Technology is still relatively new for us while some people around are either too old or new to it. This gap that exists makes it difficult for older people to use modern gadgets as using a smartphone is still a challenge for many. And it is not just the old people but even people from rural areas or those who reside in tier 2 and tier 3 cities who also find technology challenging to use. With this challenge in place, striving for a digital India becomes even harder. Today all businesses are trying to move online, be it your credit card, payment apps, education, etc. So, while one-half of the population is catching up with these changes in no time, the other half is still lagging behind. Thus, today is about taking a small step forward in this heavy technology world. In this article, we will make you understand how to delete PhonePe history permanently and why is transaction not showing in PhonePe history.
How to Delete PhonePe History Permanently
You will get to learn how to delete PhonePe history permanently further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
PhonePe is a digital payment and financial technology company and its app is based on the Unified Payments Interface. The app is currently available for Android and iOS users and has over 35 crore users. The company is currently owned by Flipkart, which is owned by Walmart. Do you want to pay the bills? PhonePe has got you covered. Want to send money to someone? Again, PhonePe has got you covered. Want to invest, recharge, or buy gold? Again, PhonePe does that too! So, you see, PhonePe is this app that you can use to get done quite a few things. And, it’s totally free!
Also Read: How to Hide or Delete Amazon Order History
What are the Pros and Cons of Using the PhonePe App?
When you have an app that makes your life easy, there are always going to be reasons for it to be appreciated and welcomed. However, when the same app deals with money and other things, there will also be heavy scrutiny on it, subjecting it to some issues. PhonePe fits the bill in both categories; thus, it comes with pros and cons. So, let’s see the pros and cons of this app before learning how to delete PhonePe history permanently.
Below are the pros of using the PhonePe app for your transactions and other finance-related activities.
- The PhonePe app brings convenience to your life. You can sit comfortably at your home and make payments, get a recharge, and get a lot more done with just a tap at any time of the day. You open the app and have everything right there in front of you. Just select the option you want and proceed with it. You also get a confirmation message for the same.
- Payments are hassle-free as just one scan of a QR code is enough to send money directly to the seller’s account. Again, you get a confirmation for the same. Payments can be made through your cards, wallet, or bank accounts, which also makes the process flexible.
- With the PhonePe app, you get the autopay and reminder feature. In the former feature, your bills are taken care of automatically by the app. Once you have made a payment for a certain utility the first time, you can select the autopay feature and next time the app takes care of such bills itself. The reminder feature reminds you about a bill or payment that you were supposed to make.
- PhonePe is a UPI platform and thus is safe for making payments free of cost. Only transferring money from a bank account to your wallet is chargeable.
- PhonePe app allows you to access the apps of other top companies. Ola, Dominoes, IRCTC, OYO Hotels, and lots of other apps can be accessed from the PhonePe app by using the switch feature. You can also use the wallet of other apps through the PhonePe app. Airtel, Jio, and the wallet of many other apps are accessible to you via this app and none of your data is passed to third-party apps.
Let’s now also see cons of this app before getting onto the procedure to delete PhonePe history permanently.
Now, let’s see what are the cons of using the PhonePe app.
- One problem that is constant with this and every other payment app is the time issue. Sometimes a transaction can be pending for days and won’t process. Not to mention it can also leave you panicking about your funds.
- Another issue is that sometimes the payment is done from your side of the transaction but does not show up on the receiver’s end. And again this might take some time to get resolved. Once more you are left worrying about the transaction made via the app.
- Refunds and PhonePe don’t go hand in hand. You book your tickets using the app, then cancel them using the app. In this case, the nominal charges are cut, and the rest is refunded to your account. However, if the service provider cancels the booking, you can forget about getting a refund. It becomes a bureaucratic process, and you find yourself moving back and forth with concerned parties only to not get a refund on technicalities.
- Apart from Paytm, all these payment apps don’t have any provision to give you interest on the amount stored in their wallet. Basically, your money is sitting ideal and that does not benefit you in any way.
When you weigh these pros and cons, some might feel that there are more benefits than harm and some might feel the other way around. Therefore, it becomes a matter of individual choice if you want to proceed or not with using such apps. However, it is best that you take everything with a pinch of salt and also verify everything that you read and don’t blindly trust it.
Also Read: Where Do Permanently Deleted Photos Go?
Why is Transaction Not Showing in PhonePe History?
You cannot see transactions older than 1 year on the PhonePe app. To access the older transaction on your PhonePe app, you will have to contact PhonePe support and request the history from a specific time frame.
Chances are that when using one such app, you might want to delete the app history to make space for new transactions. Or you just might want to eliminate certain transactions and this is where you ask how to delete PhonePe history. By following the steps mentioned below, you will be easily able to delete PhonePe history.
1. Open the PhonePe app on your phone.
2. Tap on the History tab from the bottom right corner, as shown below.
3. Tap on the desired transaction you wish to delete from the list.
4. Tap on the Contact PhonePe Support option, as depicted below.
5. Now, type and explain the reason for deletion of the history, like I would like to delete this transaction history because…
6. Then, you have to send the typed-out text, which will, in turn, create a new ticket for the said request.
The PhonePe support team will contact you within 48 hours for the verification and confirmation of the request. After this, the desired transaction history will get deleted. This way, you can delete the transaction history from the PhonePe app. You can also delete multiple transaction histories at once by selecting and sending the message for all those transactions to the PhonePe support team.
How to Delete PhonePe Transaction History Permanently?
Sometimes we don’t want certain transaction history on our list and want to get rid of it entirely. You can do that on your PhonePe app. For that, you will have to contact the PhonePe support team and request the deletion of the transaction history maybe with a reason. Follow the steps mentioned above to delete the PhonePe transaction history permanently from your PhonePe app.
- How to Uninstall Boxbe
- How Can You Delete Amazon Photos Account
- How to Delete Uber History
- Fix Transaction cannot be completed in Google Play Store
So, we hope you have understood how to delete PhonePe history with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.