Most people like to read books without having to have them as a materialized version. eBooks are way more convenient to carry and read than the normal paperback versions, which can get disfigured due to several reasons. If you don’t like to have books that eventually get creasy with damaged pages, you will enjoy reading the eBooks. MOBI is one of the famous eBook file formats spread all over the internet to give readers flexibility in reading. But first, you have to know how to open MOBI files on Android. Also, there are various apps available to open MOBI files on Android to keep on your reading streak. So read the entire article to understand how to open EPUB and MOBI files on Android.
Table of Contents
How to Open MOBI Files on Android
A MOBI file is a Mobipocket eBook file that is used for storing digital readable files and books. Some of the features of this file format are:
- You can read these files on your mobile device even with low bandwidth.
- MOBI file format is also expanded with PRC standard.
- This format can handle complex content, including indexing support, advanced navigation controls, and high degree compression.
And you will surely require an app to open MOBI files on Android as these file formats are not easily opened by any app. Let us see some of the apps and understand how to open MOBI files on Android with each of them.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. These steps were performed on MIUI 11, as shown in the illustrations below.
1. Use Kindle App
Kindle is one of the most popular apps to read books, magazines, newspapers, etc. You can choose from thousands of books available on this platform while making use of various features mentioned below.
- You can select any book from 1 million of them available.
- It also provides a built-in dictionary and Wikipedia to facilitate the reading experience.
- You can sync a book and read it on multiple devices.
- It allows you to read the first chapter of the book before buying it, making it easier for you to decide whether to buy that book or not.
- You can customize various parameters like brightness, background color, font size, etc., to augment the engagement with a book.
- Kindle supports formats like AZW, MOBI, PDF, TXT, DOCX, DOC, RTF, PSZ, PRC, etc.
Read and follow the upcoming steps to use the Kindle app to open MOBI files on Android.
1. Install the Kindle application on your device from Google Play Store.
2. Open File Manager on your device and tap on the Download folder.
3. Select the downloaded MOBI file in the folder.
4. Tap on the Move option, as shown below.
5. Tap on Internal storage.
6. Tap on the Android folder from the list, as shown below.
7. Tap on the data folder.
8. Find and tap on the Kindle folder named com.amazon.kindle, as shown below.
9. Tap and enter the files folder.
10. Tap on the Paste option to paste the selected MOBI file in this folder.
11. The MOBI file will be moved to the Kindle folder instantly.
12. Now, open the Kindle application on your device, and you will find the moved MOBI file under From Your Library, as shown below.
13. Tap on the file and start reading.
2. Use eReader Prestigio: Book Reader App
is another popular app to open MOBI files on Android. It has some handsome features to flaunt, and some of them are mentioned below.
- This application supports HTML, EPUB, DJVU, MOBI, TXT, ZIP, etc., file formats comfortably.
- It provides you with a text-to-speech feature that can read you the books in various languages.
- You can scan the app library for a specific textbook and file format.
- It also allows you access to an in-built dictionary.
- You can also utilize the night mode to take some stress off of your eyes while reading.
Now, let us look at the steps to know how to open MOBI files on Android with eReader Prestigio.
1. Install the eReader Prestigio application from Google Play Store.
2. Open the application after installation is finished and tap on ALLOW to the pop-up question Allow eReader Prestigio to access photos, media and files on your device? as shown below.
3. Tap on the Skip option to quickly open the MOBI file. You can later log in to the app.
4. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top left corner, as shown below.
5. Tap the Files option from the opened pane.
6. Tap on SD Card, as shown below.
7. Scroll down to find the Download folder and tap on it to open.
8. Find the desired MOBI file from the list and tap on it.
Now, the MOBI file will be opened, and you can read it whenever you want on your device.
Also Read: How to Open GZ File in Windows 10
3. Use Cool Reader App
Cool Reader is an eBook reader application that provides you with some attractive features to augment the reading experience of any file format on your device. Some of those features are:
- It has text to speech (TTS) and online catalogs (OPDS) support.
- Cool Reader automatically reformats TXT files like autodetecting headings, and it can also read books from zip archives.
- You can use a built-in file browser and access recent books quickly.
- This app supports TXT, RTF, MOBI, HTML, DOC, PML, and many other file formats.
The following steps will answer you how to open EPUB and MOBI files on Android question comprehensively.
1. Install the Cool Reader application on your device.
2. Open the application after installation is finished and tap on ALLOW to the pop-up question Allow Cool Reader to access photos, media and files on your device? as depicted below.
3. Tap on the SD option under the Browse file system section, as shown below.
4. Tap to open the Download folder.
5. Scroll down and find the MOBI file you want to open. Tap on it to open.
The desired MOBI file will be opened in the Cool Reader application.
- How to Reset Spectrum Remote
- Fix WhatsApp Video Call Not Working on iPhone and Android
- How to Perform Group Messaging on Android
- 20 Best High Speed Charger for Android
You have now learned how to open MOBI files on Android with the help of the mentioned steps. Any mentioned app to open MOBI files on Android in this article will help you to do the same successfully. You can reach out to us through the comments section below with queries or suggestions you may have about this or any other topics you want help with.