TikTok is a short video-sharing platform we are all aware of. This platform has more than 1 billion active users worldwide, making it one of the biggest social media platforms. You can create your own video and post it so that users worldwide can see your talent and creativity through this medium. TikTok has many features, like duets, stitches, etc., that help you create interesting videos. Are you a TikTok user who doesn’t use this platform often and is wondering how to delete TikTok account? Or permanently delete your TikTok account in simple steps? Stick around till the end to get the answers! Also, you will get to learn how to find your old TikTok account and how to delete old TikTok account without logging in.
Table of Contents
How to Delete TikTok Account
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to delete TikTok account with and without logging in in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
You can delete your TikTok account with the help of the following steps:
2. Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner, as shown below.
4. Then, tap on Settings and privacy.
5. Tap the Manage account option from the menu.
6. Tap on the Delete account option from the Account control section.
7. Choose the I’m leaving temporarily option and tap on the Continue option from the bottom.
8. Select the terms and conditions radio button and tap on Continue.
Note: If you want, you can make a backup of your account data by tapping on Request download.
9. Again, tap on the Continue option after reading the consequences.
10. Enter the verification code sent to your mobile number and tap on Delete account.
11. Again, tap on Delete in the pop-up to confirm your deletion.
You can temporarily disable your TikTok account for 30 days from the Settings and privacy section of the app. Read and follow our guide on How Do I Temporarily Disable TikTok to learn the detailed steps for this procedure.
Here is a guide on how you can permanently delete your TikTok account in a few easy steps.
1. Launch TikTok and tap on the profile icon from the bottom right corner.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon > Settings and privacy.
3. Tap on Manage account > Delete account, as shown below.
4. Select the I’m leaving temporarily option from the list and tap on Continue.
5. Tap on the radio button to accept the terms and conditions.
6. Then, tap on Continue, as shown above.
7. Again, tap on Continue and enter the verification code sent to your mobile number.
8. Finally, tap on Delete account > Delete from the pop-up to confirm your deletion.
You can delete your TikTok account from your phone through the TikTok mobile app. Follow the steps mentioned above to perform the steps to do same on your app.
How rarely do we get the answer to the question in the asked question itself? TikTok deletes inactive accounts where users have not signed into the account for a long time. TikTok encourages its users to actively use their accounts. If an account remains inactive for more than 180 days, the username of that account will be reset to a random numeric value. And if an account stays inactive for a month after those 180 days, that account will be deleted from the database to save some space. So, you can delete your old account by not logging in to it for more than seven months.
It is hard to remove the account if you don’t have access to the registered phone number or email. There would be no way to demonstrate that the account belongs to you without the phone number, email address, or password. So, TikTok won’t be able to delete your account as a result.
Below are the steps to delete your TikTok account from your iPhone.
1. Launch the TikTok application on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the profile icon > hamburger icon.
3. Next, tap on Settings and privacy.
4. Tap the Manage account >Delete account options.
5. Select the I’m leaving temporarily option and tap on Continue, as shown below.
6. Choose the terms and conditions radio button.
7. Tap on Continue.
8. Enter the verification code sent to your mobile number in the given field.
9. Then, tap on Delete account.
10. Lastly, to confirm the deletion process, tap on Delete from the pop-up.
Also Read: How to Delete Someone Else’s TikTok Account
When you try to delete your TikTok account, it is not permanently deleted instantly. When you request account deletion, it first disables that account for 30 days and then deletes all your account data permanently. You can also ask for a data backup if you want so. TikTok allows you to reactivate your account within 30 days of deleting it. So, it takes 30 days to delete the account.
How Can You Find Your Old TikTok Account?
You can find your TikTok account by logging into that account with the help of the account credentials. you can find and reactivate your TikTok account with the help of the following steps.
Note: You can only reactivate TikTok within 30 days of deactivation.
1. Open the TikTok app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on the Log in option from the bottom of the screen, as shown below.
4. Next, tap on Use phone / email / username.
5A. Enter your Phone number and tap on Send code. Enter the received code in the subsequent field.
5B. You can also enter your Email / Username and tap on Log in.
6. Finally, tap on the Reactivate option to successfully get your old account back.
Also Read: How to Delete Your Comments on TikTok
How Do You Access Your old TikTok Account?
You can access your old TikTok account by logging back into it. But you can only do this within 30 days after the account deletion. You can follow the steps mentioned above to access your old account.
There’s no exact number that when met will delete a TikTok account. This all depends on the severity of the violation of that account. If TikTok found a user violating the guidelines, it won’t need to be reported as they will immediately ban that account. You can follow our guide on How Many Reports are Needed to Delete TikTok Account to learn more.
- Mad City Music Codes: Redeem Now
- How to Delete FanFiction.Net Account
- What Happens to Deleted TikToks?
- How Can You Delete Adobe Account
So, we hope you have understood how to delete TikTok account with and without logging in with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.