
4. Go back to the main page and tap on the search bar.
5. Type Kanopy and tap on the channel result.
6. Tap on Add.
Also Read: How to Install Tennis TV on Roku
Method 3: Add Via Website
The final medium to add the channel to Roku is through the Roku Channel Store website. Get these steps done, and start enjoying Kanopy across different Roku platforms.
1. Visit the Roku Channel Store website.
2. Click on the three lines at the top right.
3. Click on Sign in and enter the email and password for your Roku account.
4. Check the CAPTCHA and Submit.
5. Search for Kanopy in the search bar and press Enter.
6. Click on Kanopy from the results and click on Add channel.
Also Read: How to Watch Local Channels on Roku
Can I Watch Kanopy on WiFi?
Yes, you need an active internet connection to access Kanopy and its content. That said, do remember that Kanopy doesn’t allow downloading on devices, hence you can only stream through the app or channel.
How Much is Kanopy on Roku
Kanopy is a service that requires a library card to watch thoughtful entertainment. It partners with public libraries that help viewers consume content without subscriptions or commercials. Hence, Kanopy is free, but only for those who own the card.
Recommended: 10 Best Screen Mirroring Apps for Android to Roku
We hope you learned how to watch Kanopy on Roku devices plus the requisite steps to add the same to your Roku account. That said, we believe you got your answers to other queries too. Still, got any questions? Drop them down in the comment section.