Oh, is your HP Pavilion dv6-6000 laptop running as fast as a crawling tortoise? Well, in that case, you might be in need of some updated drivers. Even if the PC might be a performance powerhouse when it comes to hardware, without the right drivers, it’s like having a Ferrari with an empty tank. We’ll help you fuel up the tank again with a nitro boost. This article will guide you on how to download drivers for your HP Pavilion dv6-6000 laptop running on Windows 10 or 11. Let’s get started.
How to Download Drivers for HP Pavilion dv6-6000
Hardware and software, both contribute towards an optimal performance of the system. Regardless of the fact that the PC still retains great on-table specifications, the benchmarks are only as good as the software that runs it, i.e., the drivers. Here are a few methods you can download and update them.
Method 1: Update Windows on the PC
Microsoft regularly releases driver updates to improve compatibility, performance, and security. When you run Windows Update, it scans the system and identifies hardware components & software that may require updates. Follow the steps below to do that:
1. Open Settings on the PC and move to the Windows Update tab.
2. Click on Check for updates and wait until Windows scans for available updates.
3. If there are any updates available, click on Download & install.
4. Restart the PC to install the updates.
Method 2: Using Device Manager
Device Manager shows all the external and internal hardware components attached to the PC and allows users to manage & update the drivers manually through it. If you are facing issues with any specific driver or all, follow the steps below:
1. Open Device Manager on the PC.
2. Expand the hardware category whose driver you want to update and then right-click on the exact component.
In our case, we have shown a demonstration for the Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCle Adapter.
3. Select Update driver from the context menu.
4. Select Search automatically for drivers in the pop-up and wait until the driver is updated.
5. Restart the PC once done.
Also Read: Are Old Laptops Worth Anything?
Method 3: Download Drivers via HP Official Website
Some users prefer to only update specific drivers, such as graphics or audio drivers, rather than updating everything at once, which you can easily do via the official website. Follow the steps to download drivers for your HP Pavilion dv6-6000 laptop:
1. Launch the official HP support website on a browser
2. Move the cursor to the Support tab and click on Software and Drivers.
3. Select Laptop and then click on Let HP detect your product.
You can also enter the serial number in the text field, i.e., dv6-6000, and select the appropriate model.
4. On the pop-up with the message: This website is about to initiate a product section – do you wish to proceed? click on OK.
5. Once the product is identified, click on select it.
6. Expand the Identify and select OS drop-down menu and select the correct one. Similarly, Select the version.
7. Click on Detect my drivers, followed by Yes to confirm.
Note: You can also expand the Driver – Network tab to see all the network-related drivers for your PC.
8. In the Critical section, you will see the drivers that are required to be downloaded. Click on Download next to each one after another.
9. Now follow the on-screen instructions and once all drivers are installed, Restart the PC.
Method 4: Update Drivers via HP Support Assistant
HP Support Assistant is a software application provided by HP for its users. It is designed to help users maintain and optimize their PCs, including tasks such as updating drivers and performing system maintenance. Follow the steps below:
1. Launch the official HP Support Assistant website on any web browser.
2. In the top right corner, click on Download HP Support Assistant 9.
Note: The app version number might be different in your case.
3. Once downloaded, install the app on the PC.
4. Now, launch the HP Support Assistant app and click on Create account/Sign in.
5. Click on Sign up, enter your credentials, and click on Continue.
6. In the dashboard, click on Updates and HP Support Assistant will analyze the system.
7. If there are any available driver updates, tick the checkbox next to it and click on Download & install.
8. Click on Download & install again.
9. If prompted. Restart the PC to complete the installation.
Method 5: Using Thrid-Party Software
Lastly, you can also download the required drivers on the laptop from third-party software such as Bit Driver Updater.
We hope our guide helped you download HP Pavilion dv6 drivers on Windows 10/11. If you have any other queries or suggestions for us, please feel free to share them in the comments section. Stay tuned to TechCult for more such tips and solutions.