One of the most popular video games of recent years is the battle royale title PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Many gamers, especially young people, have been interested in it. The overall play experience is improved by Pubg’s high-quality graphics. The game’s gorgeous visuals and immersive setting captivate gamers. On the other hand, players have been concerned about Pubg crashing on launch and finding the root of the problem and offering you solutions are our jobs. Continue reading as we discuss why Pubg keeps crashing on startup and also examine its potential remedies.
How to Fix PUBG Crashing on Launch
Here, you will get to know about how to fix PUBG PC keeps crashing on startup in detail.
Effective ways to fix PUBG PC crashing on launch problem is by verifying game files and updating the game and drivers. You can also lower the graphics settings to reduce the load on your system.
What is PUBG?
The battle royale game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) was created by Tencent Games’ LightSpeed & Quantum Studio. Players can compete against gamers from all over the world in the multiplayer game Pubg. Players never know who they will face off against or how they will fare in each game, which ups the excitement and difficulty factor.
Pubg is accessible on a variety of devices, including PCs, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and smartphones. This enables gamers to interact with a bigger player base while playing the game on their preferred device. As more and more people are drawn to the intense and exhilarating battle royale experience offered by Pubg, it has become a worldwide phenomenon and is just continuing to gain popularity.
Why does PUBG Keep Crashing on Launch?
There are several possible reasons why does Pubg keep crashing on launch:
- Unstable internet connection: Pubg may crash during launch due to an unstable internet connection. The game might crash if it can’t create a strong connection to the server. A connection that is being throttled by your ISP or one that is unreliable or weak can both contribute to this.
- Corrupted Game Files: Pubg may crash when it first launches due to corrupted game files. As a result of the game being unable to load and recognize the corrupted file, corrupted game files might cause unexpected behavior, such as the game crashing or freezing. Viruses, faulty hardware, bad installation, and other problems might all be to blame for this.
- Overclocked system: Overclocked systems can experience instability and crashes because the processor and graphics card operate at higher speeds than they were intended to. The burden of operating a game like Pubg may be too much for overclocked hardware, which might cause freezing or crashes on launch.
- Outdated game: Older game files may not work with the most recent version of the game, which could cause unexpected behavior like crashing or freezing.
- High graphics settings on lower-end hardware: The game may be unable to function correctly and may crash or freeze if the system’s hardware is not capable of handling the selected visual settings. When the game’s graphics settings are set to Ultra or High and the system’s hardware is not capable of handling those settings, this can occur.
Also Read: Fix PUBG Not Working on Windows 10
Now that you are aware of the majority of the causes of Pubg keeps crashing on startup. Let’s go right on to the fixes.
Method 1: Restart Game
This is a straightforward change that might just be effective in resolving the problem of PUBG crashing on launch. Simply quit the game when PUBG keeps crashing on startup issue appears, give it some time, and then start it again. Restarting the game can assist to decrease the amount of RAM being utilized, improving performance, and lowering the likelihood of crashing.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Pubg pc crashing on launch issues might be resolved by fixing the internet connection. Check that your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection is functioning properly and that you have a reliable internet connection. Try moving closer to your router or utilizing Ethernet if you’re using Wi-Fi to see if that helps your connection. You may check our guide to learn, How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on windows 10.
Method 3: Wait for Server Uptime
When playing Pubg, server uptime checks can be a good cure for crashes. You can stay updated with the server status by visiting their Twitter handle, as they keep posting about any issues which are going on currently or you may even check the status on Downdetector. It is crucial in these situations to examine the server logs to determine if there are any problems or warnings that might be the root of PUBG PC crashing on launch problem.
Method 4: Close Background Apps
Disabling background programs can help to fix PUBG not launching when gaming. Applications that are running in the background and perhaps using system resources are known as background apps. Closing these apps can free up system resources, which can assist to enhance game performance and lessen the possibility of crashing. Follow our guide on How to End Task in Windows 10 to close all other background processes on your Windows 10 PC.
Method 5: Update PUBG Game
If you’re wondering why nothing is working out and Pubg not launching, then the primary factor in the crash may be the game’s programming or compatibility with a specific system setup and updating the game is the solution. To solve numerous problems that surface after a game’s initial release, game creators distribute updates. To update, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Steam app on your PC and click on the LIBRARY tab.
2. Right-click on the PUBG game and click on Properties.
3. Now, shift to the UPDATES tab and click on Always keep this game updated from the AUTOMATIC UPDATES section, as shown.
Method 6: Update Graphics Drivers
Your graphics drivers may need to be updated to address bugs and performance problems that may be causing Pubg pc crashing on launch. Updates to graphics drivers frequently come with bug fixes and optimizations that can boost your computer’s overall speed and stability. Follow our guide, 4 ways to update graphics drivers in windows 10 to update the driver.
Method 7: Verify Integrity of Game Files
A potential solution for PUBG crashing on launch is to check the game files. The game may freeze or crash if its game files are corrupted or out of date. You might try checking the game files’ integrity to resolve this problem. By making sure that all required game files are available and functioning properly, verifying game files might assist in resolving difficulties with PUBG crashing. Here’s our guide regarding the same, How to verify integrity of game files on steam.
Method 8: Disable Overclocking
Overclocking is the process of running the hardware of your computer faster than it is designed to run. This can be done to enhance the performance of specific games or applications, but it can also result in instability and cause programs to crash. Because it removes the potential for instability caused by overclocking and guarantees that the game plays at its intended pace, disabling overclocking can help to fix PUBG crashes during launching. You could adhere to our guide in this regard on 8 ways to fix system clock runs fast issue.
Also Read: Fix PUBG Lagging on Windows 10
Method 9: Reinstall PUBG
This technique must be used if all other approaches have been tried and tested and you are looking for a last-ditch solution that will work for you. The game must first be uninstalled before being reinstalled. In order to uninstall follow the steps below:
1. Open the Steam app on your PC and click on the LIBRARY tab.
2. Now, right click on PUBG and then select the Manage option followed by Uninstall.
After uninstalling the game reinstall it by reading our guide on How to install PUBG on PC.
Method 10: Contact PUBG Support
As a final resort, you should get in touch with the PUBG support staff to resolve the issue of PUBG crashing. You can accomplish this by going to the official support page of PUBG. Here, you may get additional details about the problem you’re having and get in touch with the support staff. The support staff should be able to offer additional assistance and suggestions on how to resolve PUBG keeps crashing on startup problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why does my game keep on crashing?
Ans. There may be a number of causes for your game to crash. Lack of available RAM on your device could be one of the contributing factors. Before starting the game, try forcibly closing any other open applications. This should free up some memory.
Q2. What are the negative effects of Pubg?
Ans. The drawbacks of playing PUBG include addiction to gaming, a decline in social engagement, promotion of poor physical and mental health, and the emergence of aggressive thoughts in players.
- What is Adware and How to Prevent It?
- How to Use SAE Killstreak in MW2
- Fix PUBG Sound Issue in Windows 10 PC
- How to Delete Your PUBG Mobile Account Permanently
In the end, we hope we could help in fixing PUBG PC crashing on launch issue. Try out the methods listed above and let us know if they worked out for you. If you have any suggestions or queries please do let us know in the comments sections below.