If you are someone who actively uses the Discord app on your mobile phone, you may encounter an issue where the search is not working. Likewise, this is a rather common issue that many users report encountering. There are many useful features that are available in the Discord app. The search feature is one of the most useful ones within the app. It can be very useful when you are looking for specific channels or chats in Discord. Consequently, having Discord search not working mobile can be very annoying. Although an official fix for this common issue is currently unavailable, there are some fixes as well as workarounds that you can try to resolve this issue. Luckily, this article has got you covered on all the different methods you can try. This article is therefore regarding some of the fixes that you can try to fix Discord search not working on mobile.
Ways to Fix Discord Search Not Working on Mobile
In this article, we have shown the troubleshooting methods to fix Discord search not working mobile issue.
Why is Discord Search Not Working?
Discord search not working on your mobile device can be a very problematic issue because of the functional purpose of the search. The ease and convenience the search feature affords is a part of the user experience of Discord on mobile. When you are facing issues like why is discord search not working, you have to first find out the possible causes for it before being able to fix it. There are a number of possible causes of this issue. You can find some of them by reading below.
- You may be facing this issue as a consequence of a poor internet connection or network outage.
- The Discord servers are facing issues and are not active.
- You are on an older version of the app. This can be the cause of the issue when the older version is not compatible with the new update features.
- There are some bugs or glitches in the app as a consequence of the app’s cache memory.
- You are facing a temporary glitch issue where the app is not working properly.
- There are apps running in the background on your device that is causing issues within the app.
- There are no necessary phone permissions available for the Discord app.
- There is corrupted data in the app that results in the Discord search not working.
- Your phone is facing performance issues where there is a major slowdown within the Discord app.
How to Fix Discord Search Not Working on Mobile
Here are some fixes as well as workarounds that you can try out.
Method 1: Restart Discord App
A simple fix that you can follow is to simply restart the Discord app on your mobile phone. Likewise, you can resolve issues like this that may result from temporary glitches by restarting the app. You may be facing the issue due to a bad session of the app.
1. Close Discord on your Android.
2. Now, go to the Android screen (hold your Home screen and drag upwards) where all the recently opened applications will be present.
3. Now, tap the X symbol corresponding to Discord.
4. Reopen Discord and check if you face the issue again.
Method 2: Restart Device
A fix that you can also follow to resolve the search not working issue is to simply restart your mobile. Therefore, you can try launching the app after restarting your device to see if the issue persists. Read our guide on How to Restart or Reboot your android phone.
Method 3: Wait for Discord Server Uptime
A common reason why you may run into the search not working issue is due to server issues. Therefore, it is important to make sure that the Discord servers are up and running when facing this issue. The issue may be simply from the server’s end. In this case, all you can do is wait for the servers to be up again.
Method 4: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Another simple fix is to make sure that your internet connection is working properly. Likewise, a slow internet connection or bad network coverage may result in the search feature not working. It is a good idea to make sure that your internet connection is working properly. You can check out the speed of your internet connection by going to the Speedtest website. Then, check our ultimate smartphone troubleshooting guide to troubleshoot your internet connection.
Also Read: Fix Discord Not Detecting Battle Net Problem
Method 5: Allow Permissions to Discord
In order to give the necessary pone permission to Discord follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Tap on the Settings app.
2. Next, tap on Apps and then tap Manage apps.
3. Now, tap on Discord as shown.
4. Next, tap App permissions.
5. Now, tap on one of the options under the Not allowed section.
6. Finally, select the Allow only while using the app option.
7. Repeat this for all the necessary permissions.
Method 6: Update Discord App
You may also be encountering an issue with the search not working simply due to having an older version of the app installed. In this case, a simple fix is to download and install the latest update for the app. Updates usually bring bug fixes as well as optimizations that enhance the stability of the app. Therefore, it is a good idea to update the Discord app whenever a new version is available.
1. Navigate to your Home Screen and tap Play Store.
2. Now, search Discord in the search field.
3A. If you see an update available, tap the Update option as shown.
3B. If you see the app is already updated, skip to the next troubleshooting methods.
4. Wait until your app gets updated and check if you have fixed the issue.
Method 7: Clear Discord Cache and Data
Although cache saves frequently used information, over days they cause some troubles that can only be fixed by clearing them. Read our guide on How to clear cache on Android Phone.
Method 8: Reinstall Discord App
In case other fixes fail to resolve the search not working issue, you may have to resort to reinstalling the Discord app. This can help resolve most of the issues as well as glitches that may be the cause of the problem. Performing a clean install of the app is a good idea. All you have to do is to uninstall the app and install the latest version of the app again.
1. Go to Play Store and search Discord.
2. Now, tap Uninstall as shown.
3. Wait until the app is completely uninstalled from your Android. Then, again search for Discord and tap Install.
4. Once, your app has been installed on your device, tap Open as depicted.
Method 9: Contact Discord Support Team
It is also a good idea to contact the Discord support team in order to get official assistance. Likewise, it can be very helpful to report your issues to the support team. In some cases, it can also lead to the app getting an official patch update to resolve such an issue.
Also Read: 15 Best Soundboard for Discord
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the Discord search feature on mobile?
Ans. The Discord search feature on mobile is similar to the one that is available on PC and others. Likewise, it is a very useful feature within the app that you can use to find specific chats, channels, etc. This feature also lets you also pick between users, text channels, voice channels, and servers to search using the filter.
Q2. Can you use other features when Discord search not working mobile?
Ans. Yes, you can use all the other features in Discord even when the search feature is not working. However, you may find it less convenient to use the app as the search feature is a very useful tool.
Q3. Is it possible to fix Discord server issues?
Ans. Unfortunately, it is not possible to fix Discord server issues. There is no fix that you can follow when facing server issues. All that you can do when facing such an issue is to simply wait for the servers to be back up and running. You can always go back to the server status website after some time to see if the servers are still down.
Q4. Is there a main fix for Discord search not working on mobile issue?
Ans. Unfortunately, there is no one main fix for the search feature not working in Discord. Therefore, it is a good idea to try all the different methods in this article to resolve the issue.
Q5. Where can you find the search feature on mobile?
Ans. You can find the search feature on the Discord mobile application in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. Likewise, you have to click on the Magnifying Glass icon to start a search.
- 9 Ways to Fix Apex Legends No Servers Found Error
- How to Search on Discord Mobile App
- Fix Discord Search Not Working on PC
- Fix Discord Server Owner Crown Not Showing
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to learn about the different methods on how to fix Discord search not working on mobile. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.