If you haven’t been living under a rock for the last couple of years, then you must have heard about the top-rated AR-based fiction fantasy game, Pokémon Go. It fulfilled the lifelong dream of Pokémon fans to go out and catch powerful yet cute pocket monsters. This game allows you to step in the shoes of a Pokémon trainer, exploring the world to collect a wide variety of Pokémons and fighting other trainers at designated Pokémon Gyms.
Now, one aspect of your character in the fantasy world of Pokémon Go is that he/she belongs to a team. Members of the same team support each other in Pokémon battles that are fought for the control of a Gym. Team members assist each other in defeating enemy gyms to take control or help in defending friendly gyms. If you are a trainer, then you would most certainly want to be a part of a strong team or at least in the same team as your friends. This can be achieved if you change your team in Pokémon Go. For those who want to know how to change pokémon go team, continue reading this article as that is exactly what we are going to discuss today.
Table of Contents
How to Change the Pokémon Go Team
What is a Pokémon Go Team?
Before we learn how to change Pokémon Go team, let’s start with the basics and understand what a team is all about and what purpose it serves. Once you reach level 5, you have the option to join one of the three teams. These teams are Valor, Mystic, and Instinct. Each team is led by an NPC (Non-playable character) and has a mascot Pokémon in addition to its logo and icon. Once you choose a team, it will be displayed on your profile.
Members of the same team need to support each other while defending a gym controlled by them or while trying to defeat enemy teams and taking control of their gyms. It is the duty of the team members to supply Pokémons for battles at the gym and also keeping the Pokémons boosted at all times.
Being a part of a team not gives a sense of belonging and camaraderie but also comes with other perks as well. For example, you can collect bonus items by spinning the Photo Disc at a friendly gym. You can also earn Premier balls during raid battles and get Pokémon appraisals from your team leader.
Why do you need to Change Pokémon Go Team?
Although each team has different leaders, mascot Pokémons, etc. these attributes are mostly ornamental and do not affect gameplay in any way. So, essentially it really does not matter which team you choose as none of them has an extra edge over the other. Therefore arise the important question, “What is the need to change Pokémon Go Team?”
The answer is quite simple, teammates. If your teammates aren’t supportive and just not good enough, then you would most likely want to switch teams. The other plausible reason is to be on the same team as your friend or family members. Gym battles can get really fun if you and your friends work hand in hand and co-operate while challenging other teams for control of the Gym. Just like any other team, you would naturally want to have your friends on your team, watching your back.
Steps to Change Pokémon Go Team
We know that this is the part that you have been waiting for, so let’s get started with this article on how to change pokémon go team without any more delay. To change the Pokémon Go team, you will need a Team Medallion. This item is available in the in-game shop and will cost you 1000 coins. Also, take note that this Medallion can only be purchased only once in 365 days, meaning that you won’t be able to change Pokémon Go team more than once in a year. So make sure that you make the right choice as there is no turning back. Given below is a step-wise guide to obtaining and using a Team Medallion.
1. The first thing that you need to do is to launch the Pokémon Go app on your phone.
2. Now tap on the Pokéball icon at the bottom-centre of the screen. This will open the main menu of the game.
3. Here, tap on the Shop button to visit the Poké shop on your phone.
4. Now browse through the shop, and you will find a Team Medallion in the Team Change section. This item will only be visible if you have reached level 5, and you are already a part of a team.
5. Tap on this Medallion and then tap on the Exchange button. As mentioned earlier, this will cost you 1000 coins, so make sure you have enough coins in your account.
6. If you do not have enough coins at the time of purchase, you will be redirected to the page from where you can purchase coins.
7. Once you have enough coins, you will be able to continue with your purchase. To do so, tap on the OK button.
8. The newly purchased Team Medallion will be displayed in your personal items.
9. You can now exit the shop by tapping on the small cross button at the bottom and come back to the home screen.
10. Now tap on the Pokéball icon again to open the Main menu.
11. Here select the Items option.
12. You will find your Team Medallion, among other items that you have. Tap on it to use it.
13. Since you won’t be able to change your team again in the next one year, tap on the OK button only if you are absolutely sure.
14. Now simply choose one of the three teams that you would like to be a part of and confirm your action by tapping on the OK button.
15. The changes will be saved and your new Pokémon Go team will be reflected on your profile.
- How To Change Pokémon Go Name After New Update
- 20+ Hidden Google Games You Need to Play (2021)
- How to Gameshare on Xbox One
With that, we come to the end of this article. We hope this article was helpful and you were able to change your Pokémon Go team. Pokémon Go is a fun game for everyone and you can enjoy it even more if you team up with your friends. In case you are currently in a different team, then you can easily right the wrong by spending some coins and purchasing a Team Medallion. We are pretty sure that you won’t need it more than once, so go ahead and change your team once and for all.