Oh, we have something exciting for you. Wouldn’t you want to turn your trash into cash? Your unnecessary items could be treasures for others and what’s better than selling them? Facebook has a large user base thus the Marketplace is an ideal space to reach potential buyers in your local community. So, in today’s article, we will explain how to post a garage sale on Facebook effortlessly. Let’s get started with our lookout for deal seekers.
Table of Contents
How to Create a Garage Sale on Facebook
A sale event helps you showcase & promote your items, set a date and time, and attract interested shoppers. As you can highlight all the necessary details and reach more targeted buyers with tags on Marketplace, it ultimately makes the process of selling easier. Read more to find out how you can create Garage Sale on Facebook, both on Android and the desktop version.
How to Post a Garage Sale on Facebook via Desktop
If you use Facebook on a PC, you can follow the methods given below to post about your garage sale.
Method 1: List on Facebook Marketplace
On Facebook Marketplace, buyers and sellers interact for commodity exchange. As it is linked to your Facebook account, it can be used to post about the sale and find buyers for you. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Facebook on the PC and on the News Feed page, click on Marketplace.
2. Click on Selling on the left, followed by + Create new listing.
3. Now you have to first Choose listing type. Select the appropriate one.
4. Add Photos and in the Required section, fill in the details including Title, Price, Category, Condition, Description, etc.
5. Finally, click on Next and then on the Publish button.
That’s it. The garage sale is now live on the Marketplace and people will view it while scrolling through their news feeds.
Method 2: Create Facebook Post for Garage Sale
Facebook posts and stories are simple and convenient ways to post a garage sale. All you need to do is:
1. Open Facebook and click the What’s on your mind text box.
2. Add the picture and fill in the details about the garage sale.
Note: Make sure that the post audience setting should be Public so that it reaches the maximum number of users. You can also tag your friends who may help you to promote the post.
3. Once everything is done, click on the Post button at the bottom.
Now the people connected to you on Facebook will automatically see your sale post.
Method 3: Use Facebook Events
With Facebook Events, you can invite your friends and also add co-hosts to an event-based garage sale. Follow the steps given below:
1. Open Facebook and click on the See All option from the left panel.
2. Now click on Events and then click on the + Create New Event button.
3. Add the Cover photo, Event name, Start date, and all the other necessary details.
4. Click on the Create event button.
As the event is now published, you can share and promote it via Facebook Messenger. All the people with whom you’ve shared the event can see the garage sale details.
How to Create a Garage Sale on Facebook on Android
Here are the methods that you can follow to post a garage sale on Facebook using an Android device.
Method 1: Create a Listing on Facebook Marketplace
As mentioned above, Facebook Marketplace can help you to post your garage sales. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Facebook app.
2. Tap on Marketplace in the navigation bar, followed by Sell at the top-right corner.
3. Select the type of listing from the list appearing at the bottom.
4. Fill out the details and tap on Publish at the top right corner.
Also Read: How to Add Tags on Facebook Marketplace
Method 2: Post About Garage Sale on News Feed
To reach the general audience, including your friends and followers, it’s best to post about the garage sales on your Facebook feed. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Launch the Facebook app and tap on the Write something here… text box.
2. Add the pictures and details as required.
3. Make sure that the Audience is set to Public and if you have any page, toggle on Share to your Pages? for maximum visibility.
4. Now, tap on Share at the top right corner.
If you are also the admin of multiple groups on Facebook, post it on them as well.
Method 3: Create a Facebook Event
Let’s make the garage sale appear as an event. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. In the Facebook app, tap on the three-line menu option at the bottom-right corner.
2. Tap on Events, followed by the + sign at the top-right corner.
3. Upload the image, fill in the necessary details about the garage sale, and finally tap on Create event.
That’s it! Invite people to the event and host your garage sale.
Recommended: How to Sell Stuff on Amazon
Now that you know how to post a garage sale on Facebook, we hope you can effortlessly attract eager shoppers and connect with them. If you have any queries or suggestions, do leave a comment for us in the box below. For more such tips and tricks, stay connected to TechCult.