Changing the Facebook marketplace location to another country opens up a whole world of possibilities.
By doing so, you can explore a wide range of items and opportunities available in different regions, allowing you to connect with sellers and buyers from various countries.
If you’re interested in learning how to change your Facebook marketplace location to another country or local only no shipping, then read this article till the end!
How to Change Facebook Marketplace Location to Another Country
By default, Facebook marketplace sets your location based on the information you provided in your profile.
However, there may be some situations where you want to change your location to another country or region.
Changing the country location of the Facebook marketplace can help you reach potential buyers from different countries, expanding your reach and helping you find a larger customer base.
You can switch your Facebook marketplace location over 100 different countries.
Option 1: On Android
Follow these steps to change the country of the Facebook marketplace on your Android device:
1. Open the Facebook and tap on the Hamburger icon.
2. Choose Marketplace.
3. From the Marketplace section, tap on the map icon along with your current location.
Note: If you don’t find this option, you can tap on the profile icon.
4. Tap on the Search icon and enter the country and zip code you want to switch to.
5. Now, zoom out the map and find a city you want to set and set the radius inside of it.
6. Once done, tap on Apply.
Option 2: On iPhone
The steps to change location on Facebook Marketplace are the same as Android as given above.
Also Read: How to Change GPS Location on iPhone
Option 3: On Desktop Web Version
Follow these steps to change the country of the Facebook marketplace on the desktop:
1. Login to your Facebook account on your desktop browser.
2. Click on Marketplace and then the Map icon at the top right corner.
3. In the search bar, enter the city or zip code.
4. Now, click on the Radius option and select the kilometers from the available option.
5. Lastly, click on the Apply option.
Option 4: Via VPN
To change the Facebook marketplace place location to another country, you don’t need a VPN.
Facebook itself has a built-in feature to achieve this.
However, if somehow you don’t have Facebook access, you can use a VPN to change location.
After connecting to a VPN server, you can perform the same steps as given below.
Read our article on Top 10 Best Free Unlimited VPNs for Android if you are confused about choosing the best VPN.
How to Change Facebook Marketplace Settings to Local Only No shipping
By default, the Facebook marketplace has both local pickup and shipping options.
However, if you wish to limit your options to local pickup, you can easily change the settings to local only by following these simple instructions:
1. Go to the Marketplace page and tap on Categories.
2. Select Buy & sell groups > Filters.
3. Tap on the Delivery options and select Local only.
4. Tap on See listings.
Why Change Your Facebook Marketplace Location?
There are several reasons why changing your Facebook marketplace location can be beneficial including:
- It allows you to reach a wider customer base beyond your immediate area.
- It allows you to browse items that may not be available in your area.
- If you are a seller who offers unique products, changing Facebook marketplace location can help you tap into niche markets that may have higher demand for specific products.
- Changing your Facebook marketplace can be helpful if you are traveling or moving to a different region. By updating your location, you can interact with local listings that are relevant to your new area.
Do I Need a VPN to Change My Facebook Marketplace Location?
No, a VPN is not necessary for changing your location on the Facebook marketplace.
While a VPN can help change your location and hide your real IP address, Facebook has a convenient location you don’t built-in feature that allows you to change your marketplace location directly within the app.
How to Change Listing Location on Facebook Marketplace
As a buyer, you can change the listing location on Facebook Marketplace by following the methods given above.
If you want to change the location in multiple locations for listing as a seller on Facebook Marketplace, you can follow the below steps:
Note: Facebook Marketplace doesn’t allow you to directly list an item in multiple locations at once. If you need to post in multiple locations, then create separate listings with different locations. Also, you can join up to 20 groups to post the listing in more places.
1. Go to Marketplace and tap on the three dots next to the listing.
2. Select Edit listing.
3. Swipe down and tap on Location.
4. Choose the new location and tap on Apply.
5. Finally, tap on Save.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What countries are supported by Facebook Marketplace?
Ans. Here is the list of countries supported by Facebook Marketplace:
- North America (NA): United States, Canada
- Latin America (LATAM): Brazil, Mexico
- Europe Middle East, and Africa (EMEA): Denmark, France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- Asia-Pacific (APAC): Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand
Q2. Can I use Facebook Marketplace in multiple locations?
Ans. Yes, you can! Facebook allows you to use marketplaces in multiple countries. However, there are certain restrictions regarding selling within a certain radius of your own country.
Q3. Is Facebook Marketplace available in UAE?
Ans. Yes, the Facebook Marketplace is available in the UAE. It allows UAE residents to access and use the Facebook marketplace.
Discover unique products and engage in cross-cultural commerce effortlessly by following the instructions mentioned above.
We hope this article was helpful and that you have learned how to change your Facebook marketplace location to another country.
Drop your feedback in the comments section below and keep visiting our page for more interesting articles!