Facebook remains an evergreen platform for sharing thoughts and emotions through images and words. However, mere words may not always suffice when crafting a compelling post. In your quest to emphasize your stories and ideas, the use of bold text can command the impact you want. So, in this article, we will show you how to bold and italicize text in a Facebook post on an Android phone.
Table of Contents
How to Bold Text in Facebook Posts in Mobile App
Do you remember Facebook Notes? The built-in feature on the platform allowed users to create, format, and publish longer-form posts with images, and links. You could bold text in it. However, Facebook discontinued it. Presently, there is no such feature on the platform to do the same. Nevertheless, there are several third-party apps that can generate Unicode text. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Facebook app.
2. Tap on the Write something here… text box and type your message.
3. Select the part you want to bold and copy it.
4. Launch the yaytext.com website on any browser.
5. Paste the text you copied earlier in the box next to Your Text.
6. Tap on Copy next to Bold (serif) or Bold (sans) as preferred.
7. Go back to the Facebook app where you were creating the post and paste the bold text.
That’s all. You can remove the normal text and Post it.
How to Italicize Texts on Facebook Posts
Italics are creative and attractive, aren’t they? If you want to post something in Italics on Facebook, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Facebook and tap on the Write something here… text box.
2. Type the message, select and copy the part you want to italicize.
3. Launch the yaytext.com website and paste the copied text in the box next to Your Text.
4. Tap on Copy next to the Italic (serif) or Italic (sans) option.
5. Paste the italic-style text in the Facebook post.
Also Read: How to Share Facebook Albums on Android
How to Italicize Texts on Facebook Messenger
You can follow the same steps mentioned above to italicize texts using YayText and paste them into the Messenger chat.
How to Strikethrough Texts on Facebook Posts
Strikethrough is a creative style that puts a line through the middle of the text to indicate that a certain text is no longer valid while still keeping it visible for reference. Follow the steps mentioned below to add a Strikethrough to texts on Facebook:
1. Type the text first on the Write something here… text box on Facebook.
2. Copy the desired part of the text which you want to Strikethrough.
3. Launch the YayText Strikethrough website. and paste the copied text in the box next to Your Text.
4. Tap on Copy next to either Short strikethrough, Long strikethrough, or Tilde strikethrough.
5. Paste the copied strikethrough text in the Facebook post.
Also Read: How To Do Strikethrough on Instagram
How to Underline Texts on Facebook Status
If you want to add underlined text to your Facebook status, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Facebook and tap on the
2. Tap on Create story, followed by Text.
3. Type the message and select the text you want to underline.
4. Launch the YayText Underline website and paste the copied text in the box beside Your Text.
5. Tap on the Copy option next to the style you prefer. For example, we chose Underline (low line).
6. Now paste the copied text on the Facebook status and tap on Done.
Recommended: How to Post a Garage Sale on Facebook
We hope this article helped you bold text in Facebook posts on Android phone. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments box below.