Vudu is an American video streaming service and a digital store owned by Fandango Media. Initially, Fandango Media focused on a digital media player known as the Vudu box. But in 2010, the company decided to abandon the hardware and just focus on the media streaming service. Unlike other media streaming services, Vudu offers subscription-free service, and some of the content is also available for free on Vudu. This article will discuss Vudu monthly fee, how to organize your Vudu movies and how to delete movies from Vudu, if needed.
Table of Contents
- How to Delete Movies from Vudu
- Will Vudu Be Around Forever?
- How to Organize Your Vudu Movies?
- Can You Delete a Movie from Vudu?
- How Can You Delete Movies from Vudu?
- How Can You Delete Downloaded Movies on Vudu?
- How Can You Delete a Device from Vudu?
- Is Vudu Owned by Walmart?
- Is Vudu Free on Roku?
- Does Vudu Have a Monthly Fee?
- Is It Free to Make a Vudu Account?
- How Much is Vudu Fandango a Month?
- How Many Times Can You Watch a Rented Movie on Vudu?
How to Delete Movies from Vudu
Users can rent or purchase a movie or TV show by paying a one-time fee. You can also manage and organize your watching list in the Vudu mobile app and/or on the website. Also, you can watch your downloaded movies anywhere on the go. Moreover, you can delete movies from Vudu from the Manage Download section of the movie details page. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Will Vudu Be Around Forever?
Yes, based on the current situation, Vudu is doing well, and there are no telltale signs of shutting down. Though the ownership did shift in 2010, it didn’t affect Vudu’s popularity much. The extension of Vudu services on other media devices is only expanding the business of Vudu. Therefore, considering all the situations, there is no shutting down for Vudu in sight.
Note: Make sure you are logged in to the Vudu app on your device beforehand.
How to Organize Your Vudu Movies?
To organize your Vudu movies, you need to organize them using lists. And to create a list, you can follow these upcoming steps:
1. Open Vudu app on your device.
2. Choose the MY VUDU option from the top left corner, as shown below.
3. Then, select the Lists tab.
4. Select the New List option.
5. Enter the name of your list and choose DONE.
6. Now, select the newly created list and hit the SEARCH TO ADD option.
Note: You can also add the movies you already own by selecting the LIST option from the movie pages.
7. Search for desired movies and select LIST option to add them to this list.
Also Read: How to Share Vudu Library
Can You Delete a Movie from Vudu?
Yes, you can delete a movie from Vudu but only those movies which are on your list. The movies available on Vudu can’t be deleted. They can only be downloaded and watched. You can also delete the downloaded movies from your downloads list.
Deleting a movie from your downloads or your playlist will not be deleted from the Vudu and it will still be there for you to watch and download anytime.
How Can You Delete Movies from Vudu?
To delete movies from your Vudu list, follow these below-listed steps:
1. Launch the Vudu app on your device.
2. Select the MY VUDU > Movies tab.
3. Choose and hold the desired movie from the continue watching list that you wish to delete.
4. Hit the Remove from list option in the pop-up menu.
Also Read: How to Delete Profiles on Hulu
How Can You Delete Downloaded Movies on Vudu?
Note: This method is applicable to only selected devices that feature Vudu.
To delete downloaded movies on Vudu, follow these steps:
1. Open Vudu and log in.
2. Navigate to the downloaded movie you wish to delete.
3. Hit the Manage Download from the details page of that movie as shown.
4. Select the Delete HDX From Disk option to delete the downloaded movie from your Vudu disk.
Note: You can delete any movie with the HDX, SD, or HD quality.
Also Read: How to Delete Items From Continue Watching On Netflix?
How Can You Delete a Device from Vudu?
You can deactivate your device from your Vudu account with the help of the following steps:
1. Sign in to your existing account from Vudu website with your Vudu Email and Vudu Password.
2. Click on your account name from the top right corner.
3. Then, click on Account Settings as shown.
4. From the My Account section, click on the Sign Out button shown highlighted.
5. Then, click on OK for the Deactivate This Device popup to successfully remove this device from your Vudu account.
Also Read: How to Remove a Device from Apple ID
Is Vudu Owned by Walmart?
No, Vudu is not owned by Walmart. Fandango Media is the original owner of the Vudu app.
- But in 2010, they sold it to Walmart and the Vudu was under Walmart for almost a decade starting from the year 2010 to 2020.
- In 2020, Fandango Media again acquired Vudu for an undisclosed amount. And from then on, Vudu is under the ownership of Fandango Media.
Is Vudu Free on Roku?
Yes, Vudu is free on Roku. Vudu is a subscription-free video streaming service individually and the same applies to Roku. On Roku, adding a Vudu channel will give you a free $5.99 video credit once using which you can rent or purchase the movie of your choice. All the services and benefits offered by Vudu will be the same, only difference being that you are viewing content on a Roku device instead.
Does Vudu Have a Monthly Fee?
No, Vudu doesn’t have any monthly fees. It’s free to use and register.
- You can find some of the content on Vudu for free.
- The content that’s not free, you only have to pay the one-time purchase or rental fee in order to watch it on your own time.
- You might see some offers on Vudu, which will offer you a bundle of movies or TV shows at a discounted price.
Other than that, there’s no other such Vudu monthly fee.
Is It Free to Make a Vudu Account?
Yes, it’s free to make a Vudu account on all the platforms it supports. The account creation is free as you’ll need an email to make a Vudu account. You can log in using your email and password and watch movies on your own time.
How Much is Vudu Fandango a Month?
Vudu Fandango is free to use, and there are no monthly charges or subscriptions. Some of the movies and TV shows are available for free on Vudu, while for others, you have to pay a one-time fee for only purchases and rentals.
- Rental charges for a movie can range from $0.99 to $5.99.
- If you purchase a movie, it can range from $4.99 to $24.99.
- Vudu also offers TV show purchases, where individual episodes generally range from $1.99 to $2.99.
- Seasons of shows typically range from $16.99 to $43.99.
How Many Times Can You Watch a Rented Movie on Vudu?
You can watch a rented movie on Vudu only once.
- If you’ve rented a movie on Vudu, you will have 30 days to watch that movie.
- And once you’ve started watching the movie, you have only 48 hours to finish watching it.
- How to Manage EA Account Settings
- Fix Unexpected Error on Netflix
- How to Update Kodi Library
- How to Use Netflix Party to Watch Movies with Friends
We hope you have understood the steps to organize your Vudu movies and delete movies from Vudu. You can let us know any queries or suggestions in the comments section below.
So, your article refers to removing Vudu movies from a working device, but what do you do if the device is broken, like a phone, and your replacement device SHOWS the movie as downloaded on the new device, but will not let you view it?