Apart from social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and others, platforms where communities come together, chat & discuss certain issues have also become quite popular. While most of these platforms hold conversations on almost all topics, others like Discord are created specifically for gamers who like to discuss games and more. This instant messaging site is easy to use and is mostly used to connect to other users. While using the platform is easy, sometimes users can encounter issues while sending requests to others. If you have been facing issues while using Discord lately and are not able to send a friend request to someone on the platform then our guide on how to fix Discord friend request failed will help you greatly. Apart from the issue of Discord friend request not working, we will also discuss ways to fix Discord friend request not showing up. So, if your account on the platform is having similar problems where Discord friend request disappeared on receiving one, let us get started by helping you fix it.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Discord Friend Request Failed Error
Here, you will get to know about the troubleshooting methods to solve Discord friend request not working issue in detail.
What is Discord?
Discord is an application developed by Discord Inc. and the server was released in the year 2015.
- It is used as a voice, text chat, and video application that is accessible to users around the world.
- The app is safe to use for people above 13+ age.
- Discord helps in talking and simply hanging out with a community of gamers from all over the world.
- It is easy to stay connected to your online friends who live on the other side of the world.
- Discord is a host to hundreds of millions of communities.
- The application can be easily used on multiple platforms including Windows, macOS, iOS, iPad, Android, Web browsers, Linux, and more.
- People using Discord can either join the communities or create their own to start a new one.
- It helps people sharing similar interests to connect better.
Reasons behind Discord Friend Request Not Working
Discord users have been facing issues while using the friend request feature of the application. Either they are not able to receive a friend request, have trouble sending one, or facing issues with it not showing up. If this is the case with you, you can check a few reasons that can be behind the problems stated:
- Wrong Username: The very first reason that has been found to be a reason why you are unable to send a friend request is typing the wrong username while searching. If you do not have a mutual server with the person you are trying to send a friend request to, you won’t be able to find them if you use the wrong username. So, to stop getting blank search results, make sure the username you are using is correct.
- Privacy Settings: If Discord friend request not showing up issue is occurring in your account, you must check your privacy settings. If you are unable to receive a request on the server, it is possible that you have disabled receiving requests option in Discord settings. So, if you want to resolve this issue, make sure to check your privacy settings first.
- Blocked User: The next probable cause of this issue can be if the person you are trying to send a request to has blocked you on Discord. If so, you won’t be able to send them a request or add them as a friend on the platform. You might still see their messages in the server chat but you won’t be able to interact with them.
- Discord App Error: Another reason that can create an issue with the friend request feature of your Discord account is an error within the app itself. Discord can sometimes hold you back from sending or receiving requests. Discord is known to encounter in-app issues that hinder the working of some of its features and friend request is one of them.
How to Fix Discord Friend Request not Working
As discussed above, the friend request issue is commonly faced by Discord users. This stops them from using the feature and ultimately makes use of the platform difficult. But, to your service, we have gathered some commonly used fixes to resolve this issue that you can imply to your Discord account.
Method 1: Restart Discord App
The last method that can help you in fixing Discord friend request disappeared issue is restarting the Discord app. Using Discord on a Windows PC increases the chance of background applications interfering with Discord’s working. Therefore, a few features of the app are rendered useless. In such a scenario, it is advised to restart the app on your PC.
1. Firstly, you need to close the running Discord processes. To do so follow our guide to end task in Windows 10.
2. Once done, relaunch the Discord app on your PC and check if its friend request feature works fine now.
Method 2: Use Correct Username Spelling
- The very first method to fix Discord friend request failed is to check the username precisely.
- It is important that you type the correct spelling of the username.
- Failure to do so will result in wrong or blank search results for you in the Discord server.
- Before sending a friend request, cautiously check the spelling of the username.
Also Read: 7 Best Fixes to Discord 1006 Error on Windows 10
Method 3: Update Privacy Settings
Discord friend request disappeared is also common for users who have disabled receiving friend requests in Discord settings. If this is the case with you, then you must update your privacy settings. Also, if you are using the same server as the other user you are trying to send a request to and they have disabled friend requests on their account, they will not be able to receive your friend request.
1. Open your Discord account and click on the Settings icon present at the bottom of the screen.
2. Then, from the left side panel, click on Friend Requests.
3. Next, toggle on all the options for WHO CAN SEND YOU A FRIEND REQUEST including Everyone, Friends of Friends, and Server Members.
Method 4: Ask Friend to Send you Request
Another method that you can attempt in order to fix Discord friend request failed issue is to ask the person to send you a friend request on Discord. This method is extremely useful and it also eliminates your chance of typing in the wrong username.
- You can also contact them on another platform and ask them for the favor of sending you the request.
- You can provide them with your full username along with the tag and receive their request.
Method 5: Use Another Social Platform
If your Discord friend request not showing up issue is still persisting in your account then the next resort for you can be to use another social media platform to get in touch with that person.
- You can also contact them personally to talk to them.
- It is possible that they might not have a Discord account, so, you can talk to them on a different platform altogether.
- You can also ask them for their correct username if they have an account on Discord and then send them the friend request successfully.
Also Read: Fix Discord Stuck on the Connecting Screen
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I find out if someone has blocked me on Discord or not?
Ans. If a Discord member has blocked you on the platform, you won’t be able to receive a notification for the same. You will still be able to check the messages from the person who has blocked you on the server from the chat feature but you will not be able to contact the person.
Q2. Can I send a friend request to someone who has blocked me?
Ans. No, if a Discord user has blocked you, you will not be able to send them a friend request or interact with them in any way.
Q3. Who do my friend requests disappear in Discord?
Ans. When a Discord user sends you a friend request, you receive a notification. However, on opening that notification if the friend request has disappeared, it means that the sender has canceled the request.
Q4. Is there a limit on sending friend requests on Discord?
Ans. Yes, there is a limit on sending friend requests on Discord. Under this, a Discord member can only have a friend list of 1000 friends.
Q5. If someone rejects my friend request on Discord, will I get notified?
Ans. If your friend request was denied by the receiver, you will not get notified or be aware of the situation at all.
- What is GZ File and How Do You UnZip It?
- 70 Best Telegram Bots
- Fix Discord Download Error on Windows 10
- Fix Discord Installation Error on Windows 10
We hope that our guide on how to fix Discord friend request failed was successful in answering all the doubts regarding the friend request feature and its abrupt working on the Discord server. Let us know by leaving your comments below if you have any other queries or suggestions for us.