We all know that Discord offers users the option to invite bots to their server, which unlocks additional features and automation. Well, we have one for all the music enthusiasts out here who want to share playlists and relish music together with their server members. Octave offers high-quality audio, playlist support, and volume control, and this article will show how to invite it to Discord and use it to create a vibrant audio experience.
How to Add Octave on Discord
Whether to host virtual listening parties, create music-themed channels, or vibe-to-tunes with your community, look no further than Octave. It is both cost-free and user-friendly and you can even play music from your favorite platforms like Spotify and SoundCloud. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Click on the Octave invite link. This will redirect you to the Discord website.
2. Log in and choose the server to which you want to add the bot.
3. Click on the Continue button at the bottom.
4. Now click on Authorize to grant the permissions and complete the Captcha.
5. Open the Discord app and go to the same server to find the newly added Octave bot.
How to Use Octave Bot on Discord
Octave’s most sought-after feature is its ability to synchronize music with Discord and play it in the channel, providing a communal listening experience for all Discord members present. Now that you have added the bot, follow the steps below to use it.
1. Go to the server where the bot is added and then go to a voice channel.
2. Click on the speaker icon within the channel.
Note: This icon is present within the right sidebar of the channel. Once within the voice channel, it will show as voice connected at the bottom.
3. Type in _join and select the Octave bot.
4. Use the play command to play a song by typing _play and then adding the Spotify or Youtube link of the song.
Why is Octave Bot No Longer Online?
As of 21st September 2021, Octave’s creators made an announcement that the bot was no longer operational. According to the announcement, Octave received a cease-and-desist letter from YouTube, leading to its eventual takedown. This news came after similar fates for other popular music bots such as Rhythm and Groovy.
What are Some Alternatives for Octave Bot?
While Octave is no longer online, there are several alternatives that can fill the void of a reliable music bot on Discord. Some of them are:
- FredBoat: It supports several audio sources, including YouTube and Bandcamp, and has a vast range of commands for a personalized music experience.
- Hydra Bot: This bot offers an extensive range of features, including high-quality audio playback and playlist creation.
- Mee6 Bot: While Mee6 is primarily known for its moderation features, it also offers a music player that can be added to your Discord server. It supports several audio sources, including YouTube and Soundcloud.
- Jockie Music Bot: It is a newcomer in the Discord music bot territory but has quickly gained popularity due to its user-friendly interface and a range of features.
Recommended: How to Record Discord Audio With OBS
This concludes our guide on how to invite Octave to your Discord server. Octave is the perfect tool to bring your server together through shared musical experiences. If you have any other queries or suggestions, you can drop them in the comments section below.