Samsung is a well-known brand amongst other Android phones. It has provided Android users with some amazing line of smartphones including the Note land Galaxy lineage. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is one such successor of the Note series that has gained a lot of popularity due to its unmatched design and features. The phone was launched in 2015 as the successor of Galaxy Note 4 and is a part of the Samsung Galaxy Note series. The phone has a larger display than the Galaxy S series, has more specifications, and also includes a stylus known as S-Pen. One of its many features is its ability to connect to a TV which expands its functionality greatly. While connecting Note 5 to a TV using Wi-Fi is the most common method, people also connect their phones to TV without using the internet. If you are also here to know how to connect Note 5 to TV without Wi-Fi, then you have come to the right place. In our today’s guide, you will learn about different wireless and wired methods that can help you connect Samsung Note 5 to a TV. Along with uncovering some unknown facts & perks of using Galaxy Note 5 with TV, we will also acquaint you with steps on how to connect Note 5 to TV with HDMI cable. So, without further ado, let us get started with our most awaited guide on Note 5 and TV connectivity right away.
How to Connect Note 5 to TV Without Wi-Fi
The function of connecting Note 5 to a TV with or without Wi-Fi is a feature that has been incorporated by the developers themselves. This is without a doubt an amazing feature that lets users view their phone and its contents on the big screen easily. The choice of connecting a Galaxy phone to a TV with or without Wi-Fi depends on the technical equipment in the house and also on the functionality of the TV. We are here to get you familiar with different ways in which you can know how to connect Samsung Note 5 to TV without Wi-Fi:
Method 1: Use USB
Using a wired method to connect your Note 5 to your TV is the easiest and most convenient way. And using a USB cable is what comes to mind at first when a wired connection is taken into consideration. To perform this method, the Note 5 user is required to have a USB cable that comes with the device. Once you have the cable, follow the steps below to move forward with this method:
1. Insert one side of the USB cable into the smartphone.
2. Insert the other side of the USB cable into your TV port.
3. Next, launch the TV menu using the remote control.
4. Now, select the USB port that you can find in the Connections menu.
Once you know how to connect Note 5 to TV without Wi-Fi and the smartphone is connected to the TV; the exchange of data is confirmed on your phone itself where you need to select the connection as a media device. Once done, you will be able to use the remote control of your TV to display your smartphone images, video, and audio on the TV screen.
Also Read: Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SIM Card Error
Method 2: Use HDMI Cable
Using an HDMI cable is the next step in order to connect your TV to Samsung Note 5. Although the method is complex, it is functional. Pairing your phone to the TV using an HDMI cable allows the smartphone screen to be displayed on the TV screen. It helps to view the actions performed on the smartphone on TV as well. You can also use your applications on your smartphone via TV. The only catch about this method is that the Note 5 is not equipped with an HDMI port for connecting to a TV. However, this problem can be resolved by using an MHL or SlimPort adapter. You can buy this accessory from the e-store. You follow the steps below to know how to connect Note 5 to TV with HDMI cable:
1. Insert the USB plug from MHL or SlimPort adapter into the smartphone.
2. Connect the same parts of the adapter and receiver using an HDMI cable.
3. Now, open TV settings and access the available connections list.
4. Select the HDMI connector from the list.
Once the steps are correctly performed, Note 5 screen will be displayed on the TV and you will be able to operate your smartphone via your TV easily.
Method 3: Use Miracast
The next method in Galaxy Note 5 connect to TV without Wi-Fi includes using Miracast. This method will help to mirror any screen on your device without wires.
Note: If your TV does not support Miracast, you can purchase one of the following items, and then connect it to an available HDMI port on your TV:
- Miracast Video Adapter
- Amazon Fire TV box or TV Stick
- Samsung Smart TV with Miracast Support
- Roku 3, 4, or Streaming Stick
- Another device that supports Miracast
Follow the steps below to use Miracast:
1. Now, set up your device to receive video after connecting it to Miracast.
2. Next, connect your TV to Note 5 by swiping the notification bar on top of the screen of your phone.
3. Now, select Quick Connect and tap on your device.
4. Now, select Play/view content and then the device name.
5. Next, select Video and tap on Done.
Method 4: Use Bluetooth Dongle
The last step involved in knowing how to connect Note 5 to TV without Wi-Fi is using a Bluetooth dongle. If your TV is not a recent model or if it does not support Bluetooth, you can make use of a dongle. Bluetooth dongle works by being plugged into the USB port which then sends out a Bluetooth signal to your Android device, allowing it to sync to the TV.
1. Connect the Bluetooth dongle to your TV port.
2. Now, enable Bluetooth on your Note 5.
3. Wait for your Note 5 to detect all Bluetooth signals in the area.
4. Once detected, select Pair with the device when it finds your TV.
Galaxy Note 5 Connect to TV Perks
Galaxy Note 5 is a smartphone that features some amazing functions that can be enjoyed on the big screen. While it is a fully-fledged phone that does not require connecting it to any other device, it still offers some benefits in connecting to a TV:
- You can enjoy listening to music on your phone via TV speakers.
- You can watch videos on the big screen with more clarity.
- It offers convenient and easy wireless TV control.
- Users can enjoy gaming on the big TV screen.
- It helps to display the smartphone home screen on a TV.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Which hardware connection can I use to connect my Note 5 to the TV?
Ans. To connect Note 5 to a TV using a hardware connection, you can opt for an MHL adapter that is compatible with Note 5.
Q2. Can I connect my phone to the TV without Wi-Fi?
Ans. Yes, connecting the phone to a Tv without Wi-Fi is possible using the methods given in the doc above.
Q3. How can I connect my phone to a TV via USB?
Ans. You can connect your phone to a TV using USB by simply connecting the USB-C cable to Android and then connecting it to a suitable docking station with HDMI out or a USB-C to HDMI adaptor.
Q4. Is there screen mirroring in Samsung 5?
Ans. Yes, screen mirroring is available in Galaxy S Series.
Q5. Is there a smart view in Note 5?
Ans. The smart view feature in Note 5 was discontinued in Oct 2020.
- 170+ Cute Wi-Fi Names
- How to Hack Wi-Fi Password on Android
- Which is Better Between Samsung vs iPhone?
- How to Get Rid of Picasa on Samsung Galaxy S5
We hope that our guide on how to connect Note 5 to TV without Wi-Fi helped you out with different ways that you can use to connect your Android to TV. Not to mention the perks this connection can provide you. If you have any other queries, suggestions, or doubts, you can leave them in the comments section below.