magicJack is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) provider providing the access to make and receive calls in the U.S. and Canada on your internet connection. You can completely relieve yourself from paying extra phone bills to your phone company. Furthermore, you will not have to change your mobile number while opting for the magicJack device. It is affordable, reliable, and portable simultaneously, making it the top VoIP provider in the business. Using magicJack telephone services for a while but don’t know how to renew your magicJack account? We got you! Read this article until the end to learn how to create a new magicJack account and what is the cost to renew magicJack. You will also learn how to renew your magicJack phone number.
How to Renew Your magicJack Account
Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating how to renew your magicJack account in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
Is magicJack Still in Business?
Yes, magicJack is still in business.
Can You Use magicJack without Internet?
No, you cannot use magicJack without the internet. magicJack is a VoIP provider where the ‘I’ stands for internet. So, you can enjoy magicJack services only when you have a viable internet connection or stable Wi-Fi at your location.
How Do You Create a New magicJack Account?
You can easily create a new magicJack account once you have a magicJack device. All you will be required to do is to activate the shipped SIM card that comes with your magicJack device. Follow the steps below to activate your SIM.
1. Choose the SIM fit size according to your magicJack device.
2. Insert the SIM tray with the gold side placed downwards.
3. Close the SIM tray and dial 611 from your device’s dial pad.
Note: Once the SIM is activated, you can purchase the plan of your choice.
4. Then, visit the Plans page to purchase the plan of your choice.
5. Select the desired plan.
6. Enter the Zip Code of your area.
7. Enter the IMEI number for your phone (*#06#) on the dial pad of your magicJack device.
8. Click on Yes when the prompt asks if you have your magicJack Wireless SIM with you.
9. Enter your SIM number (19-digit number printed on the lower section of the SIM card) on your device.
Note: Now you can either opt for a free number or you can port your existing number. Visit magicJack Porting to know more about this.
10. Check Out once you have successfully selected your phone number.
Your account will now be created and you can enjoy magicJack services to your heart’s content! You can log in to your newly created magicJack account by entering your magicJack Wireless Number or Email ID and account pin or password. You can also change your password by clicking on Forgot Password if you have forgotten it.
How Do You Check Your magicJack Account?
You can check your magicJack account by locating your magicJack Account ID or logging into your magicJack account.
1. LOGIN to your magicJack account portal.
2. Click on your Account tab to see your account details.
Keep reading to learn how to renew your magicJack account.
Also Read: How to Create Wayfair Professional Account
How Much is magicJack Monthly?
magicJack does not provide a monthly plan. But you can choose the right plan out of the available yearly plans for yourself according to the number of lines you need from the magicJack VoIP Plans page.
- 1 Year Plan: $43
- 2 Year Plan: $79
- 3 Year Plan: $109
How Do You Renew Your magicJack Phone Number?
You can renew your magicJack phone number only when it is a premium phone number.
Note: If you have a US free phone number, it automatically gets renewed on the same date along with the magicJack device subscription renewal.
A premium number requires an annual fee. It falls under different names:
- Vanity premium number: It is a specifically requested combination of numbers, the annual fee of which is $10 per year with added applicable taxes and fees.
- Custom premium number: It is chosen from a list of available numbers, the annual fee of which is $3 per year with added applicable taxes and fees.
- Canadian premium number: All Canadian numbers are considered premium numbers, the annual fee of which is $10 per year with added applicable taxes and fees.
Note 1: The renewal date of your premium number may vary with the said date of your device subscription renewal. Learn how you can renew your magicJack phone number with complete ease.
Note 2: If your renewal date is near, you will see a notification alerting you to renew your magicJack phone number.
1. LOGIN to your magicJack account from the magicJack Login page.
2. Click on the Account tab.
3. Under the Device Status column, click on Click to Reactivate.
4. Then, choose the desired plan and click on Add to Cart.
Note: You will now see that the renewal amount for one year has already been added to your cart.
5. Once you complete the Check Out process by paying the renewal amount, you will be able to renew your magicJack phone number successfully.
Also Read: How to Reactivate USPS.com Account
How to Renew Your magicJack Account?
Now that you know how to create a new magicJack account, Let’s look at how you can renew your magicJack account by following any of the three methods listed below.
Method 1: Turn On Auto-Renew Service
magicJack also gives you an auto-renew option from where you can automatically renew your magicJack account subscription once it ends on the due date using an active card saved on file. An email notification will be sent thirty days before the subscription renewal as a reminder of the current rate for renewal. A confirmation email will be sent once the renewal is processed successfully.
To start the auto-renew feature, follow the steps provided below.
1. LOGIN to your magicJack account.
2. Hover over the Account tab and click on AutoRenew.
3. Turn on the toggle for the desired subscriptions you want to renew each year automatically.
4. Select Continue on Auto-Renew.
Note 1: You will have to update the billing information if you do not have an active credit card on file.
Note 2: You need to have an active and valid credit card saved on file to renew your magicJack account automatically. If the payment fails, the service will end. To opt out of auto-renew, you must call Customer Care at 1-844-866-2442 within the US or Canada or 1-561-594-9925 outside the US or Canada. Auto Renew can be toggled off too.
Method 2: Use Rapid Renew Feature
With Rapid Renew, you can renew your magicJack account subscription without logging into your account. Follow the steps mentioned below to know how you can renew your magicJack account rapidly.
1. Go to the magicJack website.
2. Click on LOGIN.
3. Enter your magicJack phone number and click on RENEW NOW.
4. Select the desired renewal plan and click on Continue the Billing Note.
Note: Review your active phone number, primary email address, and renewal data.
5. Provide your credit/debit card credentials and click on Review Order to confirm the order.
6. Review the magicJack Subscriber Agreement, mark the checkbox to confirm reviewing, and click on COMPLETE ORDER.
Note: Device subscription renewal is different from premium number subscription renewal. Both can have separate due dates. If you have a premium phone number, you will renew it separately by logging in to your magicJack account.
How Much Does It Cost to Renew magicJack?
The renewal plans of magicJack are as shown below:
- 1 Year Plan: $43
- 2 Year Plan: $79
- 3 Year Plan: $109
To upgrade to the two-way subscription, a one-time $10 change service fee will be applied for the two-way service selections. That’s how much it costs to renew magicJack account.
How Do You Recover Your magicJack Account?
After learning how to renew your magicJack account, let us look at how you can recover your account by logging into your magicJack Account by putting in your account credentials. If you do not remember your magicJack account ID or password, you can locate them by following the steps mentioned below.
Option I: Log In with Credentials
To locate your magicJack account ID, visit the magicJack account portal and LOGIN to your account.
Option II: Reset Password
Also, it is super easy to reset your magicJack account password if you have lost track of it.
1. Head to the magicJack account LOGIN portal.
2. Click on Forgot Password.
3. Enter your email address and click on SEND RESET CODE.
4. Enter the reset code sent to your selected magicJack email address to reset your password.
This way you can recover your magicJack account by putting in the new password.
Also Read: How to Recover Your Venmo Account
What is Better Than magicJack?
magicJack has no doubt provided cost-effective plans but has somewhat declined in customer satisfaction and support. Therefore, we are providing you with a list of five apps that are better than magicJack as a VoIP service.
One of the most preferred alternatives better than magicJack is Dialpad. It is a unified communications platform that includes most of the engagements that magicJack provides like unlimited calling, call forwarding, call blocking, call waiting, voicemail, and much more.
- Dialpad has many more exciting options like conference calls, video conferencing, and instant messages accompanied by SMS/MMS messages.
- You can even choose your caller ID which makes your security issues super-tight and secured since your number remains in safe hands.
- Like magicJack, you can port numbers in Dialpad too.
- Dialpad’s built-in AI helps you to have real-time transcriptions as a post-call summary which is automatically sent to everyone who has attended the conference call/video call.
- You can also avail of call recordings as and when you want them. You can toggle the call recording on or off according to your convenience while attending a call.
- Unlike magicJack, Dialpad also pampers you with an auto-attendant, an upgraded feature where you have a virtual receptionist to connect your call.
You can check out Dialpad and see how superior it makes you feel as compared to magicJack once you take the self-guided tour of the website/app.
The second-best VoIP provider that is better than magicJack is OpenPhone. Apart from providing basic features like team messaging, unlimited calling, SMS, and MMS in the US and Canada, it also has several other features that you won’t easily get under magicJack.
- It provides an auto-attendant (IVR), which is included in the standard plan.
- It efficiently supplies you with voicemail transcriptions.
- You can also record your call with crystal-clear quality.
- OpenPhone gives you the liberty of setting your business hours and do not disturb mode.
- You also get dedicated customer support under OpenPhone accompanied by key integrations with email, Slack, and Zapier.
- You can port your number from magicJack directly by submitting the request, and OpenPhone will ensure that you enjoy all the available services. You can also sign up and take up the free trial session to experience the latest updates by OpenPhone.
OpenPhone has three subscription choices.
- The Standard plan starts at $10 per month, giving you the benefit of low-cost international calling rates.
- The Premium plan starts at $20 per month, giving you a wide range of experience. Apart from the standard plan perks, you will also be able to transfer calls, access call analytics with HubSpot CRM integrations, and more such exclusive benefits.
- The Enterprise plan includes custom pricing especially customized for your use. It is a consumer-specific setup exclusively offered by OpenPhone to suit your VoIP needs.
Note: No prepaid credits are required.
Read this article from the start to learn how to renew your magicJack account.
Ooma offers free calling services to the US, Canada, and Mexico. An internet connection, a smartphone, or a VoIP-enabled device, and you are good to go.
- A standard plan under Ooma offers unlimited SMS in the US and Canada, an auto-attendant, and call forwarding. However, there is a feature that is especially available on Ooma when compared with magicJack.
- Ooma gives you overhead paging to boast about as well as video conferencing.
- It also gives you the advantage of call recording, voicemail transcriptions, and unlimited SMS in Canada and the U.S.
- With Ooma, you can also create your customized greeting voiceover for incoming calls and design a menu that directs your callers to the right agents.
- Unlike magicJack, Ooma allows you to connect to various smart home devices to increase convenience and security.
Ooma has two types of subscriptions for daily users.
- Ooma Office which amounts to $19.99 per user for one month.
- Ooma Pro offers a subscription at $24.95 per user for one month.
Also Read: 57 Best Free BeenVerified Alternatives
The fourth choice in the list of better apps than magicJack is Vonage. It has been in business since 2001 and like Ooma offers free calls to the US, Canada, and Mexico, and free SMS to the US and Canada only. As you upgrade the app, you will gain access to these wonderful features provided by Vonage.
- You can get an auto-attendant to connect your calls and answer all your queries.
- Vonage indulges itself with CRM integrations.
- Also, you can record your call.
Vonage has three applicable subscriptions.
- For normal usage, you have a Mobile costing you $19.99 per line per month.
- You can also opt for Premium which will cost you $29.99 per line per month giving you access to auto-attendant and CRM integrations.
- The Advanced subscription is $39.99 per line per month which allows you to record calls (15 hours) and voicemail transcriptions.
Note: Vonage may extract a higher budget from you! Stay updated about the additional costs after you subscribe, even with the advanced plan.
5. Google Voice
Google Voice is widely used by all for personal calls.
- Once you upgrade to a basic paid Google Voice by Google Workspace, you can get access to voicemail transcriptions, and dedicated customer support and you can also apply do not disturb mode.
- Google Workspace plan starts at $6 per user for each month which also gives you Google Voice.
Google Workspace has three plans providing you with three choices for Google Voice.
- The Starter plan starts at $10 per user each month. This is limited to 10 users in the US.
- The Standard plan starts at $20 per user per month unlocking unlimited users, auto-attendant, and desk phone support.
- The Premier plan costs $30 per user per month which unlocks advanced reporting features and support for international users.
Now, the question is why Google Voice is at number five. This is because of its limited benefits which limit its activity within the US.
Note: Free calling to Canada can be allowed only when you are calling from the US. Sending a text to Canada from wherever you live isn’t free.
- Can You Log Into Workday from Home?
- Can I Use My Xfinity Mobile SIM Card on Any Phone?
- How Can You Recover Your Amazon Account
- How to Lookup Google Voice Phone Number
We hope that this tutorial on how to renew your magicJack account and create a new magicJack account was helpful. Now that you have finished reading, we hope that you can create a new magicJack account and at the same time renew your magicJack phone number. Also, we have answered your doubts on what is the cost to renew magicJack. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next!