As your fellow anime enthusiast, we believe that you’ve probably watched popular shows like Tokyo Ghoul, Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Attack on Titan on Funimation. However, if you’ve recently bought a Roku TV and want to catch up on your favorite anime, our guide will show you how to download and install Funimation on it.
How to Install Funimation on Roku TV
Funimation merged with Crunchyroll to extend its library with over 1,600 hours of new anime content. Additionally, it offers the flexibility to stream from a multitude of devices and streaming platforms. Essentially, there are three ways to add the channel to your Roku device – via the device itself, from the Roku mobile app, and via the Roku Channel Store website.
To add Funimation on the Roku device:
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote and select Store.
2. Select Channels and open the Roku channel store.
3. Search and select Funimation.
4. Press OK and select the Add channel option.
Can I download Funimation on a Roku TV?
Yes, and the good part is that Funimation is officially available as a channel on the streaming platform Roku. You just need to add the channel to your Roku device to start watching amazing anime content.
Where Can I Watch Funimation?
Besides Roku, you can watch Funimation on a wide variety of devices and streaming platforms, including:
- Mobile devices (Android and iOS)
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon Kindle
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
- Google Chromecast
- Samsung Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
Method 1: Via Roku Device
Roku comes with its own channel marketplace named the Roku Channel Store. This is where you can find many of your favorite channels, including Funimation. Here are the steps to add Funimation to your Roku account directly through your Roku device.
1. Turn on your Roku device and press Home on your Roku remote.
Note: Make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection for your Roku device.
2. Select Store from the menu.
3. Select Channels and open Roku Channel Store.
4. Type Funimation in the search bar.
5. Scroll to the official channel of Funimation and press OK on your remote.
6. Scroll and select Add channel.
Method 2: Via Roku Mobile App
After installing The Roku App on your smartphone, it’s just a matter of time to add Funimation to your Roku device. Follow the below instructions to install the app:
1. Install The Roku app from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Tap on the profile picture and follow the on-screen instructions to sign in.
3. Search Funimation using the search bar on the home page.
4. Tap on Funimation and Add it.
Method 3: Via Roku Website
The Roku Channel Store has a website with the advantage of adding channels via your browser. Also, you can find different channel categories to help you pick channels accordingly. Follow the instructions to add Funimation to your Roku through the Channel Store website.
1. Visit the Roku Channel Store website.
2. Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right.
3. Click on Sign in.
4. Enter the email and password for your Roku account.
5. Click on the box I’m not a robot to verify CAPTCHA.
6. Click on Submit.
7. Type Funimation in the search bar and click on the search result.
8. Click on Add channel to add Funimation to Roku.
Is Funimation Free?
With Funimation, you can avail of a free plan, but you’ll get limited content with it. In addition, there will be advertisements as you consume content. To enjoy the full library of shows and videos, you will have to subscribe to Funimation.
How Much Does Funimation Cost?
The Premium Plus subscription to Funimation costs $9.99 a month and features more than 10,000 anime episodes and movies. On top of that, there’s an extensive catalog of big hits, fan favorites, and all-time classics coupled with the latest Japanese shows.
In Which Country Can I Stream Funimation?
Currently, Funimation serves the following regions:
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
Purchasing a paid subscription gives you the advantage of being able to watch ad-free content and an extensive library of anime shows in the regions mentioned above.
Now that you will be able to install Funimation on Roku TV we hope you are no more upset about not being able to watch shows. Let us know about your favorite anime content in the comments box below. Also, feel free to drop your suggestions.