Steam is inarguably one of the leading vendors in the world of video games. Every day, thousands of transactions occur on the platform as more and more people purchase their favorite games. However, these transactions aren’t exactly smooth for all the users. If you find yourself struggling to buy a particular title but can’t seem to complete the purchase, read ahead to find out how you can fix the pending transaction error on Steam and resume gaming without any issues.
- How to Fix Pending Transaction Steam Error
- Why is My Steam Transaction Pending?
- Method 1: Confirm the Status of Steam Servers
- Method 2: Cancel all Pending Transactions in Purchase History
- Method 3: Try Purchasing through Steam Website
- Method 4: Disable All VPN and Proxy Services
- Method 5: Try Different Payment Method to Fix Pending Transaction
- Method 6: Contact Steam Support
How to Fix Pending Transaction Steam Error
Why is My Steam Transaction Pending?
When it comes to payments and purchases, Steam has a reputation for being incredibly safe and reliable. Therefore, if you find yourself struggling with a transaction, there’s a high chance that the error has been caused by your side.
Two of the most common issues that cause the pending transaction error on Steam are poor connectivity and incomplete payments. Additionally, the error could be caused by a problem in the Steam server, causing all payments to halt. Regardless of the nature of the issue, the steps mentioned below will guide you through the process and help you regain payment functionality on Steam.
Method 1: Confirm the Status of Steam Servers
Steam sales, although amazing for the users, can be very taxing on the servers of the company. If you bought your game during such a sale or even during high activity hours, a slower Steam server could be to blame.
In situations like these, the best thing you can do is wait for a while. The servers may be functioning slowly and affecting your transaction. If patience is not your strong suit, you can check the status of the Steam servers on the unofficial Steam Status website. Here, note if all the servers indicate normal functioning. If they do, you are good to go. You can eliminate poor servers as the cause of pending transactions in Steam.
Method 2: Cancel all Pending Transactions in Purchase History
If your transaction is still pending after 15-20 minutes, it is time to head to the purchase history menu of steam and clear all transactions. From here, you can cancel your current transaction and try it again, or you can cancel all pending transactions to open up room for new payments.
1. On your browser, head to the official website of Steam and login with your credentials.
2. If you log in for the first time, you might have to complete the double authentication process by entering a code that comes through your mail.
3. Once you reach the login page of Steam, click on the small arrow next to your username in the top right corner.
4. From the list of options that appear, click on ‘Account details.’
5. The first panel within Account Details should be ‘Store and Purchase History.’ A few options will be visible on the right side of this panel. Click on ‘View purchase history’ to continue.
6. This will reveal a list of all your transactions through steam. A transaction is incomplete if it is ‘Pending Purchase’ in the Type column.
7. Click on the incomplete transaction to get help with the purchase.
8. In the purchase options for the game, click on ‘Cancel transaction.’ This will cancel the transaction and, based on your mode of payment, refund the amount either directly to your source or your Steam wallet.
Also Read: 4 Ways to Make Steam Download Faster
Method 3: Try Purchasing through Steam Website
With the purchase canceled, you might be compelled to try again. This time rather than using the Steam application on your PC, try completing the purchase from the website. The website version gives you an added level of reliability with the same interface.
Method 4: Disable All VPN and Proxy Services
Steam takes security and privacy very seriously, and all malpractices are instantly blocked. Although using a VPN service isn’t illegal, Steam does not allow purchases through a fake IP address. If you happen to use a VPN or a proxy service on your PC, switch them off and try purchasing it again.
Method 5: Try Different Payment Method to Fix Pending Transaction
If the Steam application continues to show the pending transaction error despite your best efforts, then the error probably lies with your mode of payment. Your bank might be down, or the funds in your account might have been blocked. In situations like these, try contacting your bank or wallet service and purchasing the game through another mode of payment.
Method 6: Contact Steam Support
If all the methods have been tried and fix pending transaction error on Steam still survives, then the only option is to contact customer support services. Your account might be facing some turbulence resulting in faulty payment services. Steam has one of the most user-friendly customer care services and will get back to you soon as they find a fix.
- 12 Ways to Fix Steam Won’t Open Issue
- How to Change Steam Account Name
- Fix Steam Error Failed to load steamui.dll
- How to Type Characters with Accents on Windows
Pending transactions on Steam can be frustrating, especially when you are eagerly looking forward to playing the new game you purchased. However, with the steps mentioned above, you should be able to resume your gaming with ease.
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix the pending transaction Steam error. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.