Disney Plus is the live-streaming service for all Disney content as well as all the different IPs under the banner of Disney. Likewise, you can also stream popular Marvel movies on this service. It has become one of the most popular streaming services today. When it comes to the sheer amount of content that you can access, it is a very good option for anyone interested in subscribing to a live-streaming service. If you are someone who is looking to stream movies or shows from Disney Plus with friends remotely, Discord is a very good option for this purpose. This instant messaging platform has many features that let you get in touch with friends as well as stream content together. However, some new Discord users may not be aware of this feature. In this case, such users may be wondering how to stream Disney Plus on Discord on PC. Fortunately, this article has got you covered with all the information you need. It is relatively simple to do this whether you are on Discord PC or Discord mobile. This article is therefore a guide on how to stream movies or shows from the Disney Plus streaming service on Discord. Continue reading to know how to stream Disney Plus on Discord without black screen.
Table of Contents
- How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord
- How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord on PC
- How to Stream Movies or Shows from Disney Plus on Discord on Mobile
- How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord without Black Screen
- How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord with Sound
- What are Some Problems You May Face When Streaming Disney Plus Movies or Shows on Discord?
- What are Some General Fixes that You Can Follow to Fix Issues When Streaming Disney Plus Content on Discord?
How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord
Here, you will get to know about how to stream Disney Plus on Discord on PC and mobile in detail.
How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord on PC
Below are the methods for PC.
Method 1: Use Discord App
Follow the steps below to use the Discord app:
Note: You may be getting a black screen when using this method due to Disney Plus having copyrighted content. Therefore, you can read later on in this article.
1. Launch Google Chrome and sign in to the Disney Plus account.
2. Open the Discord app, go to a voice chat channel and click on the cogwheel icon on the bottom left of the screen.
3. Go to the left-hand menu and scroll down to ACTIVITY SETTINGS.
4. Click on Registered Games.
5. Click on Add it and select Google Chrome from the list.
6. Click on the Add Game option.
7. In the Discord Channel, click on the Stream Google Chrome icon in the bottom left-hand corner.
8. In the Screen Share Window, select a voice channel and adjust the stream quality as well as the frame rate.
9. Click on Go Live.
Also Read: 5 Ways to Fix Discord Friend Request Failed Error
Method 2: Use Plex via Mazi on Discord
It is much easier to stream Disney Plus movies or shows using the Discord app. However, you can still follow the detailed steps below to stream using a different method.
Note: You need to have the Disney Plus movie or show downloaded into your local drive to follow this method.
1. Go to the Plex website and create an account.
2. Download and install the Plex Media Server.
3. Open the Plex Media Server and sign in to the Plex account.
4. Click on the Add Library.
5. Select the Movies option from the list of library types and click Next.
6. Select the BROWSE FOR MEDIA FOLDER option.
7. Select the folder for the downloaded movies or TV shows.
8. Click on the Add Library option.
9. Go to the App Directory in the Discord channel.
10. Search for Mazi and click on it.
11. Click the Add to Server.
12. Click on the Authorize.
13. Go to the Mazi website.
14. Click on Link Discord Account.
15. Click on Link Plex Account.
16. Go back to Discord and type in /movies.
Also Read: What Does Invisible Mean on Discord?
How to Stream Movies or Shows from Disney Plus on Discord on Mobile
Similar to the use of screen sharing within the Discord app on PC, you can also do the same using the mobile app. Therefore, others in the Discord voice channel can watch the Disney Plus stream. It is rather simple to do this. You can follow the step-by-step guide below.
1. Launch the Discord mobile app and sign in.
2. Go into a Discord channel and select VOICE CHANNELS.
3. Tap on the Join Voice at the bottom.
4. Tap on the Screen Share icon.
5. Tap on the Start Now from the pop-up window.
6. Open the Disney Plus app and start a movie or show.
Also Read: 9 Ways to Fix Discord Search Not Working on Mobile
How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord without Black Screen
Follow the methods listed below to do so:
Method 1: Run Discord App with Administrator Permissions
Follow the steps below to do so:
1. Right-click on the Discord app.
2. Click on the Run as administrator option.
Method 2: Make Changes in the Discord Settings
Follow the steps below to do so:
1. Open Discord and go to Settings.
2. Under the App Settings section, click on Voice & Video.
3. Scroll down to the VIDEO CODEC section and turn off the OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems Inc toggle.
4. Go under the SCREEN SHARE section, and turn on the Use our advanced technology to capture your screen toggle.
Method 3: Disable Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome
Follow the steps below to do so:
1. Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on the System option.
4. Disable the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
5. Click on the Relaunch option.
How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord with Sound
You have to make sure that you go to a voice chat channel for the screen share. Likewise, it is also important to make sure that you hit the Go Live after setting up the screen share settings. You can do so by following the same steps on how to stream movies or shows from Disney Plus on Discord in this article exactly as they are given. This is important to make sure that you share both your audio as well as video feed of your screen with others in the channel.
What are Some Problems You May Face When Streaming Disney Plus Movies or Shows on Discord?
Some of the common problems that you may encounter when streaming movies or shows following the above methods in this article are given below.
- Your Disney Plus movie or shows stream with a black screen. This means that you can only hear the sound of the movie or show you are watching.
- The sound does not function properly. Therefore, you cannot hear the sound of the movie or show you are watching.
What are Some General Fixes that You Can Follow to Fix Issues When Streaming Disney Plus Content on Discord?
Some of the general fixes that you can follow to fix issues when streaming Disney Plus movies or TV content on Discord are given below.
- Switch to a different browser when one browser fails to work. Likewise, the methods to screen share from a different browser using Discord are mostly the same.
- Check your internet connection speed.
- Make sure that the Discord servers are up and running.
Also Read: Fix Discord Server Owner Crown Not Showing
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it legal to stream Disney Plus movies or TV shows on Discord?
Ans. No, it is not legal to stream Disney Plus movies or TV shows on Discord. Likewise, this is the main reason why there is no official integration of the streaming service on Discord. The only option currently legal and officially integrated for video streaming on Discord is YouTube. The fact that all contents on the Disney Plus streaming service are all copyrighted material is why it is not legal.
Q2. Is it possible to stream Disney Plus on Discord mobile?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to stream Disney Plus on Discord mobile using the screen-sharing feature.
Q3. Is it possible to stream Disney Plus on Discord PC?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to stream Disney Plus movies and shows on Discord. You can follow one of the methods that are provided in this article.
Q4. Is there a way to watch Disney Plus with others without the use of Discord?
Ans. Yes, there is a feature that is available in some locations that let users watch movies or shows together without using Discord or Zoom. This feature in the Disney Plus streaming service is known as GroupWatch. This feature allows you to host your own watch party.
Q5. Can you fix the black screen issue when streaming Disney Plus on Discord?
Ans. Yes, you can fix the black screen issue when streaming any Disney Plus movie or shows on Discord. You can do this by following one of the three fixing methods that are provided in this article.
Q6. Can you fix the sound issue when streaming Disney Plus on Discord?
Ans. Yes, you can fix the sound issue when streaming Disney Plus content on Discord by making sure that you share the screen in a voice channel and hitting the Go Live.
Q7. Will you get in trouble for streaming Disney Plus movies or shows on Discord?
Ans. Although it is illegal to share the copyrighted content of Disney Plus on Discord, it is very unlikely that you will get into trouble.
Q8. Can you stream movies or shows from other streaming services on Discord?
Ans. Yes, you can also stream movies as well as shows from other streaming services like Netflix using the same methods from this article.
Q9. Is it legal to stream content from other online streaming services on Discord?
Ans. No, it is not legal to stream any copyrighted content on Discord. Therefore, it does not matter what streaming service you use. As long as it is not any content within the public domain, they are illegal.
- What Does Telegram Last Seen a Long Time Ago Mean?
- How Can You Edit a Facebook Marketplace Listing
- How to Screen Record on Discord Mobile
- How to Remove Someone from Discord Group
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to learn about the steps on how to stream Disney Plus on Discord. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.