WhatsApp is one of the popular messaging apps around the world that requires your mobile number to connect with people. But you might want to change your number for privacy reasons or simply update your contact information without causing disruptions. Are you looking to change your WhatsApp number without notifying contacts? If so, you are at the right place. In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions that will clear away your doubts in seconds.
How to Change WhatsApp Number without Notifying Contacts
WhatsApp is a pretty useful app to stay in touch with your loved ones. You can use this social media app to send text, voice, or video calls to other WhatsApp users. But if you want to change your WhatsApp number without letting someone else know, it can be quite a bit of a task.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to hide from all of your contacts that you have changed the contact number. Instead, WhatsApp allows you to pick specific WhatsApp users and avoid them getting the same news via a silent message. Here are the steps that will guide you to change your registered phone number on WhatsApp.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon > Settings from the top right corner.
3. Then, tap on Account.
4. From here, tap on Change number.
5. Tap on Next to confirm the popup.
6. Enter your old phone number in the first field and your new phone number in the second field with the country code for each.
7. Then, tap on NEXT.
8. Turn on the toggle for the Notify contacts option and select the Custom… option.
9. Then, select the desired contacts you want to notify and tap on the check mark icon.
Note: Your group chats will be notified when you change your phone number regardless of whether you choose to notify your contacts.
10. Tap on DONE.
11. Then, verify your new phone number by entering the 6-digit code you receive on it.
Also Read: How to Activate WhatsApp with Old Number
How to Prevent WhatsApp Number Change Message to Friends
As mentioned earlier, you cannot hide the fact that you are switching to a new contact number for WhatsApp. Instead, choose the Custom option while changing the number to prevent WhatsApp number change message to friends. Read and follow the steps mentioned above to do that successfully.
If I Change My Number on WhatsApp, Will I Lose My Chats?
It depends. Let’s see how:
- If you change your contact number but use the same smartphone, chat history will be available in your case.
- If you use a different smartphone, you will lose access to it.
Can People Still Message You If You Change Your WhatsApp Number?
Yes, people can still message you even if you change your WhatsApp number. They will know that you have changed your registered number to some other number through the notification that WhatsApp sends them. If you don’t want to notify everyone that you have changed your number, you can simply exclude some contacts from knowing the same.
How does WhatsApp Notify Contacts after Number Change?
WhatsApp notifies contacts after a number change by providing a silent message to all the groups you have joined and all the persons you have chatted with over the years.
How to Inform Change of Mobile Number in WhatsApp
WhatsApp automatically informs of the changing of Mobile numbers to the groups, friends, and the rest of the people you have chatted with. If don’t want to show your notification to everyone, you can exclude some people from the list.
- How to Hide Music Lyrics on Instagram Story
- How to Watch Deleted YouTube Videos
- WhatsApp New Update: Chat Transfer without Backing-up in Cloud Data
- Does WhatsApp Give You Phone Number?
So, we hope you have understood how to change your WhatsApp number without notifying contacts with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.