There are about 1.4 billion cars in use all around the world according to motor vehicle research. A car is without a doubt one of the most convenient and comfortable modes of transport by road. Almost every house in a developed economic country has a car. This number is said to rise in the coming years considering how useful a car is as a motor vehicle for people. With the advancement in motor technology, new cars have advanced features, one of which is tracing a car. To trace car location online or using trackers is easy and gives you an upper hand in case of car theft or in general keeping an eye on the location of your car. If you are someone looking for how to trace your car, then you are in the right place. We bring you a perfect guide that will let you know about different ways in which you can do it. So, without delaying anymore let us start with the benefits of tracing a car and methods of doing it.
How to Trace Your Car Online
Before knowing how you can track your car, you should know what are the benefits of tracking a car. Following are the benefits of tracing car.
- The first and foremost benefit of tracing your car is if it gets stolen, you can easily know about its whereabouts which can help you in getting it back securely.
- Another benefit of tracing is that it allows you to keep a check on your car when it has gone for a service or if some other driver is using your car.
- The presence of a GPS tracking system in the car can also get you off on an insurance policy. Companies tend to offer additional offs on cars with a tracing system, therefore, install the best vehicle tracking app for your car to attain the benefits.
There are a few methods that can help you with tracking your car, from smartphones to the best budget car tracker, there are many ways to ensure that your car is safe & sound when you are not driving it. So, let us look into some of the prominent methods that can help you with it.
Method 1: Through Built-In GPS Tracking System
If you want to know how to trace your car then the easiest way to do it is with the help of an in-built GPS tracking system. New and advanced cars come with a GPS that helps you to track your car even when it is turned off. Many cars come with amazing navigation systems, some of them are Nissan, Honda, Kia, Chevrolet, Ford, Audi, and Maruti Suzuki. New and advanced models of these companies provide in-built tracking features for cars.
Method 2: Use Phone App to Trace Car
Phone applications that help to trace your car are a saving grace. They simply need GPS and cellular activity to initiate tracing the car. Sometimes, car companies also provide their company mobile app to new car owners that help them to keep a check on their car always. Let us look at some applications for phones that can be of help for you to find yourself the best vehicle tracking app:
1. GPS Route Finder: Maps Navigation & Directions- It is a popular app for Android users to trace car location online. Not only does it help to trace your vehicle but it also lets you keep an eye on your family & friends. For offline usage, you can download maps to continue with tracking. This app is available on the Google Play Store.
Also Read: 20 Best Cell Phone Tracking App
2. GPS Vehicle Tracking– It is another application that can catch the movement of a vehicle from far away. From speed to real-time tracking, it does it all. You can get this app for free on Play Store.
3. TCS Vehicle Tracking System– It comes with a world-class system that offers the best possible services like monitoring through GPS map, route details, and real-time location. You can download this app from Google Play.
4. GPS Tracker– GPS Tracker is an easy-to-download application for Android users that lets you locate the position of your car easily.
Also Read: 5 Best IP Address Hider App for Android
5. Trano Vehicle Tracking– It traces the car’s location and also makes sure that you don’t over speed. You can download this app from Google Play Store on your Android device.
Method 3: Use GPS Car Tracking Device
Another method for how to trace your car is by installing a GPS device in your car. There are many devices that you can find in the market that are affordable as well as very useful in the process of tracing your car. If you are missing out on GPS for your automobile and want the best budget car tracker, then we recommend you some of the best in town:
1. Onelap Micro– Onelap Micro is a waterproof GPS tracking system that is one of the best to keep a tab on your car. This small and discreet device comes with a SIM card allowing you to trace your car easily.
2. AutoWiz OBD– GPS car tracker is another famous device that is specialized for cars. AutoWiz OBD also comes with a SIM card and updates the location frequently. With it, not just you but your family or friends can also trace car location online.
Also Read: 8 Ways to Fix Android GPS Issues
3. Acumen Tracker UC 900– Acumen Tracker UC 900 is the next on the list. It can be used for cars & bikes and also has an anti-theft alarm as an added feature.
4. Lamrod Supreme Google Link GT02A– Lamrod Supreme Google Link GT02A can be used for many automobiles and helps in tracing your car using a mobile app.
5. Akari GT02A– A GPS device that is yet another best budget car tracker which can be used for various automobiles. Akari GT02A makes it possible for you to check the tracking history of your car for previous months too.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I trace my car using a cellphone?
Ans. To trace car location online using a phone you would need a car tracing application. Connect the app to the GPS tracking system of your car and you are ready to navigate the activity of your car.
Q2. Can I track another person’s car?
Ans. Some applications and GPS tracking devices allow you to track your friends or family person’s car. So, yes, it is possible to track the car of another person.
Q3. Can I track a stolen car with the help of a VIN?
Ans. Yes, VIN comes in handy in theft cases. The Vehicle identification number helps in locating your car and finding it in case it is stolen or otherwise.
Q4. Is it possible that my car can be tracked without me knowing?
Ans. Yes, it is certainly possible that your car can be tracked without your knowledge. It is possible with the help of GPS tracking devices that are discreet and almost invisible to the eye. Although, it is a crime to track someone’s car without them knowing.
Q5. Do all cars have GPS tracking systems?
Ans. No, not all cars have GPS tracking systems installed in them. Old model cars have basic utilities whereas new and advanced cars come with in-built GPS.
Q6. Can I track my car for free?
Ans. Yes, tracking a car for free is possible with applications for tracing that are free to use. Google Tracker is one of them that allows a free and effortless tracking experience.
- How to Change Snapchat Notification Sound on Android
- How to Freeze Location on Find My iPhone
- How to Turn Off Location on Life360 Without Anyone Knowing
- Top 12 Best GPS Trackers
It is indeed right to say that modern technology is of great help when it comes to social issues like theft. Car theft is not new and GPS tracking systems have been a boon in keeping them under control. We hope that this guide was a great help for you and you were able to know how to trace your car. Let us know which one of the methods helped in solving this question for you. Also, if you have any more queries about the topic or valuable suggestions, then let us know about them in the comments section below, we will be delighted to answer.