Chime Financial, Inc. is an American financial technology company that offers fee-free internet banking services that are provided by The Bancorp Bank or Stride Bank, N.A. The collection of interchange fees is where Chime derives the majority of its income. Account holders receive Visa debit or credit cards and access to an online banking system through the company’s website or mobile apps. Chime doesn’t have any physical branches, doesn’t charge monthly or overdraft fees, doesn’t ask for an initial deposit or a minimum amount to start a free checking account, and has no minimum balance requirements. Nevertheless, even with all of these advantages, you could eventually decide to quit using Chime, especially if you no longer require it. But sometimes, things might become a little confusing. There isn’t a lot of information to close your account on the Chime website. If you are someone looking for tips about how to close Chime account, stay tuned until the end. We are bringing you a helpful guide that will make you understand how to delete my Chime account and contact Chime support.
How to Close Chime Account
There were 8 million users of Chime as of February 2020. In many ways, Chime is great. It enables you to send or receive funds more easily, for instance, by enabling rapid money transfers across accounts. You may transfer money to or receive money from friends and family members who have Chime accounts. Even better, there are no additional costs. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to close Chime account in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Is Chime a Bad Bank?
No, Chime is not a bad bank. The opinion depends on your banking needs. Even if it doesn’t operate in the same way as your standard neighborhood bank, your money is still secure in those accounts since they are covered by FDIC insurance.
Is There a Fee to Close Chime Account?
No, there is no fee to close Chime account.
Can Chime Close Your Account?
Yes, Chime can close your account if they suspect fraudulent activity. If fraud is discovered, Chime shuts the account and returns the money that was illegally deposited to the authorities. The account may still be canceled, but the cash will be returned to the account holder if no clear proof can be provided.
Does Chime Ever Close Your Account?
Yes, Chime can delete your account only in cases of suspicious activities.
Does Closing a Chime Account Hurt Your Credit?
No, closing a Chime account does not hurt your credit. The information in your credit report is used to determine your credit score; however, bank accounts are not included in this report.
How Do I Delete My Chime Account Online?
Now that you know closing Chime account does not hurt your credit, let’s learn ways to delete my Chime account. By sending an email request, you can have your account deleted.
The steps listed below should be followed to delete Chime account online:
1. Open the email account that is connected to your Chime account.
2. Click on Compose and enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the To field.
3. Next, fill out the Subject field with Request to Delete My Account.
4. Write an email outlining your reasons for and Chime account and data deletion.
5. To delete your account, click Send after this.
Note: After a while, customer service will respond to your inquiry. When your account is terminated, a confirmation email will be issued to you to let you know.
Also Read: How to Delete My Philo Account
How Do I Delete a Chime Account?
To permanently remove your Chime account, all you have to do is make a request to Chime customer care through email. For a permanent Chime account termination, write an email to email@example.com, the customer care email address for Chime. You can call Chime’s phone number in addition.
You may close Chime account using the Chime app on an Apple device if you have version 5.109 or later of the software:
Note: To terminate your account if you have an Android smartphone, you must contact support by placing a call at 844-244-6363.
1. Open the Chime app on your iOS device.
2. Tap on the Settings gear icon from the top left corner.
3. Tap on the Edit option present next to Personal info.
4. Tap on Close Account from the bottom.
5. Enter the last 4 digits of your social security number to confirm the deletion and tap on Submit request.
Note: You may also upload a picture here if needed.
6. For the procedure to be complete, tap on Got it.
The Chime support team will get back to you in the next 24 hours.
Also Read: How Do I Log Into Amazon Chime
How to Close Chime Account?
Read further to know how to delete Chime account.
- Call Chime Member Services at 1-844-244-6363 if you have a negative balance on the account or need assistance closing it.
- You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have money in your account, you can also transfer it to a linked account using an ACH transfer, or the Chime staff can send you a check at the address they have on file for you if you have money in your account.
- To terminate your account if you have an Android smartphone, you must contact support using the email: email@example.com.
- You may discontinue your account through the Chime application if you’re using an Apple device. Follow the steps mentioned in the above heading to delete Chime account on your iOS device.
How Do I Contact Chime Support via Email?
Now that you know how to close your Chime account let us know how to contact chime support. You can email Chime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Make Instagram Private
- How to Delete Vine Account
- What is Your USAA Online ID?
- How to Close GoDaddy Account
We hope that you learned about how to close Chime account. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.