Discord is an amazing platform for people from around the world to connect and make new friends. Especially, if you are a particular game enthusiast; you can join multiple Discord servers to be updated about everything going on in the gaming world. However, some people can really annoy you to the point where you would be left thinking about how to unfriend someone on Discord on iPhone or iPad. To help you out with the same, we have put together today’s guide that will help you get rid of all the annoying people on the platform once and for all.
How to Unfriend Someone on Discord on iPhone
Discord users who are into tech and gaming are part of specific Discord servers. These servers not only keep them updated about everything going about games but also gives them a chance to interact with users of similar interests. Unfortunately, there are some Discord users that might get on your nerves as they keep sending you unwanted messages or interrupt others while being on Discord chat. If your server has a similar member, we will let you know how to unfriend someone on Discord on iPad in three different ways:
You can unfriend someone on Discord on iPhone or iPad by the following simple steps:
1. Open the Discord app and log in to your account.
2. Go to your Friends list by tapping the Friends icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Find the friend you want to unfriend and tap on their name.
4. Tap the three dots icon and select Remove Friend option.
5. Again, tap on Remove Friend option to confirm.
Method 1: From Homepage
The first and easiest way to unfriend a fellow Discord user from iPhone is from the homepage of the platform itself. You can get into details by following the steps given below:
1. Open the Discord application on your iPhone.
2. Next, tap on the waving person icon present at the bottom.
3. On doing so, your Friend list will appear.
4. Now, search and locate the username of the person you want to unfriend.
5. Next, tap on the person’s username.
6. After that, tap on the three dots present at the top right corner of the screen.
7. Then, tap on Remove Friend.
Once done, the Discord user will be removed as your friend from the platform.
Also Read: How to Change Age on Discord
Method 2: From Message Page
Another way that can help you know how to unfriend someone on Discord on iPhone involves unfriending the person from the message page of Discord.
1. First, start the Discord app on your iPhone.
2. Now, tap on the message bubble present at the top left corner.
3. Then, select the person’s username you want to unfriend on the Friend list.
4. In the chat room, tap on the name of the person.
5. Now, tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
6. Finally, tap on Remove Friend from the drop-down menu.
Also Read: How to Remove Someone from Discord Group
Method 3: From Server
You can also pick a server section of Discord to unfriend someone. To know more about how to unfriend someone on Discord on iPad or iPhone:
1. First, tap on the Discord app on your iOS device.
2. Now, open the server section of Discord.
3. Once you have opened a server of your choice, tap on the person’s icon present at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Next, tap on the user you would like to unfriend.
5. After that, tap on the three dots at the right.
6. Finally, tap on Remove Friend.
Why Do People Unfriend Someone on Discord?
Discord is a platform where you can connect to people with similar likings to yours. You can also discuss games and other things with your teammates or friends on the server. You can easily unfriend someone on the platform due to different reasons:
- You do not want to be friends with them any long on Discord.
- Due to differences in opinion.
- The person might be annoying.
- The person might be contacting you even after you have asked them not to.
- Interference in the voice chat by the person.
- Unfriendly behavior of the person.
What Happens When You Unfriend Someone on Discord?
Now that you are aware of how to unfriend someone on Discord on iPhone, it is time to know what exactly happens when you unfriend them. So, once you have removed a person from your friend list, there are a few things that would happen:
- Discord will remove the unfriended person from the friend list.
- The unfriended person will not get any notification.
- They will not be able to send your Direct Messages.
- They will not be able to add you back if you have disabled the friend request option for them.
- They can only send you a Direct Message if you both share a mutual server.
How to Ignore a Person on Discord Without Unfriending
Even though ignoring a person sounds rude, it might become necessary if it becomes more of a nuisance. The same goes with Discord where it becomes inevitable to ignore a person. Hence, if you don’t want to unfriend someone from your friends list on Discord, you can certainly mute them to get rid of their persistent texts and replies.
How to Mute someone on Discord iPhone
Even though you know how to unfriend someone on Discord on iPad, it is also important to be familiar with some other ways to keep irritating users on the bay. Instead of removing someone from the friends list on Discord, you can choose a less violent way and that is to mute them if they keep on ignoring your subtle warnings of not disturbing you. It is easy to use the high-level mute functionality in Discord. Using this will help you to silence an entire server or even specific rooms. Know more about how to mute someone on Discord below:
1. Open the Discord app and wait for it to load first.
2. Next, tap on the Discord server from the left pane that you want to mute.
4. Then, tap on the three dots at the top.
5. Finally, scroll down and tap on Mute Server.
6. Then, select the time interval for which you want to mute the server.
Apart from muting a server, you can also mute individuals from channels within different servers. Follow the steps below to mute an individual on Discord:
1. Open the Discord app and wait for it to load.
2. Now, tap on the blue message icon at the top left corner of the homepage.
3. You will now open the Direct Messages list.
4. Now, tap on the username of the person you want to mute.
5. Next, tap on the username at the top.
6. Then, tap on the three dots present at the top.
7. Finally, select Mute@PersonName.
8. Select the time interval for which you want to mute the person.
Also Read: Does Discord Notify When You Leave a Server?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I search for a person once I have unfriended them on Discord?
Ans. If you have unfriended someone on Discord, it will become difficult to search for them on the platform.
Q2. Can I block someone on Discord?
Ans. Yes, you can block people on Discord.
Q3. How can I block someone on Discord without adding them?
Ans. You can block a person on Discord even if you have not added them. You can do so by right-clicking on their name on the server chat box and then selecting the Block option.
Q4. Can someone know if I unfriend them on Discord?
Ans. If you have unfriended someone on Discord, they will not be able to see your profile name in their friend list.
Q5. Can I remove someone on Discord chat?
Ans. Yes, you can remove users from Discord chat.
- How to Delete Telegram Group Without Admin
- Fix PUBG Crashing on Launch
- How to Send Pictures on Discord Server
- Are Discord Polls Anonymous?
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to unfriend someone on Discord on iPhone. We hope that our guide answered all your queries and most importantly, unfriending users on Discord iPhone. Do let us know about your other queries in the comments section below.