Windows 11 is designed for games as claimed by Microsoft. Xbox Game Pass is one of the most notable additions to Windows 11 that Microsoft has advertised. It offers a variety of games for a low monthly fee. Minecraft has also been added to the Xbox Game Pass library recently. Minecraft has developed a Minecraft Launcher for Windows 11 systems. Today, we bring to you a helpful guide on how to download and install Minecraft & its launcher on Windows 11.
Table of Contents
How to Download and Install Minecraft on Windows 11
You can play Minecraft in your Windows 11 system using Minecraft Launcher. It is available in the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app.
What is Minecraft Launcher?
Minecraft Launcher is essentially a one-stop point for the many Minecraft versions available to Windows users. Before this, Windows 10 and 11 users had to access various versions independently. Notably, Minecraft: Education Edition will not be accessible via the Minecraft Launcher. The left panel in Minecraft Launcher allows you to choose between the following editions:
- Minecraft (Bedrock Edition)
- Minecraft: Java Edition
- Minecraft Dungeons
This will come as a welcome relief to new users who are perplexed by the many versions. The comfort comes in particular with the Xbox Game Pass for new gamers. So, you do not have to figure out which version to buy or suffer the consequences of purchasing the incorrect one. With an Xbox Game Pass, you will have access to all of the titles in this package, including all three editions:
It might also be a good idea to learn How to Enable Minecraft Controller Support.
Note: However, if you do not have an Xbox Game Pass, you will have to purchase the individual applications separately. You would have to decide which edition you want to play or buy both.
- The Bedrock Edition is the cross-platform version that allows you to play on consoles and mobile devices.
- The Java Edition includes Minecraft mods and is more likely to be owned by PC gamers.
Minecraft encourages consumers to wait a bit longer before purchasing both versions. Users who possess Minecraft: Java Edition will be able to access Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) in the future, and vice versa. However, Minecraft: Dungeons will not be included in this Minecraft PC Bundle.
Must Read: How to Download Hextech Repair Tool
How to Use Your Current Game Data
- When you log in to your account, the new launcher will instantly recognize your saved files, allowing you to take up the game exactly where you left off.
- However, if you use a launcher or game mod, you must migrate them to the installation folder for the new Minecraft Launcher before uninstalling the earlier one.
It might interest you to read How to Play Classic Minecraft on Browser.
You can download Minecraft Launcher either through Microsoft Store or Xbox app, as discussed below.
Method 1: Through Microsoft Store
Here’s how to download and install Minecraft on Windows 11 through Microsoft Store:
1. Click on the Search icon and type Microsoft Store, then click on Open.
2. In the Microsoft Store window, search for Minecraft Launcher in the search bar.
3. Select Minecraft Launcher from the search results.
4. Click on Install to install Minecraft Launcher on your computer.
5. You can also get the Xbox Game Pass for PC app if you do not own one yet, as depicted below.
Also Read: How to Use Minecraft Colors Codes
Method 2: Through Xbox App
Follow the steps mentioned below to download and install Minecraft in Windows 11 via Xbox app:
1. Click on the Search icon and type Xbox. Click on the Xbox app under Apps to launch it.
2. Type Minecraft Launcher in the search bar at the top and press the Enter key.
3. Select Minecraft Launcher from the search results, as shown.
4. Click on Install to start the downloading after choosing the Minecraft edition of your choice.
5. After the installation is completed, click on Play.
- How to Enable Camera on Omegle
- 9 Best Calendar Apps for Windows 11
- How to Enable Narrator Caps Lock Alert in Windows 11
- How to Add Microsoft Games to Steam
The company hopes that by releasing Minecraft Launcher, people will realize how serious they are about PC as a gaming platform. Even if you feel a bit confused at first, the application is guaranteed to make the entire experience of playing Minecraft on PC a lot smoother. It will also receive updates directly from the Microsoft Store, so that element is also going to be much more simplified. We hope you found this article interesting and helpful about how to download and install Minecraft Launcher & Texture Packs on Windows 11. You can send your suggestions and queries in the comment section below. We would love to know which topic you want us to explore next.
3 thoughts on “How to Download and Install Minecraft on Windows 11”
i cant log in to my acc in Minecraft. in launcher it say that error occured
This was way way more easier than i thought! Thanks for the help!
Not Support in Windows 11.