In this globalized world, when your friends are in other countries, Facebook is an app that allows you to remain in touch with your friends. In this app, you see your friends’ posts and remain updated on where they are. And if they are near your place, you can plan a meeting with them. Some other features of this app are messaging and friend recommendations. With the friend recommendation feature, you can help your two friends connect. If you are thinking about how to recommend friends on Facebook and how to ask for recommendations on Facebook, this article is for you. It will guide you on how to use Facebook recommend button and Facebook recommended friends.
- How to Recommend Friends on Facebook
- Where do Facebook Suggestions Come from?
- Why Would Facebook Suggest Someone with No Mutual Friends?
- Does Facebook Suggest People Who have Unfriended You?
- Why does Someone Keep Coming Up with Suggested Friends?
- How to Recommend Friends on Facebook?
- How to Ask for Recommendations on Facebook?
How to Recommend Friends on Facebook
You will get to know how to recommend friends on Facebook further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. These steps were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, as shown in the illustrations below.
Where do Facebook Suggestions Come from?
The choices for People You May Know come from factors like having friends in common, your networks, places you now live, go to school or work.
Why Would Facebook Suggest Someone with No Mutual Friends?
The suggestions from Facebook with no mutual friends may be because of the reasons listed here. Some of these reasons are you are members of the same group, you are tagged in a picture, and suggested friends are also tagged.
Does Facebook Suggest People Who have Unfriended You?
Yes, Facebook can still recommend the person who you unfriended once.
Why does Someone Keep Coming Up with Suggested Friends?
Sometimes some people keep coming up with the suggestion. This is because you might be a mutual friend of the person, have a common friend circle, are from a common workplace, or tagged in the same picture.
How to Recommend Friends on Facebook?
Well, if you have a big friend circle, at times, you must have helped your friends connect by sharing phone numbers, email addresses, and Whatsapp numbers. But there is one other way that you can use to recommend friends, and that is to recommend friends on Facebook. So, here we will tell you how to recommend friends on Facebook.
Note: The following methods are for both Android and PC.
Method 1: Using Link
An easy way to recommend friends on Facebook is to send link to your friends. This can be done using Facebook app on Android and Facebook on PC.
Method 1A: On Android
It is one of the easiest methods to recommend friend to your Facebook friends. The steps to do so are listed below-
1. Launch the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Search icon.
3. Type the Name of your friend whom you wish to recommend.
4. Then, tap on the Name of your friend from the search results.
5. After that, the profile of your friend will get opened. Here, tap on the three-dotted icon shown on the right-hand side.
6. Tap on the Copy link option.
7. Type the Name of your friend in the Search icon whom you want to suggest.
8. Then, tap on Message.
9. Now, Paste the link in the chat box.
10. Finally, tap on the Send icon.
Also Read: 3 Ways to Give Robux to Friends
Method 1B: On PC/Facebook Website
Follow the steps mentioned below to recommend your friends using PC.
1. Access the Facebook website via your browser and log in to your account.
2. Click on the Search box.
3. Type the Name of your friend who you want to recommend and select it from the search results.
4. Copy the Web Address of your friend’s profile by using the Ctrl+C key combination.
5. Now, open the profile of your friend whom you want to recommend by following the same steps 4 to 6 mentioned in this method.
6. Click on the Message option.
7. By using the Ctrl+V key combination, paste it in the chat box and Send it.
Method 2: By Creating Group
By making a group on Facebook you can send messages to your friends and introduce them. We have listed this method for both PC and Android.
Method 2A: Create Group on PC
This is another method that will resolve your query of how to recommend friends on Facebook using PC. Follow the steps mentioned below on your PC-
1. Visit the Facebook website on your browser.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account on Facebook.
2. Click on the Messenger icon.
3. Now, click on the pencil icon from the chat popup.
4. Type the Name of your friends whom you want to recommend and who you want to get recommended in the To field.
5. Now, type the Message and click on the Send icon.
Method 2B: Create Group on Android
You can make a group on Android by following the steps listed below-
1. Launch Messenger app on your Android.
2. Tap on the Pencil icon.
3. Tap on Create a new group.
4. Select the desired Friends profile.
5. Tap on the NEXT option.
6. Now, Name your new chat.
7. Tap on the CREATE option.
8. After that, Message and introduce them.
Also Read: How to Search Facebook by Phone Number
How to Ask for Recommendations on Facebook?
Sometimes you need suggestions for friends, and it is always great if someone can recommend you. Don’t worry if you don’t have someone in your life, who can suggest to you, but Facebook is there. A feature on Facebook will help you if you are looking for suggestions for friends. If you are thinking about how to ask for recommendations on Facebook, we will help you with that.
There is no Facebook recommend button on Facebook. But Facebook recommended friends are there, and you can add those recommended friends. So, in this guide, we will tell you how to ask for recommendations on Facebook, and the methods listed here will help you to make Facebook recommended friends your friends.
Method 1: Using People You May Know
People you may know option on Facebook gives you friend recommendations and is similar to Facebook recommend button. We have listed this method for both PC and Android.
Method 1A: On Android
Follow the steps below to take recommendations from Facebook-
1. Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon.
3. Then, tap on the Find friends option.
4. Now, you will see People You May Know list.
5. Tap on Add Friend option to make Facebook recommended friends your friends.
Method 1B: On PC/Facebook Website
You can use this method on PC. Follow the steps mentioned below-
1. Navigate to the Facebook website on your browser and Sign in to your account.
2. Click on the Friends option located in the left pane.
3. Now, click on the Suggestions option.
4. After that, you can send a friend request by clicking on the Add Friend option.
- Is PS5 Cross-Platform with Xbox?
- Why is Facebook Taking a While to Post?
- Does Instagram Randomly Follow Accounts?
- How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable
We hope that you learned about how to recommend friends on Facebook. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.