Amidst a moment of peace, while sipping coffee and reading a book on a Sunday evening, would you want to be bombarded by the constant ding and ping of Messenger? Even though you cannot stop your friends and family from messaging, you can prevent yourself from the unending cacophony of notifications. In today’s article, we will show you how to turn off the notification sounds in the Facebook Messenger app on iPhone. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How to Disable Messenger Sound on iPhone
Sometimes, completely putting the phone on silent mode might not be a suitable option. However, if you’re bothered by the distracting alerts, you can specifically turn off sound on the Messenger app. This gives you more control over the alerts, according to your preference.
Method 1: Enable Do Not Disturb for Messenger
Facebook Messenger lets users set their notifications from the app itself. This is the easiest way to disable notification sounds for the app.
1. Launch Messenger and tap the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the screen.
2. Tap the gear icon to access the Settings.
3. Select the Notifications and sounds option.
4. Toggle on Do Not Disturb to stop the app notifications.
5. Select the duration for which you want to Mute notifications for all conversations.
Method 2: Disable Notifications Sound in iPhone Settings
You can also turn off the notification sound for Messenger from iPhone settings. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Settings and scroll down to Messenger.
2. In the menu that appears, tap on Notifications.
3. Tap and toggle off the Sounds option.
4. If you do not even want a notification to pop up silently on the device screen, you can toggle off Allow Notifications.
Henceforth, the bugging messenger notifications will no more be a problem.
Method 3: Mute Individual Chats
Messenger lets you mute individual chats as well, in case you are annoyed by someone on the app and do not wish to hear the sound of any notifications from them. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Messenger and navigate to the Chat you want to mute.
2. Swipe left on them and select More.
3. Select Mute from the options to turn off the notification sounds for the user.
How to Change Facebook Messenger Notification Sounds on iPhone
Bored of the default notification sounds in Facebook Messenger, or do you want a comparatively calmer tone? Whatever it may be, follow the steps below to change the notification sounds for the app.
1. Open Messenger and tap the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the screen.
2. Tap on the Gear icon to access the Settings menu.
3. Select Notifications and sounds, followed by Text tone.
4. Select the Message notification tone as preferred.
Recommended: How to Know If Someone Muted You on WhatsApp
We hope this article helped turn off Messenger sound on iPhone. If you have any more queries or suggestions, you can write them down in the comments section below. For more tech-related queries, stay connected to TechCult.