MEGA is a cloud storage and file hosting service providing company that is owned by MEGA limited and is a company that is based in Auckland, New Zealand. MEGA is the most reliable, safe, and trusted worldwide file hosting platform, like Google Drive. And just like Google Drive, its free account has a max limit of up to 15 GB of storage. But to get more storage, you need to purchase the Pro plans. MEGA provides its service to you in the form of the MEGA app for Android, iOS, iPad OS, and Windows devices. And if you don’t want to use the app, you can use the MEGA website on your device browser by logging into your account. Deleting a MEGA account is as simple as creating it. If you are someone who is looking for a little help and an exact guide for the same, this article will help you with that. It will guide you in steps on how to delete MEGA account and how to permanently delete MEGA app from your phone. Also, you will learn whether MEGA delete inactive accounts and if will MEGA delete my files from my account or not.
- How to Delete MEGA Account
- Does MEGA Delete Inactive Accounts?
- Does Deleting MEGA Account Delete Everything?
- Will MEGA Delete My Files?
- Why MEGA Deleted My Files?
- What Happens If My MEGA Account is Deleted? What Happens When You Delete Your MEGA Account?
- How Do I Permanently Delete MEGA App?
- How to Delete MEGA Account on iPhone?
- How to Delete MEGA Account?
How to Delete MEGA Account
You will get to know how to delete MEGA account further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Does MEGA Delete Inactive Accounts?
Yes, MEGA delete inactive accounts. According to MEGA terms and conditions, it can anytime suspend any account if the user violates their terms and conditions. Based on the account subscription preference, if any free account is found inactive for 3 months, that account will be deleted permanently. And all the pro accounts or the accounts that have subscribed for some plans will not be deleted even if the account stays inactive for 3 or more months, but the owner of the account has to pay the account subscription fee every month. It’s better to have a Pro MEGA account if you use the MEGA to store your files. Now, you know whether MEGA delete inactive accounts or not.
Does Deleting MEGA Account Delete Everything?
Yes, deleting MEGA account deletes everything. Deleting a MEGA account is an irreversible process so do think twice while deleting it. And if you’ve decided to do so, make sure to download and store all the files on your storage device. As you delete your MEGA account:
- All the data associated with your account will be deleted permanently.
- The devices in which your MEGA account was logged in will be logged out automatically.
- Also, your login information will be deleted immediately.
So, there’ll be no way you can get your account or account data back. Even after deleting your account, if you try logging in, you’ll see the error message that the email is invalid or the account no longer exists.
Will MEGA Delete My Files?
Yes, MEGA will delete the files that you’ve deleted from your trash folder. But you can still be able to restore the deleted files from the trash folder. And there is a certain time limit to recover the deleted files:
- 60 days for Free users
- 180 days for Pro users
To protect your files from copyright issues, MEGA deletes those files which are the same and keeps only one of the duplicates. Hence, your storage space gets increased. Any files that include viruses will also be deleted to protect you and the other user’s data.
Why MEGA Deleted My Files?
There are multiple reasons why mega deleted your files:
- MEGA only stores one copy of a file and it will delete other copies of it.
- Files deleted from the trash folder will be deleted after 60 days.
- If you use a free account and you have exceeded the free storage limit of 15 GB, your files will be deleted. And before deleting, you’ll be notified.
- MEGA will delete files containing viruses or some kind of spyware.
- Sometimes due to technical issues, your files won’t show up in your account.
Also Read: Why Tinder Won’t Let Me Delete My Account?
What Happens If My MEGA Account is Deleted? What Happens When You Delete Your MEGA Account?
Once you delete your MEGA account, all the account-related data, including your documents, images, videos, or any other files will be deleted permanently. Also, there’s no way to recover your account once you’ve deleted it. A deleted account gets immediately deleted from the database.
How Do I Permanently Delete MEGA App?
To permanently delete MEGA app, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Note: Make sure you are logged into the MEGA app.
1. Open the MEGA app on your phone.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top-left of the screen.
3. Tap on the Settings option.
4. Swipe down to the bottom and tap on Delete account.
5. From the pop-up, tap on Delete account. An account closure email will be sent to your registered email address.
6. Go to your email inbox and tap on the Close my account link from the email received from MEGA.
7. Then, enter the MEGA account password in the ensuing prompt.
8. Tap on Delete account to permanently delete the MEGA account.
9. Go to the App drawer and tap-hold the MEGA app icon.
10. Tap on Uninstall.
11. Tap on Uninstall from the popup to permanently delete the MEGA app from your phone.
This is how you can permanently delete MEGA app from your phone or tablet.
Also Read: How Do You Delete Xfinity Account
How to Delete MEGA Account on iPhone?
You can follow the steps mentioned above to delete your MEGA account from your MEGA iOS app.
How to Delete MEGA Account?
To delete MEGA account, follow these steps:
1. Visit the MEGA website on your browser.
2. Click on Log in from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Enter your email and password and click on Log in.
4. Once you are logged in, click on the profile icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
5. Click on Settings.
6. From the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom and click on Delete account.
7. Click on Yes to confirm the action. An account closure link will be sent to your registered email address.
8. Open the MEGA email from the inbox and click on the Close my account link.
9. Select the desired reason for deleting the account and click on Submit.
10. Click on OK to complete the process of deletion.
This is how you can delete MEGA account on your device using your browser.
- How to Reset ATT Router
- How to Find Someone on LinkedIn by Email Address
- How to Delete Your Wish Account
- How to Restore Deleted Draft in Gmail
We hope that you learned about how to delete MEGA account. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.