Are you worried about Facebook notifications not working issue on your Android? This guide is for you! Facebook is one of the most popular social media networks in the world and has become an integral part of people’s lives. It was founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg, and since then has grown to become the most widely used social media platform in the world. With over 2 billion active users, Facebook is a powerful platform that can be used for many different purposes. It is an important tool for connecting people and keeping them in touch with each other. It allows users to stay updated on their friends’ life events, share photos and videos, and communicate with each other.
- How to Fix Facebook Notifications Not Working
- What Causes No Notifications on Facebook?
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Method 2: Remove Facebook Cache
- Method 3: Enable Notification Permissions for Facebook
- Method 4: Update Facebook App to Latest Version
- Method 5: Update Android Operating System
- Method 6: Use Facebook on Other Devices or Web Version
- Method 7: Remove & Add Facebook in Accounts Section
- Method 8: Reinstall Facebook
- Method 9: Contact Facebook Support
How to Fix Facebook Notifications Not Working
Facebook notifications however are essential to your Android experience. They keep you informed about new friend requests, messages, comments, and other important information. It’s important to keep your notifications up to date and set up in a way that works for you. But, if there is no notifications on Facebook, you will lose track of progress and any new updates. This guide helps you fix Facebook notifications not loading issue by saving you time and effort.
What Causes No Notifications on Facebook?
- The first reason why Facebook notifications might not be working is that your device isn’t connected to the internet. This is the most obvious cause, and if this is the case, you’ll need to connect your device to a stable internet connection.
- Another common reason for Facebook notifications not working is that you haven’t enabled them in the Facebook app.
- If notifications are enabled, then the next thing to check is whether the app is up to date. If the app is out of date, it might be causing problems with notifications.
- Another thing to check is whether your phone is set up to receive notifications. You can check this in the settings app of your device.
- Finally, if you’re still having issues with notifications, this indicates that there are any temporary corrupt cache files that may be causing the problem.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The said steps were performed on the Redmi phone.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Here are a few basic methods to solve the problem.
1A. Restart Phone
Restarting your phone can help with a variety of issues related to slow performance and connectivity. It’s a simple way to reset the system and make sure that all applications are running normally together. When it comes to fixing Facebook notifications not loading, restarting your device is the way to go! Be patient until your device gets restarted and check if you were able to fix issue.
1B. Disable Battery Saving Mode
Battery saving mode is a great way to conserve energy and preserve your device’s battery life. Unfortunately, it can also lead to unexpected consequences like not receiving notifications on your apps, such as Facebook. In this article, we will discuss why there is a need to disable battery-saving mode and explain how to fix no notifications on Facebook. Many people rely heavily on notifications for staying up-to-date with their friends and family, so this issue should be addressed immediately.
1. Pull up/down your home screen to launch the Notification drawer.
2. Ensure the Battery saver setting is not turned on. If so, tap on the setting to disable the setting.
After ensuring the battery saver mode is not turned on, check if you were able to use Facebook on Android without any issues.
1C. Sign Out & Sign in Again
After implementing the above methods, still, if you face the issue, there is another simple hack that will help you fix the issue. Just, log out of your Facebook account and sign in again after some time.
1. Launch Home Screen on your device and tap on Facebook. Then, tap on the menu icon at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Now, tap on Log out as depicted.
3. Be patient and wait until you are logged out of your Facebook account.
4. Reboot your Android and tap on your Facebook account to log in again.
Then, re-signing into your account, check if you have fixed Facebook issue on Android.
1D. Wait for Server Uptime
With an increasing reliance on social media to keep us connected, it is essential to know if the server is down when experiencing any issues. This method will discuss why there is a need to check if Facebook server is down and how to fix any notification problems on the platform.
1. Open your browser and visit the official site of Downdetector.
2. Make sure you get the message, User reports indicate no current problems at Facebook on the screen.
2A. If you receive this message, then there is no issue with the server. You have to follow the below-mentioned methods to fix the same.
2B. If there are any other messages or prompts, you have to wait until the server is back to normal and Facebook crashing Android issue is resolved or not.
1E. Troubleshoot Internet Connection
When using Facebook, your device needs to be connected to a network in order to access the Facebook servers and receive notifications. If there is an issue with your device’s connection to the network, it can cause notifications to stop working. For example, if your device is not connected to a Wi-Fi network or if the connection is not strong enough, it can cause notifications to stop working.
In order to troubleshoot this issue, the first step is to check your network connection. If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, make sure the connection is strong and reliable. If you are connected to a mobile data network, make sure the connection is stable and the signal is strong. You can also try connecting to a different network to see if that solves the issue. Also, if you use a VPN service, turn it off and check if this fixes Facebook keeps crashing issue. Follow the below-mentioned steps to check your mobile data is turned on or not.
1. Open the Home Screen on your Android and tap the Settings app.
2. Now, tap the SIM cards & mobile networks option as depicted.
3. Now, turn on the Mobile data option as shown.
4. If you are not within your geographical location, you can also use the roaming network. To do this, tap on Advanced settings as depicted.
Note: Your internet carrier will charge you an additional fee if you want to use international data roaming feature.
5. Then, turn on International roaming and select the setting to Always as depicted.
6. Now, tap on Data roaming.
7. Next, confirm the prompt by tapping Turn on as depicted.
Finally, check if you were able to fix Facebook notifications not loading issue. Still, if you did not get a solution, follow the below mentioned methods.
1F. Enable Background Data
One of the main reasons why Facebook notifications may not be working is because of an issue with background data. Background data is a feature of our smartphones that allows certain apps to run in the background and receive updates even when we’re not actively using them. This helps keep us up to date with the latest news, notifications, and updates from our favourite apps. Follow the below-mentioned steps to enable background data on Android.
1. Tap on the Settings app as you did in the above methods.
2. Then, tap on Apps.
3. Next, tap on Manage apps and then tap on Facebook.
4. Now, tap on Restrict data usage.
5. Select all three options under Restrict data usage menu and tap OK.
Now, your device can connect to the network even if battery saver mode is on. This will fix the discussed Facebook issue.
1G. Force Close Facebook
Force closing an app is a process that involves completely closing the app and then restarting it. This can help to resolve any temporary issues with the app, including Facebook push notifications not working. It’s also important to note that force closing an app is not the same as uninstalling it. Follow the below-mentioned steps to force close Facebook.
1. Navigate to Settings as you did before.
2. Then, tap on Apps.
3. Next, on Manage apps followed by Facebook as shown.
4. Here, tap on Force stop as depicted.
5. Finally, tap on OK to confirm the prompt as depicted.
Now, relaunch Facebook and check if you can fix the discussed issue or not.
If you have not attained any fix for the Facebook notification issue by following these basic troubleshooting methods, proceed to the next advanced solutions.
Also Read: How To Deactivate Facebook Messenger
Method 2: Remove Facebook Cache
Facebook caches data on your device in order to reduce the amount of data that needs to be loaded when you open the app or website. Over time, this cached data can build up, leading to slower performance and even buggy behaviour. By removing the Facebook cache, you can help to ensure that the latest version of the Facebook software is being used and that the notifications are working as they should.
Follow the steps in our guide How to Clear Cache on Facebook to clear the Facebook cache manually on your Android.
Method 3: Enable Notification Permissions for Facebook
If you have not granted permissions for Facebook to show the notifications on your Android, then, you might face no notifications on Facebook issue. Follow our guide to Fix Android Notifications Not Showing Up to enable Facebook notifications on your Android.
Also Read: How To Fix Facebook Dating Is Not Working
Method 4: Update Facebook App to Latest Version
As such, it is essential for Facebook to keep its app updated with the latest version to ensure users have the optimum experience. Unfortunately, many users have experienced issues where their Facebook notifications are not working properly. In order to fix this problem, there is a need to update the Facebook app to the most recent version.
1. Go to your Home Screen, search for Play Store and open it.
2. Then, type Facebook in the search menu as depicted.
3A. If the app needs an update, tap the Update option.
3B. If the app is already in its latest version, you will see only the Open and Uninstall options. In this case, switch to the next method.
4. Wait until updates are installed on your device and check if you can fix Facebook push notifications not working issue.
Method 5: Update Android Operating System
Many users have reported that their Facebook notifications not working issue, which is a significant disruption to their daily lives. Fortunately, the answer to this problem may lie in updating the Android Operating System (OS). 3 Ways to Check for Updates on your Android Phone guide will discuss why there is a need to update the Android OS in order to fix Facebook notifications not loading issue.
After updating Android OS, check if you can fix no notifications on Facebook issue.
Method 6: Use Facebook on Other Devices or Web Version
Still, if you did not attain any fix for Facebook notifications not working issue, you must be careful in analyzing if the issue is with your phone or the app itself.
1. Log in to your Facebook account on some other Android device and check if you face issue.
1A. If you did not face Facebook issue on some other phone, this indicates app related issue that could only be fixed by reinstalling the app on your phone.
1B. If you face the same issue on another device, then you must follow the app- troubleshooting methods that are listed in this article to fix the problem.
2. Also, try using the web version and check if you can fix no notifications on Facebook on Android.
Method 7: Remove & Add Facebook in Accounts Section
If you are having difficulty with Facebook notifications not working, removing and adding your account may be the best solution. This method will provide you with easy step-by-step instructions on how to remove and add your Facebook account in order to fix any notification issues. Here are a few simple steps to remove your Facebook account from Android and to re-add it later.
1. Tap the Settings app on your phone.
2. In the Settings screen, tap Accounts & sync as depicted.
3. Then, tap Facebook.
4. Now, tap the More option.
5. Then, tap Remove account.
Wait until the Facebook account is removed from your Android and restart your phone. Then, sign in to Facebook again and check if you have fixed the Facebook issue.
Method 8: Reinstall Facebook
If none of the methods have helped you fix the issue, you have to reinstall the app to resolve this. This method must be undertaken only if you do not have to get any fix by any other methods.
Note: When you reinstall Facebook, your data and messages will be deleted. Make sure you back up the necessary data before you follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Go to Play Store and search Facebook.
2. Then, tap Uninstall.
3. Wait until Facebook is entirely deleted from your Android. Once done, again search for Facebook and tap Install.
4. Once, Facebook has been installed on your device, tap Open as depicted.
5. Finally, restore your data (if you want to do so) and check if you can fix Facebook push notifications not working is fixed or not.
Also Read: How to Send Music on Facebook Messenger
Method 9: Contact Facebook Support
The reliability of Facebook notifications has been a major source of frustration for many users. Recently, users have been reporting that their notifications are not loading correctly or at all, making the experience of using Facebook much less enjoyable. This is why it is becoming increasingly necessary to contact Facebook support in order to find a potential solution. Whether you’re having trouble receiving notifications, or haven’t received any updates in a while, getting in touch with Facebook support may be your best bet for fixing the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why am I not getting notifications even though they are turned on?
Ans. The first reason why Facebook notifications might not be working is that your device isn’t connected to the internet. This is the most obvious cause, and if this is the case, you’ll need to connect your device to a stable internet connection. Another common reason for is that you haven’t enabled them in the Facebook app. If notifications are enabled, then the next thing to check is whether the app is up to date. If the app is out of date, it might be causing problems with notifications.
Q2. How do I fix Facebook notification settings?
Ans. Open Facebook app, then tap on Settings. Tap Notifications below Preferences. Tap to adjust how you get notifications and what you get notified about.
- 11 Ways to Fix Microsoft Teams Running Slow
- How to Get More Matches on Tinder
- How to Recover Deleted Facebook Posts
- How to Find Someone On Facebook Using An Email Address
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you have learned how to fix Facebook notifications not working issue on your device. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know which topic you want us to explore next.