Facebook is the ultimate platform that provides communication among the masses. A great feature of the Social Media giant is the “Share” option. Yes, Facebook provides options to share your post with your friends and family. Sharing Facebook posts is a way to enable members to connect with each other. You can share relevant, humorous, or thought-provoking content with your friends, family, or colleagues. You can even add the post to your timeline so that your friends can see the post.
Whether a post is shareable or not depends on the options set by the author of the post. If any post on Facebook is shareable, then you can find a little “Share” button at the bottom. If there is no such share button, then it means that the original author has not made the post open to the public. They would have to change the post options and enable the feature for you to share their post.
Almost everyone desires attention, and naturally, we want our posts to be shared by people. Social Media Businesses and Influencers depend a lot on the share feature. But how to make a Post of yours on Facebook Shareable? That’s what we are going to peek into. Come on! Let’s explore how.
- How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable?
- 1. Making a New Post Shareable on Facebook From a PC or Laptop
- 2. Making a New Post Shareable Using the Facebook App
- 3. Make Older Facebook Post Shareable From a PC or Laptop
- 4. Make Older Facebook Post Shareable Using the Facebook app
- Why should you set “Public” as your privacy setting?
- How to make more people share posts you’ve made?
To make any post on Facebook Shareable, one should ensure that the privacy settings are set accordingly. When you choose your post visibility to be “Public”, all people, including your friends and people who are not on your Friends List will be able to share your post. By adjusting this you can make either your new posts or the older ones shareable.
Though smartphones have started ruling the field of communication technology, still there are lots of people who use their PC or Laptop to access media platforms such as Facebook.
1. Open your Facebook account on any browser on your PC or Laptop (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.).
2. The first thing that appears is the option to post. It would ask “What’s on your mind, <Name of your Facebook profile>”. Click on that.
3. A small window titled “Create Post” would open up, you can find a Privacy option below the name of your Facebook profile indicating to whom the post is visible (highlighted in the screenshot). Click on the Privacy option to alter the Privacy Setting of the post that you have created now.
4. The Select privacy window would appear. Choose “Public” as the Privacy setting.
That’s it! Now post your content on Facebook.
The option to share will now be visible on your post. Anyone can now use that to share your post with their mates or even share your post to their timelines. Your post can also be shared with Facebook pages or groups on Facebook.
The Facebook app is a boon for smartphone users. This app has a great user interface and is used by more than a billion people. To make your post that you create using the Facebook app shareable, follow the below steps:
1. Open the Facebook app from your smartphone. The first thing you would see is a text box containing the text “Write something here…” When you tap on that, a screen titled “Create Post” would open up.
2. On the “Create Post” screen, you can locate a Privacy option below the name of your Facebook profile indicating to whom the post is visible (highlighted in the screenshot). Click on the Privacy option to alter the Privacy setting of the post that you are going to create.
3. The Select Privacy screen would show up. Choose “Public” as the Privacy Setting and go back to the previous screen.
4. That’s it! Now post your content on Facebook and it will be shared with anyone.
Also Read: How to Find Birthdays on Facebook App?
If you wish to make a post you have shared in the past to be shareable with everyone, here is how to achieve that.
1. On your Timeline, scroll to the post which you want to make shareable. Click on the three-dotted icon on the top-right of the post. (Clicking on your name will display your Timeline).
2. Now choose the Edit post option. You shall find a Privacy option below the name of your Facebook profile indicating to whom the post is visible (highlighted in the screenshot). Click on the Privacy option to alter the Privacy Setting of the post that you have created in the past.
3. The Select Privacy window would show up. Choose “Public” as the Privacy Setting. Done!
4. After you have altered the privacy setting of the post, click on Save to save the post. The post would be saved with the new, changed settings, thus making the post shareable by anyone. This is helpful if you need to make an older post of yours shareable.
1. Scroll and locate the post on your timeline whose settings you are going to modify to make it shareable.
2. To view your Timeline, tap in the Menu of the Facebook app (three horizontal lines on the top-left of the app screen). Then tap on your name to see your profile and a timeline of posts you’ve made so far.
3. Now locate the post on your timeline. Then, tap on the three-dotted icon on the top-right corner of the post and choose the Edit Post option.
4. Nex, tap on the Privacy option that indicates to whom the post is visible. In the Select Privacy screen that opens up, change the setting to “Public”.
5. Now ensure that the setting is reflected on the option and tap on the Save button to save the settings. Now anyone can share that post to groups, pages, their friends, or their timeline.
Why should you set “Public” as your privacy setting?
Due to a recent change made by Facebook, only ‘Public” posts have the “Share” button on them now. You must keep in mind that such posts can be seen by anyone, even by people who are not listed on your Friends list. Remember that if you publish your posts with the privacy level set to “Friends” that will prevent your posts from having the “Share” button.
There are different ways to get more people to share your post on Facebook. You can get people to share your Facebook post by posting content that people want to share with the world. You can achieve this by being humorous, funny, or thought-provoking. Asking out people to share your post can also help. This can help in driving more traffic to your platforms, especially if you run a business. Posting attractive and catchy content is the key to make people share your content.
To change the privacy of all your old posts in one go:
1. Open your Facebook settings or just type www.facebook.com/settings in your browser’s address bar.
2. Select Privacy. Then under “Your Activity” section, select the option meant to Limit the audience for your Facebook posts.
To alter the setting of your future posts:
Select “Who can see your future posts?” option under “Your Activity” section on the Privacy tab of your Settings.
- Fix There are no more posts to show right now on Facebook
- How to See Hidden Photos On Facebook
- How to Search on Google using Image or Video
- 3 Ways to Remove Phone Number from Instagram
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to make your Facebook post shareable. Update your suggestions through the comments. Share this article with your friends if you find this to be helpful. Let us know if you have queries regarding this guide using the comment section below.