Are you also tired of facing Discord 1006 error every time you try to access your account? If so, you are not alone as this is one of the most common error codes being faced by the Discord community. People often panic when they can’t figure out what caused error code 1006 Discord and how to fix it. If this is also troubling you, here are the best methods to get rid of it within minutes.
Table of Contents
How To Fix Discord 1006 Error on Windows 10
Discord error 1006 reflects that your IP has been banned from accessing the website and its activities. It can happen due to multiple reasons such as:
- Discord detected that your IP address was trying to access certain unauthorized websites
- Your Discord bots violated its terms and conditions which may lead to a ban on your Discord account.
- You have too many failed log in attempts to your Discord account
- Your account was engaged in some inappropriate Discord Activity
Following are the solutions to solve Discord error 1006 access denied issue.
Method 1: Verify Discord Server Status
Many times, apps face server downtime and glitch which makes it difficult for users to access their accounts. To check for the same, follow these steps:
1. Visit the official Discord Status website
2. Scroll down to find all the issues being faced by the app currently including past incidents
If the website specifies that Discord is facing issues, wait for server uptime and try logging in again. However, if the app is working absolutely fine, you must try resolving Discord 1006 error issue with other methods.
Method 2: Enable Random Hardware Addresses
To your surprise, Discord will not ban you if you use dynamic IP settings. For this, you need to enable random hardware addresses by following these steps:
Option I: Enable Random Hardware Address for all networks
1. Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
2. Click on Network & Internet.
3. Click on Wi-Fi and ensure to toggle on the switch by Enable Random hardware addresses option.
Once your IP has been changed, launch Discord and try to log in again.
Option II: Enable Random Hardware Address for particular network
1. Follow the Steps 1 and 2 as mentioned in the above method.
2. Click on Wi-Fi followed by Manage known networks.
3. Select a network from the list and click on Properties
4. Finally, specify your preferred setting under Use random hardware addresses for this network
Check if Discord error 1006 access denied issue persists or not.
Also Read: Fix Discord Stuck on the Connecting Screen
Method 3: Switch to Different Network
Your account may become inaccessible due to unresolved issues with your current network connection. Many times, the issue lies within the ports of your router or maybe the network administrator has restricted Discord activities on the server. Moreover, Discord users also report that switching to a different network sometimes resolves the Discord 1006 error.
So, for instance, if you were earlier trying to log in with Wi-Fi, try your smartphone’s data connection. If the issue still persists, you can troubleshoot your internet connection with our guide on How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10.
Method 4: Use VPN
Over the years, VPN has become indispensable, especially for people with high online content consumption. It helps you stay anonymous and avoid being tracked with multiple other benefits. Furthermore, VPNs exchange your real IP address with one of their own to mask your identity.
Here are best VPN options you can pick to fix Error 1006 access denied:
Once you have finalized a VPN, read our in-depth guide on How to set up a VPN on Windows 10 and get things started.
Method 5: Clear Discords Cache Files
Corrupt Discord cache files and data can interfere with your device and app’s normal functioning. It is also possible that this is what brough Discord to ban your account.
Note: Before clearing cache files, launch Task Manager by using CTRL + Shift + ESC keys shortcut and right click on Discord and choose End task.
In this case, you can get rid of unnecessary piles of corrupt data, to do so read out our guide on How to clear cache files.
Method 6: Reinstall Discord App
You can try to reinstall your Discord app to fix Discord 1006 error on your PC.
1. Hit the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
2. Click on Apps setting.
3. Locate the Discord app and click on it to Uninstall.
4. Then, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstallation process.
5. Now, reboot the PC.
6. Next, open the Discord website and click on Download for Windows.
7. Now, when the file is downloaded, click on the DiscordSetup.exe file to install it on your system.
Finally, launch Discord to check if Discord error 1006 access denied problem is solved or not.
Method 7: Contact Discord Support
If nothing worked in your case, you can always contact the Discord Support group and take advice from professionals. Their expert team is work around the clock to resolve your queries without wasting time. If you think that Discord put a ban on your IP by mistake, you can also drop a mail at Discord support.
- How to Find Lost Folder in Outlook
- How to Stop Skype from Muting Other Sounds on PC
- How to Appear Offline to One Server in Discord
- 9 Solutions to Fix Discord Krisp Not Working
Discord is one of the most preferred platforms used by people to discuss everything from random topics to hot debates. However, something can go wrong for some users once in a blue moon such as server issues and error codes. Nonetheless, you must have understood by far that fixing Discord 1006 error is not rocket science and anyone can do it. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.