Sound and perfect audio setup in PUBG is an essential factor to win a chicken dinner, whether you play on a Mobile or Windows PC. If you cannot hear your footsteps, then you will not know where your enemy comes from or the gunshots of your opponents. Without doubts, sound is a super important factor for games like PUBG. But, several users complain about PUBG sound issue PC where you cannot hear any audio when you are in the game. Few other users also complain that audio works perfectly anywhere except PUBG. If you are facing any of these issues, this guide will help you fix PUBG audio not working in Windows 10. So, continue reading!
- How to Fix PUBG Sound Issue in Windows 10 PC
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
- Method 2: Set Default Audio Device
- Method 3: Run PUBG as Administrator
- Method 4: Run Audio Troubleshooter
- Method 5: Close Other Programs that are Using Audio
- Method 6: Change the Affinity of PUBG
- Method 7: Allow Audio Access for PUBG
- Method 8: Re-enable Sound Card
- Method 9: Restart Audio Services
- Method 10: Disable Audio Enhancements
- Method 11: Verify Integrity of Game Files (On Steam)
- Method 12: Update or Roll Back Audio Drivers
- Method 13: Reinstall Audio Drivers
- Method 14: Update Steam Client and PUBG
- Method 15: Reinstall PUBG
How to Fix PUBG Sound Issue in Windows 10 PC
If you are facing PUBG audio not working Windows 10 while enjoying your PUBG game, the most probable reason would be due to incompatible audio settings. Here are some common reasons that contribute to the sound problems of the PUBG game.
- The audio may be muted or very low.
- The Audio enhancement features are enabled on PC.
- Other applications on your PC are using audio.
- Outdated audio drivers in computers.
- Damaged cables, plugs, and speakers.
- Access for using a Microphone is not granted.
- Outdated Windows Operating System and outdated browser.
- Outdated/incompatible audio drivers.
- Presence of corrupt files on PC.
- Few essential Windows Audio services are not enabled.
- Corrupt browser cache.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Follow these basic troubleshooting methods to fix the said issue.
1A. Reboot Router
As a primary step, check if your computer is connected to a stable network. Without an internet connection, you cannot enjoy PUBG without any errors.
1. Also, reboot or reset your router if necessary.
3. Switch to an Ethernet cable and check the internet connectivity.
4. Connect to cellular network connections and check which connection works well for PUBG.
5. Avoid overclocking.
1B. Check System Requirements
If your PC does not meet the minimum/ recommended requirements for PUBG game, consider upgrading your computer.
Minimum System Requirements for PUBG
|OS||64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10|
|CPU||Intel Core i5-4430 / AMD FX-6300|
|Video||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection|
Recommended System Requirements for PUBG
|OS||64-bit Windows 10|
|CPU||Intel Core i5-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600|
|Video||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB|
|Network||Broadband Internet Connection|
1C. Check External Devices
If you have not attained any fix from the above preliminary checks, then it’s time to check if there is any external damage to the external speakers, microphone, and other audio devices contributing to the error.
- Check cables for loose connections and whether all other cables are plugged in or not.
- Make sure all other cables and cords are plugged into the correct audio port.
- Check the volume levels and whether the power is turned on.
- If you have also plugged in headphones, unplug them and check if it helps.
1D. Check Audio Output
When you are using more than one audio output device, you have to confirm when the device is used up as an output device. To check the audio output in your Windows 10 PC, follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Click on the Speakers icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Now, click on the arrow icon to expand the list of audio devices connected to the computer.
3. Then, select the audio device (you prefer) and make sure the audio is playing through the selected device.
If this method doesn’t help you fix PUBG sound issue PC, move ahead to the next one.
1E. Check Sound Settings
In this method, you have to check if the sound settings are correct and compatible with the audio device you are using. This helps you to fix PUBG audio not working Windows 10 as you follow the steps instructed below.
1. Right-click on the Speakers icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and click on Open Volume mixer.
2. Now, a set of volume controls will be opened up. Make sure all volume levels are not muted. If you find any red circle with a line, unmute the volume level.
3. Now, press the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
4. Now, click on System setting.
5. Then, click on Sound from the left pane and click on Device properties under the Output menu as shown.
6. Make sure Disable box is not checked.
7. Repeat Steps 5-6 for input devices as depicted.
Now, check if you have fixed Windows 10 PUBG audio problem.
1F. Update Windows
If there are any new Microsoft updates pending to be installed on your PC, a few bugs and problems cannot be resolved on your computer. As suggested by many users, updating Windows 10 computers will help you resolve PUBG audio not working issue. Follow our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update to update your Windows 10 computer.
Method 2: Set Default Audio Device
If you are using an audio device like headphones or speakers, you must ensure whether it is set as a default device or not. Let us assume a case of connecting an external monitor (that does not have built-in speakers) to your PC. If this monitor is set as a default output device, you cannot hear any audio in PUBG. You have to set your audio device as the default device as instructed below to fix PUBG sound issue PC.
1. Right-click on the Speakers icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and select the Sounds option.
2. Then, switch to the Playback tab and right-click on the audio device you would like to set as the default one.
3. Now, select the Set as Default Device option as highlighted and click on Apply>OK to save the changes.
Also Read: 3 Ways to Install Pubg on your PC
Method 3: Run PUBG as Administrator
To fix PUBG sound not working in your Windows 10 computer, run PUBG as an administrator as instructed below.
1. Right-click on the PUBG shortcut on the desktop or navigate the installation directory and right-click on it.
2. Now, select the Properties option.
3. Then, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click on Apply>OK to save the changes.
Note: You are also advised to disable startup programs on your computer by following our guide on 4 Ways to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10. This will save the memory of unnecessary startup programs running in the background.
Method 4: Run Audio Troubleshooter
You must be aware of the fact that your PC contains an inbuilt troubleshooting tool to fix any issues and errors like PUBG sound issue PC. The audio devices plugged into your computer and the inbuilt audio devices will be scanned and altogether the problems associated with the process will be sorted out.
Follow our guide How to Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter to fix issues to fix all the audio-related hardware issues in your PC. Also, you can run the Audio troubleshooter individually as instructed in our guide How to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter, but make sure you select the Playing Audio option as depicted.
Method 5: Close Other Programs that are Using Audio
When the audio utility is used by other programs on your Windows 10 PC, then you may face PUBG sound issue PC. To resolve the problem, you are advised to close all other programs or applications running in the background one by one or force them to shut down by using Task Manager. To do so, follow our guide on How to End Task in Windows 10.
Method 6: Change the Affinity of PUBG
The CPU cores are responsible for computer cache and memory processing in your computer. The overall performance of CPU cores will be used completely if you cannot hear PUBG properly. So, in this case, you can change the affinity of the game as instructed below.
1. Hit the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager.
2. Now, switch to the Details tab and monitor the app usage details.
3. Now, launch the Steam client and click on the Play button corresponding to the PUBG game under the LIBRARY tab.
4. Then, switch to the Task Manager window and right-click on TslGame.exe, then select the Set Affinity option as shown.
5. Then, uncheck the All Processors box and then check the CPU 0 box as depicted. Then, click on OK.
Note: Make sure you do this process before the game starts.
6. Now, check if you still face PUBG audio not working issue.
7. If your game launches smoothly, then repeat Steps 4 and 5, but in Step 5, check the All Processors box again.
Still, if you face a problem, skip to the next method.
Also Read: PUBG Medals list with their meaning
Method 7: Allow Audio Access for PUBG
There is a list of applications and programs on your computer that will have access for using audio devices. If PUBG is not on the list, you cannot hear any audio content contributing to the discussed error. Therefore, ensure the audio settings are enabled for your game on your PC by following the below-mentioned steps.
1. Launch Windows Settings by pressing Windows + I keys together.
2. Now, click on Privacy setting as depicted.
3. Here, scroll down the left pane and click the Microphone option. Ensure Allow apps to access your microphone option are enabled as shown.
Note: Launch Sound Settings from the search menu and select the correct input device (Microphone (2-High Definition Audio Device)) as default.
Then, check if you have fixed PUBG audio not working Windows 10.
Method 8: Re-enable Sound Card
You can easily fix PUBG sound not working by restarting the sound card as instructed below.
1. Hit the Windows key and type Device Manager. Now, click on Open.
2. Then, expand the Sound, video and game controllers by double-clicking on it.
3. Then, right-click on your sound card and select the Disable device option.
4. Now, confirm the prompt by clicking on Yes and reboot your computer. Then, repeat Steps 1-2.
5. Next, right-click on your sound card and select the Enable device option.
6. Now, try playing any sound in your audio application and check if PUBG audio not working in Windows 10 issue is resolved or not.
Also Read: Fix Internet error on PUBG mobile apps
Method 9: Restart Audio Services
Few essential Windows audio services will help you prevent PUBG sound issue PC. If in case, if these services are turned off, you may face several conflicts. Hence, you are advised to restart a few essential audio services as instructed below steps.
1. Type Services in the search menu and click on Run as administrator.
2. Now, scroll down and double-click on the Windows Audio service.
3. Now, in the new pop up window, select the Startup type to Automatic, as depicted.
Note: If the Service status is Stopped, then click on the Start button. If the Service status is Running, click on Stop and Start it again.
4. Click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
5. Repeat all these steps for other Windows services like Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and check if you have fixed the issue.
Method 10: Disable Audio Enhancements
If you find your audio working well for other multimedia resources, but the sound seems to be of low quality or noisy in PUBG, you are advised to change the sample rate. A low-frequency sample rate will cause fix PUBG sound not working, yet you can select a higher frequency sample rate by following the below-mentioned steps.
1. Right-click on the Speakers icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and select the Sounds option.
2. Then, switch to the Playback tab and select the audio device followed by the Properties button as shown.
3. Then, switch to the Advanced tab and from the drop-down menu under Default Format.
4. Select the highest frequency range e.g. 24 bit, 48000 Hz.
Note: Make sure Enable audio enhancements option is unchecked.
5. Click on Apply and then OK to save the changes. Check if you face PUBG sound not working again. If so, adjust different levels of frequency ranges by repeating these steps and confirm which range solves the problem.
Also Read: How to Backup Steam Games
Method 11: Verify Integrity of Game Files (On Steam)
We have seen many cases in which the game files are either missing or corrupt or it had incomplete installations. Users could also experience PUBG sound issue PC if they are interrupted by the update process or if the game files are being moved. In this method, you will be opening Steam and using the built-in function for verifying the integrity of the game. It will be replaced if the application finds something.
Note: You should perform similar steps if you are using different publishing software.
1. Open the Steam application on your computer and go to the Library tab at the top.
2. You will see the list of your games under the Game Library. Find the PUBG to verify. Right-click on it and click on Properties.
3. Go to the Local files tab in the in-game Properties window.
4. Now, click on Verify integrity of game files button.
5. Wait until Steam verifies the integrity of your game files.
Method 12: Update or Roll Back Audio Drivers
Option I: Update Audio Drivers
Outdated and incompatible audio drivers will always result in PUBG audio not working Windows 10. Always ensure you use an updated version of audio drivers and if your computer lacks the latest drivers, you are advised to update them as instructed in our guide How to Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10.
Once you have updated your audio drivers to the latest version, check if you have fixed PUBG audio not working issue.
Option II: Roll Back Audio Drivers
Sometimes, the current version of audio drivers may cause any audio conflicts and in this case, you have to restore previous versions of installed drivers. This process is called rollback of drivers and you can easily roll back your computer drivers to their previous state by following our guide How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10.
Wait until the previous versions of drivers are installed on your Windows 10 PC. Once done, check if you can fix PUBG sound not working.
Also Read: Change Quick Chat Voice On PUBG Mobile
Method 13: Reinstall Audio Drivers
Incompatible drivers must be reinstalled to resolve all audio related problems in PUBG. You are advised to reinstall device drivers only if you cannot attain any fix by updating them. Steps to reinstall drivers are very easy and you can do so by using a third-party application or by implementing the steps manually as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10
After reinstalling audio drivers, check if you can fix PUBG sound issue PC.
Method 14: Update Steam Client and PUBG
If you use an outdated Steam application, you cannot access any games smoothly. Hence always make sure you use an updated version of Steam and PUBG game before launching it.
1. Hit the Windows key and type Steam. Then, click on Open.
2. Now, click on Steam in the top left corner of the screen followed by Check for Steam Client Updates… as highlighted below.
3. If you have any new updates to be downloaded, install them and ensure your Steam client is up-to-date.
4. Now, relaunch Steam and check if the issue is solved now.
Likewise, it is always essential that your game run at its latest version to avoid any conflicts. Until your game is updated, you cannot log in to PUBG servers successfully. To update your game, follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Launch Steam and navigate to LIBRARY.
2. Now, click on HOME and search for your game.
3. Then, right-click on the game and select the Properties… option.
4. Now, switch to the UPDATES tab and check if any updates are pending in action. If so, follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest updates.
After an update, check if PUBG audio not working issue is fixed.
Also Read: 7 Ways to Fix PUBG Crashes on Computer
Method 15: Reinstall PUBG
If none of the methods has helped you, then you must reinstall the game to repair some essential corrupt configuration files in the game. Here are a few instructions to reinstall PUBG on Steam.
Note: Here, ROGUE COMPANY is taken as an example. Follow the steps according to the PUBG game.
1. Navigate to the Steam client and switch to the LIBRARY tab.
2. Then, right-click on PUBG and then select the Manage option followed by Uninstall.
3. Now, confirm the prompt by clicking on Uninstall again.
4. Finally, reboot the PC and repeat Step 1.
5. Now, right-click on PUBG and then, click on Install.
6. Finally, proceed with on-screen instructions to install the game on your PC.
Once you have reinstalled the game, you will no longer face any issues.
- Fix My Headphone Jack is Not Working in Windows 10
- Fix League We have Restored This Installation Error
- How to Delete Your PUBG Mobile Account Permanently
- Fix PUBG Lagging on Windows 10
We hope the guide was useful and you were able to fix PUBG sound issue PC. Let us know what you want to learn about next. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below.