Discord is an inevitable name when we discuss the top apps for building communities, improving the user experience, and connecting servers and channels. It always stands out for its scalable features, customizations, and applicability. As users, there must have been times when we’ve sought an escape and tried to hide under a blanket, even when we weren’t sleeping. This sounds similar to the concept of invisibility on Discord. In this article, we aim to learn what invisible means on Discord. So, keep reading!
What Does Invisible Mean on Discord?
Custom statuses have led to transformed eyes for Discord. It enables the power of the user to allow others to see them the way they want to be seen. Being invisible on Discord is marked by the grey hollow circle near the user’s avatar on a Discord Server. The factor on Discord where the user aims may or may not turn itself offline, but rather hide their presence from other members on the server or the channel is remarked as Invisible.
Is Invisible the Same as Offline on Discord?
The grey circle as a status icon which means Invisible is generally used to appear offline. But when we say to appear offline, what do we actually mean? Well, yes that is the catch here. Unlike WhatsApp or Instagram, Discord puts the status customized differently. In general, if you ask us if is invisible the same as offline on Discord, we may say yes to it.
Invisible on Discord can be bypassed and anyone who uses the app is enabled to wear a pseudo status of being active or inactive on the app. It is ideally a choice when the user wants not to engage and appear offline even while for one or the other reason he/she is online and just not letting the others realize.
How to be Invisible on Discord
Setting status on Discord is very basic and easy. The user has the option to choose the servers on which he or she wants to be invisible. The following methods will teach you How to be invisible on Discord.
Option I: On PC
To turn on the invisible status on Discord PC:
1. Open the Discord app.
2. Click on your avatar or username at the bottom-left corner of the panel.
3. On the pop-up move your cursor to the status that is currently enabled, in my case Online.
4. A new side menu will appear with all the custom status options.
5. Click on Invisible with a grey circle to enable.
Option II: On Smartphone
To turn on the Invisible status on Discord mobile app:
1. Open the Discord app.
2. Click on the profile image at the bottom right corner.
3. From the menu, click on the Set Status option.
4. Click on Invisible to enable the status.
What are Activity Statuses on Discord?
With the pseudo-offline feature on Discord impressing its users, let us take a look at options other than the grey circle as well:
- Green dot: Alike any other social media platform, the little green dot on Discord appears along the username when the one is online and is active on the app as well.
- Yellow crescent moon: It appears when there is no activity on the app for a while and the app recognizes the user to be away leaving behind the app open. The time it stays awake is precisely 5 minutes before automatically shifting the status icon to the yellow crescent moon.
- Red circle with a hyphen: This symbol on Discord represents Do Not Disturb. This can be applied manually by the user when he wants to restrict all incoming notifications from the Discord app.
How to Custom Status Message on Discord
With all those tiny tweaks that Discord offers, it is worth noticing that it not just only makes it rich in features but also improves the user experience. A customized message on status is the access the user would love to put around on its server, making it a pleasurable experience to share about a part or time of the day. If not huge, it attempts to make the user happy, even if a little.
Read our guide on How to Set a Custom Playing Status on Discord and implement the same to set some random custom statuses.
- How Do I Get My Number Unlisted and Removed from TrueCaller
- How to Pause Twitch Chat
- Fix Discord Freezes After League Game Issue
- 9 Ways to Fix Discord Search Not Working on Mobile
You can even stay invisible and still be in an active chat with another user, receive notifications, and use voice channels as well, thereby just disallowing others to see. Even the admin of the server would not be able to predict, thanks to the absence of read messages information on Discord. We hope that this article could guide you on what does invisible mean on Discord. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.